Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

Master, would IRC or Yahoo messenger work better for you? Right now, Kai and I are on IRC, so if you could find a way on that would work.

Sorry about my absence folks. Had a family emergency and had to head off to Scottish Highlands. Back now and will endeavour to catch up. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sorry about the delay, but it's here. Once we get people on the bus, we can get some relaxation and character interaction going! People should be able to post more if we can get some of that going.

It shouldn't affect me too much but I have testing all week in school and on Saturday I have to take the SAT. Saturday afternoon, don't expect my mind to work right :P.

The gun bit, foreshadowing or no, you decide.

Maya said:
...and yet Maya still couldn't forget how Kazuma tried to feel her up and take advantage of her when she was shot unconscious during the combat training and how much of a smug bastard and pompous asshole that guy really turned out to be.

I thinking she is overreacting to him just a bit.

Kazuma said:
"Well, I never thought we'd get this close so soon Maya. If you wanted me this much, you could have just asked!" He would have tried to give her a hug to catch her off guard, but he couldn't with his arms pinned down. "You may want to move before your squad mates arrive, they may take it the wrong way. Unless that IS the way you meant" he said, cocking his head to the side with an arrogant and confident tone.

^ That wouldn't be feeling her up since one, he was pinned down and two was only going to hug her to catch her off guard. An attempt at psychological warfare, per say.

Kazuma said:
"Seems the tables have turned," Kazuma said camly to Maya. "It was fun, but here we are, both crippled on the ground...Well, I guess I'll follow your lead and sleep for a while."

^ There, he did not try to feel her up while she was unconscious since he followed her lead at falling asleep, which was not where she was but wherever he fell.

We'll I did wrote down that to Maya, Kazuma "TRIED" to act like he was taking advantage of her and you did confirm OOC during the ICQ that he was a womanizer and Maya is a wee bit emotionally sensitive during this time period of her life. If it's absolutely vital to the plot direction your taking then just let me know then I'll change it.

It's not vital, I'm just saying she seems to be taking it a bit too seriously lol. I mean, she was the one who jumped on him ;) Anyway, I was mainly just arguing to make sure my character wasn't falsely accused.

Oh, Chapter 2 of Realms released, in same spot as before!

hehe, good way to meet your new instructor, Master9147 :D . 2 things though:

1. I don't think characters actually have their rank until they graduate from Ft. Ready (in your case you would graduate directly to the rank of Nito-Hei) If I could get some word on that from Wes, Yagen, or Kai that'd be nice (or anyone else who would know).

2. The shuttles weren't taking off yet, no one's boarded them except the pilots (I didn't write that clearly, so that's my bad).

---
I'll let you change your post if you want, though Maya could just have the belief that they may leave without her (you're call).

edit: Maya could also think that she does currently have the rank of Nito-Hei (if I was correct anyway), so if you wanted you could leave it as it was. (I'll have fun with that either way XD ).

That was the idea, :D As for the rank, Wes said new recruits do get there first rank during training also Maya signed up for a loyalty bonus in another post thus getting an increase in rank.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1962

EDIT 2:<Wes> They are Santo Hei
<Wes> Usually they get promoted shortly after graduation

Contrary to even that statement, when Kai's character Kai first arrived on Fort Ready, Rufus told him that he wasn't even a Santo Hei yet and that he'd have to work to it. I was under the impression that they get their first rank at the end of the course. I guess it depends on who's graduating them and if they thought they did good enough to reach Nito Hei.

I'm back. And i thought we named the ship the YSS Takemitsu? oh well. Didyou guys forget how the instructors will be getting aboard the ship, or is there another reason for that? seems being out of the loop for a week is bad for me....

This has sort of been a shift in policy, allowing for trainees to get rank.

Takemitsu sounds nice. We couldn't remember (I say we but mean Yagen) what name had been decided upon. We kinda chose Titanic as a spurr of the moment/give Master a hard time thing. The instructors will be brought aboard the ship via seperate shuttle craft. They'll also have better rooms (of course). So, because I didn't clarify in my previous post (will do in the next one) trainees will be in the pilot bunk room, instructors and other crew are going to be in the actual rooms. Kai, Yagen if you need to smack me down or something (if I do something wrong) don't be afraid to.

5tar says here that there going to have a crossover JP with us Wednesday night. Does that mean all the Ft. Ready players will be required to attend as well?

EDIT: I did not get a PM or any kind of advanced notice if this were the case.

I would assume so Master. I've had a PM from Yagen asking if I'm available at 2200 EST tonight. That's 0300 GMT my time so I could probably make it but unsure how long I would be awake! :roll:

We planned it out last night so there wasn't much warning, but I still should have posted that here, sorry!

I sent a PM to Wolf since his schedule was the most likely to conflict. 10pm EST is when we plan to start.

I will endeavour to stay awake till the early hours for this JP. I apologise in advance if I am unable to make it.

If I am unable to make it, you have permission to auto Hotaru.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back