• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Flowers for Harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Kip straightened his tie. He was in his usual form, buying into the idea that appearances meant little, but was dressed in a dinner suit, with a bowler hat slightly lopsided on his head. In his hand he carried a large bouquet of roses, real ones which he had picked himself from one of the Horizon's parks. He felt nervous, which was a wonderful experience. It was a rare thing for him to feel nervous, and he valued it intensely.

He took a deep synthetic breath, and felt his synthetic breath speed up. He knocked on the metallic door of Harm's quarters, calculating the perfect strength to get the noise across without being annoying. He could have used the com system, but he felt it lacked the human touch. His heart skipped a beat.

Harm grabbed a hold of one of the pillows strewn about on her bed as a light rapping came a tapping on her chamber door. A blissful look on her face showed just how much she was enjoying her nap as she considered bringing the pillow back to her head and sleeping a bit longer but alas this might be related to her job and that, for the moment, was more important that her personal comfort. "One moment, I'll be right there.' She said as she slid out of her covers and off the bed.

"Oh, hello kip... flowers?â€

"Yes flowers, Roses actualy. Good afternoon Harm, you look wonderfull this evening. Have I disturbed you?" He felt a sinking feeling, from the look of the room and Harm he had disturbed her rest. Damn. Harm did look wonderfull though, her jet black hair cascading down her face, long at the back, and with two bangs enclosing her face like a heart. He let out a mental sigh.

"If you would rather I left ..." He hoped she wouldn't turn him away.

Harm smiled, suppressing a small laugh at Kip's expense. "It seems silly to come here and ,once you have me, to leave. What did you want to talk about?â€

Kip mentally let out a deep sigh of relief. A gentle smile spread across his lips.

"Well it apears, looking back on our conversations, that I have spoken a lot about myself, and you have not spoken much about yourself. I have come to the conclusion your a reasonably private person, but I would like to know more of you, if you are willing."

Harm retreated into her room a ways, walking around the few duffle bags on the floor that held her stuff. "So...â€

"Not buisness certainly, a date I'm sure could be aranged." His eyes glazed over for an instant as he arranged a seat for two at a rather nice restraunt, which served wonderfull pasta. "How about a meal with the best plate of pasta in three light-years? My treat of course. There we can discuss everything and anything." His eyes sparkled.

"When? I can arrange it any time," Kip made a show of looking at a watch he drew from his breast pocke "although I am free now. Do you have anything planned?" Kip was feeling a little daft standing holding the huge bouquet of flowers. He took a step inside, closing the door behind him.

"I have about an hour left until the group's dinner break officially ends and they start trickling back into the lab.â€

"Nice suit." Kip held any comments aside, although the suit did raise some intresting questions "Come along then."

He led the way down the hall at a brisk pace and stopped at one of the transportation modules.

"Ladies first." He grinned, and gestured to the door, which he oponed.

"I hope you don't expect to talk about everything, but anything is definitely something you can ask about,â€

"In this form yes. I have spent special attention on this form, and it is perfect, down to the neurons on my tongue. Thus I can taste just as you can, if not better. I look forward to it actually, I haven't eaten before." Kip silently directed the transport at the destination closest the restraunt, re-directing several other transports for a faster journey. By the end of his sentance they had reached the destination, and the doors slid silently open.

"You first, I insist." Kip made a half bowing, gesturing motion. This was going as well as his most reasonable predictions had foretold, his more ecentric ones, while fun to simulate in his mind, where unlikely to happen. He realised he wasn't exactly a lovable thing, he wasn't even a organism. He brought himself back from that thought, he felt depresion was a comfort he couldn't indulge in.

"Well then it is good to know I won't be the only one trying to enjoy the food.â€

Kip shrugged "It's quite exspensive, I wouldn't know if your sponsors are willing for you spend good money on food. It is worth it though. It's a place that Emrys Industries set up. I happen to know Seru so I allowed it. And here it is." He gestured at a very nice looking restraunt, with table adorned with white linen, candles, and one table on the balcony a story above them, with a single red rose resting in a vase.

"And that's our table." Kip grinned and manipulated the AG so that he and Harm floated up the balcony.

Harm extended her feet to get a feel for the ground as she touched down, "Well, indulging oneself is a necessity sometimes,â€

Kip sat down. "Seru Emrys is the head of Emrys industries. He's a nice guy really, viciously intelligant. He's the head of the Emrys clan that recently established Emrys Industries, which is now growing at an amazing rate. His son was actualy here for a while." He looked over at the waiter "Garcon." He called.

The waiter came over "Will madame and monsier order."

"Thank you, I'll have the Spaggeti Bolonese. Would you like more time Harm?"

"Not really. They sell a power suit for police, a powered truncheon, several grenades, they run a form of armoured taxi surface on Nepleslia, and they have now gone into the food industry, and quite succesfly too. I hear they might be going into education next."

The waiter came with a bottle of wine "I had this put on ice. It's a rather nice vintage actualy." He offered the bottle to Harm.

"Ah, another one of those omni corporations that do a bit of everything. Education should be a rather interesting field to go into. I don't imagine much of a demand for that here.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back