Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

Alright, so now each character just needs to pick a team. Try not to get everyone on one team if possible, so then we can have player vs. player, rather than player vs. computer. That may mean have two humans and two NPC's vs. Two humans and two npcs. Whichever combinations work, we'll have to see how many people are still active.

Only one person on your team gets a grenade launcher since we really do not need explosive spamming.

Yagen said:
"There are no fighting forces fighting on Nataria as we speak,"

Unless I'm barking up the wrong tree :roll: wouldn't the above mean there is no fighting going on, on the planet? I haven't responded to the post yet as I'm unsure.

Theres a "loyalty bonus" being offered to anyone who responds to this message. It's sounds obviously like a bribe to me but should I just go ahead and respond anyway or is that restricted from where I currently stand?
Also with this audit thing currently going on, does that mean that Yumiko and Paxton are going to get KIA eventually?

EDIT: I see Wolf wasted no time taking advantage of this.

The way I see it, Hotaru has some knowledge of the politics going on; the UOC etc, but isn't, how can I put it, well developed enough in her understanding of the subtleties. Such as some people will see it as a bribe. She was created to serve the Star Army and is loyal to them. However she is aware that even though they are sentient beings, certain factions/groups may see the Nekovalkyrja as slaves. However her thinking may change once she gets aboard a starship and comes into contact with new ideals and contacts etc. At this stage, she is happy with the YSE and the Star Army in general so would accept the proclamation.

Hope that makes some sense, am in work and quite busy, so adding bits here and there to this post.

I'd have to see what Wes says, but your character isn't technically a Santo Hei yet, so I don't know if your character is able to get it. But seeing as how they are trying to win back those who left the Star Army, they probably want all the help they can get, with bribery or otherwise. So I have no idea in regards to it, you can either PM him or he can see this, whichever comes first.

@Kai: I should be on IRC around 2:30 pm and later today so you can catch me on and we'll decide what to do.

@Players: Since it appears it will be Wolf Ward and master#### vs. Yagen and Kai (our names are easier XD), we will need two NPC's for the Nova Squad (Nice :D). Either you can control another mindless NPC cannon fodder, Kai and I can control one each, or anyone else on the site who is bored/on IRC can be recruited.

I thought all new players who join the Star Army and enter a plotship are Santo Hei's? Presumably they've already passed 'Boot Camp' and go straight onto a starship at that rank? While Fort Ready is more of an advanced training course, most of the classes when passing out gain a rank and a training award. That's the way I see it. If I am wrong I stand corrected. Even though I've read a lot of the site, I may have missed or forgotten parts since I started.

PM'd Wes to clarify the point. Awaiting response.

master9147 said:
Theres a "loyalty bonus" being offered to anyone who responds to this message. It's sounds obviously like a bribe to me but should I just go ahead and respond anyway or is that restricted from where I currently stand?
Also with this audit thing currently going on, does that mean that Yumiko and Paxton are going to get KIA eventually?

EDIT: I see Wolf wasted no time taking advantage of this.
It's not a bribe, it's a "thank you" to the dudes who didn't flake out on me.

I've had a reply off Wes. Fort Ready is a boot camp (my mistake), all recruits are santo hei's. Everyone is eligible and those who respond will gain a rank and gift.

Sorry for any confusion on my part :oops: :roll:

From what it looks like, Kai and I will control a unit each on your team, unless you two want to also control one more each. Would you like that, or just your own?

Yeah, Kaze vs Nova.

Making an annoying hyper neko who doesn't know math. You'll probably kill her off ASAP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back