• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Force Hiatus (Asbestos In House)

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
Hey all, so a few days ago we had a major water leak involing our dishwasher - flooded most of our kitchen. We had someone come in and run tests and... sadly it came back positive for Asbestos in our floor and walls (which, I might add, my father was told when he bought this house forty years ago that there was none)

So unfortunately, I'll be out of a house for at least a week, maybe longer, with no access to a computer while they come and clean it out.

Oh damn dude, we've has those sorts of issues across the country here so i feel for ya, don't sweat about the little things tho you need to focus on holding your breath

Hope it all goes well!
Also sue the ass off those estate agents lol

Can't. It was over forty years ago, odds are they are no longer living and the real-estate company that my father had gone through doesn't exist anymore.

I think the last thing I heard was that you said you had water damage recently. You also said that there was a company that gave you some kind of de-humidifiers and whatnot to combat it. If you're looking to sue, it could be them. But tbh don't sue people it's bad. Never have and probs never will.

Ok, our home owners insurance made it sound like we'd have teo vacate the house once the results came in but that wasn't the case, we still gotta wait for the Abesto people to come back, take measurements, and to see just how far it actually is before any decisions can be made. However, my family has been screwed so many times that my father (and I, for that matter) are both quite adament about staying in the house and keeping an eye on the workers. This is because we have a lot of valuables here, some of which can't be moved otherwise they might break or get damaged.

I'll keep you guys up-to-date on what is going on, suffice it to say, my attention will be focused almost completely on that for the time being (I will make a GM post though for my foxy players)

Man, that's some really hard luck...

Thanks for keeping us informed, though! Honestly zero guilt if you want to keep us fox fellows on holiday for a wee bit, mind.

Your health, stress levels, and your family's belongings are obviously more important!

So some good news, and... hmm.. not really any bad news right now.

We just had our insurance guy come over (Hartford) and my family and I ended up asking him quite a few questions, turns out the guys who did the initial clean up weren't being entirely truthful with us.

So we won't need to actually leave the house, we can still be here and it won't poss a problem. We did find out that the original clean up crew will be charging us twice as much, so we were told that once we get that bill to send it to our insurance guy and... "They'll take care of the rest", apparently they've had a lot of problems with this particular water-damage clean up company (and I just looked them up, wish I'd done that BEFORE but I wasn't thinking about it, but they have some bad reviews in this state)

Thus while I won't have eto worry about leaving right now, I will have to woryr about keeping an eye on the next company that comes in to handle the Asbestos (which we also found out was 'only' in the walls, unlike the cleaning company which said it was in the flooring only)

I sometimes hate dealing with some companies, but I hate being lied to even more...

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back