Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

Because it's been over a month since the last in-character post, Fort Ready has been removed from the list of active plots.

Between looking though 1up's 101 free games feuture and watching Sgt. Frog, I have managed to start a little one a character for your plot!

...Not sure when it will be done though, but it's a hope!

Scot, just out of curiosity, where is the RP of your character's arrival? I'm not trying to yell or anything, but your character is just all of the sudden...there. No explanation, she just started talking as if she's been there the entire time.

Just though I'd ask.

It was supposed to be creepy...?

Basically the description would be she just walked up silently and said her line, though it loses impact when you write that. The character supposed to be a little surprised by that very thing as well and ask which she would have replied how she got there, though I threw a little comedy to show she isn't all there.

However, it obviously had no effect.

No, I understand, I was just clarifying because I personally have no imagination and couldn't fully grasp the appearance of a person.

Fiddle, you really can't call nekos gynoids. It would actually be seen as offensive, and is more then a bit hypocritical, since you're as much an android as they are. You're just a different model.

Aendri's right. You really won't find any non-genetically modified species in Yamatai anymore. Not to mention the fact that it's just politically incorrect.

Aendri said:
Fiddle, you really can't call nekos gynoids. It would actually be seen as offensive, and is more then a bit hypocritical, since you're as much an android as they are. You're just a different model.

Gabriel said:
Aendri's right. You really won't find any non-genetically modified species in Yamatai anymore. Not to mention the fact that it's just politically incorrect.

I'm quite aware of this, give Yori's background a look and you'll see why she thinks the way she does. I'm just writing from her POV and she is an opinionated creature, whether her opinions are necessarily correct or not shouldn't change the way she thinks until her POV is changed through experiences, etc. Also, there is a division between what she thinks and what she says, she's sharp enough not to call them Gynoids or really treat them differently, despite her personal feelings/thoughts.

Kinda planned an angle for her character wherein the experiences/challenges of Basic, requiring a group effort to overcome, could help to change her opinions and such. Little bit of inner struggle and character development: Yori + New Outlook Vs. Opinions drilled into her by Daddy, etc.

Erm, if it's a problem, though, I could edit things if you like. I hope I havn't done anything wrong here...

Well, I'm just saying that if she's so heavily prejudiced against nekos, she wouldn't be here. The Yamataian body is, if I remember right, the NH-25 model, where as most nekos are NH-28. And since the transfer to the Yamataian body was voluntary unless you were in the military, I honestly can't see her willingly transferring into the body that she so hates. Because in reality, the only real difference is in capabilities and serial numbers when you get down to it, so it wouldn't make sense for her to join a military which would require her to become 'one of them', and be surrounded almost entirely by bio-androids.

Furthermore, Geshrin is actually an NH-1 model.

Though typically the sentiment of Yamatains vs Nekos is that the Neko (war machines) are the inherent power when the civilians (Yamatai) are losing power and may even be forced to become a type a Neko. Similar Nekos kind of differ on yamatains since they are civs not warriors.

Actually just skimming the background, it's interesting that you have a flushed out one, considering Yamatai is considered a Utopia by its own people (which gives me a hard time lol). Also weird is that it seemed like the suddenly decided to use Neko's when they were pretty much used in military even when geshin were around. Though I am not absolutely certain.

Therefore it may be appropriate if she assumes that she has more humanity than a neko does. Though to call one a slave out loud might get her into mind reconditioning.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back