Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

Hey guys - I promise that I haven't dissappeared. Work is nuts with launching 5 new websites and a few enterprise level applications.

I'll jump back in soon as I have time to do a writeup. In this situation, do I just jump in where everyone is, or do I backtrack to where I left off?

Nick said:
I'll jump back in soon as I have time to do a writeup. In this situation, do I just jump in where everyone is, or do I backtrack to where I left off?

Not sure Nick. See what the GMs say. What I did when I jumped in, (as I started when you all arrived after the simulated attack at the start) was do a bit of back fill and made myself as unobtrusive as possible then continued in a more normal manner with everyone else.

I'm in a rush to get going for my second job so if the above didn't make sense let me know :)

Yeah, maybe say something quick on why your character was absent or off screen, like running behind, forgot something, or had an NPC partner who was knocked unconscious. Then just jump back in.

Well, bit of exciting news for me, I am headin' to the great city of Milwauke today (friday) and will probably be unavailable until sunday evening. So Arch-Striker, sorry for skippin' out on combat. If you wanna proceed the storyline while I am gone feel free to NPC Kuriko. (<---to Kai or Yagen).

What should I do with my character? Have her return to the training grounds for vehicle training or have her realize she woke up floating in a hemosynthetic tank in a medical facility?

Yagen said:
After giving the recruits that lasted a break, those who were injured rejoined the group and followed the instructors down to a group of vehicles.

Yeah, they rejoined the group. The time from her reacting to the tank is already over.

Hey Wolf just out of mindless curiosity. Is your PC driving the UK way (right driver's side seat, left side of the road) or the US way (left driver's side seat, right side of the road)?

Master, the heal time you list is unrealistic. That's about how long Maya's injuries would last outside the tank. In the tank, maybe 10 minutes tops. Also, they don't HAVE to be naked in the tanks.

kai said:
Master, the heal time you list is unrealistic. That's about how long Maya's injuries would last outside the tank. In the tank, maybe 10 minutes tops. Also, they don't HAVE to be naked in the tanks.

Alright I edited it with an ambiguous time frame. I didn't find a wiki article on it so how was I suppose to know how it worked? It sounds a lot like Star War's bacta tank.

To help in the plot audit and to update the Fort Ready wiki page, please enter your character's name under the recruit section (except for Kai, who puts his instructor character in the other spot) on this page.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... fort_ready

Just do what I did for Kazuma, except link to your character's page and also link to your user page. Make sure your characters are in the character: namespace and that your name is under the user: namespace.

If you see anything useful to add to the wiki or can improve the page, go ahead and do so. Also, if anyone has any ability or wants to take a crack at it, we don't have a banner for the Fort. Maybe just a banner that says "Fort Ready" and has a... fort? You can probably do better then my suggestion anyway XD

master9147 said:
Hey Wolf just out of mindless curiosity. Is your PC driving the UK way (right driver's side seat, left side of the road) or the US way (left driver's side seat, right side of the road)?

Oooh hard choice. Since Yamatai has a hard core Japanese..er..ancestry (unsure how that sounds heh) and they are right hand drive like us I presumed it would be right side. I will keep that presumption unless informed otherwise :)

** Just read the link Wes put up for the Type30.....left hand drive it is **

I REALLY wanted to put something from a few video games in Hotaru's speech that I was going to have her shout as she raced off....think Halo's Warthog and someone as the gunner with Heavy Metal blasting from the stereo. I managed to hold my fingers back from typing that though....

I might give the Fort Ready banner a go tonight or tomorrow if I have some free time.

Remember the STVs don't have guns attached right now.

Just to keep things interesting, Kazuma challenges all to a race. No rules, just getting to the power armor bay. Only thing to remember I guess is that if you damage the STVs, the heads of the Fort will make you pay. Probably by doing something uselessly hard or complicated, you get the point.

Yeah, also if you kill anyone, that will just end badly due to common sense and the government :mrgreen: . Injury isn't a major concern since hemosynthetics are amazing. Just remember trying to injure someone in a car going that fast could easily kill them. Of course, I don't plan on allowing anyone to die, but if Strelgar throws a sword at another car, or Maya pops a car's tires in a group of trees, etc.

</rant>

Maybe Yagen thinks Maya may be a bit of a 'blonde' :D *ssshhh don't tell my other half I said that*

I keep having a feeling that this impromtu (sp?) race is going to be a Wacky Races job!

In order to complete the plot audit, I

*Moved Paxton's wiki article
*Moved Yumiko's wiki article
*Moved mya's user page
*Created Nazarii's user page
*Moved Strelgar's page
*Created Arch-Striker's user page

If a character was not in the character: namespace, I moved it there and removed the older one. Just a heads up to those concerned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back