• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Force Cascade Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Inactive Member
Alright for this one can I please have NO OOC comments. This is how it is, it's not going to change. If you really want to say something say it through YIM or by PM. not on this thread.

No-FCP-02

Price: 5000ks

Type: Force Cascade Pistol
Weight: 1.5 lbs.
Length: 24cm

The No-FCP-02 is a powerful and advanced pistol developed by NovaCorp. It works by projecting a bolt of Weak Nuclear Force, which negates the effect of the Weak nuclear force within atoms nucleus', causing them to fly apart due to neutrons and protons natural repulsion effect. This results in the disintegration of the target, and a reasonable energy as part of the atoms energy is released. As such the bolt of the FCP can deal considerable damage, first disintegrating part of the target, then subjecting it to the heat and concussive force of an explosion. The bolt interacts with the air so as it flies it creates the interesting effect of being immediately followed by an ever moving small explosion, and the bolt itself glows bring blue thanks to the release of electromagnetic energy in the visible light spectrum.

The weapon does not actually use a battery or ammunition. It collects energy from the energy released in the barrel during firing, and this is more than enough to fire the next shot. This means that the weapon has an unlimited payload. It does need enough energy to fire the first shot, to start the effect rolling, but enough energy to do this is stored in the capacitors, and that recharges from the excess energy collected. The capacitor is charged by the factory when first purchased. It takes 2 seconds to recharge enough to fire another shot.

The pistol comes with a digital compass and a range-finder. The shell of the gun is made of perfect diamond, but is shaded chrome with metallic paint, and has wooden side to the stock. It also comes in a black version for field use, or if the user just like it that way. It uses a combination of advanced material shielding methods, including using amorphous metals and intercalated graphite's to shield the wires, and conductive polymers as wires. This makes it largely immune to EMI (Electromagnetic Interference). It has a laser sight on the top of the gun to help aiming.

Payload: Unlimited
Rate of fire: one shot every second
Range: 1km

Did I mention on the phone I thought this should be called a "screamer" or somesuch name, referring to it's constant explosion beam...

Force Cascade Pistol sounds like something that causes a chain reaction, or is overclocked in some way...

I'm not sure what exactly your shooting or how this does damage. Neutrons don't repel and protons don't repel neutrons (although they could repel eachother if thats what you mean)

According to this the weak nuclear force is is mediated by the W and Z bosons, which according to the link above can only be projected a incredibly short distance before completely dissapating.

Long rant short, add more discription on how this weapon does damage.

It collects energy from the energy released in the barrel during firing, and this is more than enough to fire the next shot

This is completely impossible because of the law of conservation of energy.

hey, can we just say this works?

I mean... let's get anime-y and say some long-syllabled words in a mixture of eastern languages... the louder we shout the words, the more powerful the attack!

... and on a more to-the-point point...

another thing we discussed was that this had a seperate WNF generator in the back half of the gun to power the firing process. Thomas appears to have forgotten stuff and replaced it with cooler sounding methods...

Uso, firstly it uses an energy packet encapsulation to sustain the relevant bosons. This allows them to travel further.

The energy from the explosion in the barrel is sufficient enough, not becuase of conservation of energy, but becuase more energy is given out by the disintergrating nuclei than is required to negate the weak nuclear force. No energy is created or destroyed so it does not break the conservation of energy law.

*Holds up both arms in the referee gesture from football*

"It's good!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back