Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

Ace, Make sure to keep your posts in past-tense. Your characters can speak in present-tense, but try to keep the rest of it Past-tense.

Gabriel, Please make sure you really are reading all the previous posts. You keep mistaking things and incorrectly naming people. both Juni and Hei are ranks, and calling someone "Juni-Hei" is like calling them "lieutennant-Private". Try somethink more along the lines of "Juni-san" or "instructor-Juni" like my NPC said.

You guys should try to interact with one another, this time was supposed to be socialization between the PC's and some of the NPC's, as well as giving me time to acclimate you to Sarp's general RP style.

I Must Stress PLEASE read all the posts in the thread, and Please try to interact with one another. I will try to get posts out to you guys as fast as I can, but I would like to see you interact with one another in more than one liners.

Sorry a bit new at this.

I wasn't aware there were any preset tense rules.

I adjusted the post for tense.

I was actually a bit confused as to if that was the Juni or not. I did read the previous posts before hand, but it wasn't very clear.

The references I used: (Gabriel was referring to this post no?)

Kai said:
The Juni spoke . . . you will have dinner in the mess hall, and then afterward you will head to your bunks to make bunk arrangements and unpack.

Gabriel said:
...After looking around for the person that had told them their schedule...

He was correct on where I was getting my references, and sorry I didn't pick up the thing with the ranks, my head's been in the clouds the last couple of days. And I have been reading previous posts, the comment about the greenhorn or whatever I had responded to by asking what the term had meant. And if I'm supposed to stay to socialize I think I can come up with something.

That's okay. Fort ready is where you make mistakes so we can help you get to better know how SARP works, or to just get to understanding some of Yamatai more. Anyways....

STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!

they're all just walking calmly but the image in my head is hilarious.

Just FYI, Gabriel, Fort Ready is bunked Barracks-style. There is one big room with bunkbeds, and all the recruits sleep in there. You can pick a 'bunkmate' for the same bunkbed as you, but there are no individual rooms.

And yes, It's a Co-Ed Barracks.

Co-Ed Barracks, Lol.

This should be interesting. there a specific age rating we should adhere to?

Also, when you said bunkmate, is it two to the same mattress? or to a top/bottom arrangement?

This should be interesting. there a specific age rating we should adhere to?
Star Army requires plots with adult content to be in hidden forums only accessible to persons 18 or older. Publicly viewable forums like this one are not permitted to contain adult content, but may contain links to sections of roleplay posted in the protected "Hot Tub" forum.

Example:

Kai looked at her intently and began to pull her bikini bottom downward.

<Link to Hot Tub post where they make out>

Kai held her close as together they panted in the sweat-soaked bed of the STV. "That was incredible."

"Might want to choose a better location next time," an angry looking instructor said from the ground below. "Report to the barracks immediately."

"Oh snap," Kai squeaked.

Hey, Devonus, Try using past tense, and perhaps a little spellchecking on your posts, other than that, The post is fine, though I would have preferred him having just been there the whole time. Oh well, it should work out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back