Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

I apologize. Using (()) when I post for my ooc in Forum rps is what I am used to. This is new to me so it will take a bit of getting used to.

So when I refer to a high ranking officer
can I also refer to them by just rank as well or is that too informal?

You can address them by rank, though neither me or Ramiro are really high enough it's a big deal. But it is common enough to address officers by their title alone.

Alright, just to keep the plot rolling at some point I'll probably just do a time jump, since there's little point in RPing the use in every weapon.

For the new guys: if you ever have questions about weapons or tech that your character should know about you can always use the wiki for reference. Just make sure your posts stick to only what your character should know.

Hello there. I just got my character approved and Aendri already gave me roders. I am looking forward to RP with you guys.

Alright, I'll give you that one, but for future reference, you leave it up to the GMs on whether or not you hit. When it involves stuff like that, you phrase things like "so-and-so tried to kick him in the face".

Aendri said:
Alright, I'll give you that one, but for future reference, you leave it up to the GMs on whether or not you hit. When it involves stuff like that, you phrase things like "so-and-so tried to kick him in the face".

I guess that was aimed at me. I understand, I'll make sure not to do it again in the future.

I was about to add that in. If you look at this we're roleplaying that all the characters have finished phase I and are currently in phase II

and way to help you girly out aendri ;)

I was going to help everyone out equally, as a way to offset Andres, but then she just kinda got the lucky rolls of doom. just used the DnD dice simulator that comes up when you type dice rolls into google.

Aendri said:
Humans, you've passed basic, therefore you've fired every weapon required. This is advanced training, not basic.
Okay...? I thought this was an introductory level place so I assumed I could learn about the weapons and equipment with my character.

Don't worry, you will, but it's not your character's first time. Think of it as extra practice from the IC perspective. Your character knows more then you do at this point.

Gabriel said:
I was about to add that in. If you look at this we're roleplaying that all the characters have finished phase I and are currently in phase II

and way to help you girly out aendri ;)
wait...so we're just now learning like basic combat and such? Or was that all our previous training?

Think of it like basic classes versus advanced classes. You've got everything simple down, now you're here so we can elaborate on it, expand your knowledge, and get you a bit more practiced. By the time you get to Fort Ready, you could go straight to a ship without ever coming here. This is like the specialized MOS training in the military.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back