• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Fort Ready Discussion Thread

And just for your reference, since you're all new to Yamatai (that I know of), here's the Daisy and the version of the Mindy you'll be using. I linked my Sarah in the post.

Daisy in space! More difficult! More fun. Also sorryt I am heavily agaisnt Mindys since they are somewhat overpower. Or at least they seems to mee that way. Als Daisy has shields on one hand. : )

Mindys aren't necessarily overpowered. If you have one Mindy vs 1 Daisy then the Mindy would definitely win, but the Daisys have very good armor, shields, and are good against large groups. Mindy's can't take nearly as much damage as a Daisy. Basically, a Daisy is a tank, a Mindy is a TD (Tank Destroyer), if you know anything about WWII then you understand my analogy.

I think I know enough. And come on.... mindy has a fugging lightsaber that can cut through ships. Not to talk about other guns : ) Oh and if those Daisies are equipped are eqipped with Heavy Fusion Thruster Pack then even space simulation shouldn't be such problem for them.

By the way equipment our PA's have is one we choose? Sorry if missed that being said in plot.

The Daisies do not have the thruster pack, they're standard version, not Spacey. And the Mindys aren't carrying aether sabre-rifles, they're carrying LASRs or the Plasma Rifle, as are the Daisies. Which one is up to you individually. The Mindys are equipped with the balanced set, which does include the teleport pack. Daisies are the standard package, nothing from the Spacy or Stealth set-ups.

Remember, part of what we're doing is testing you, so very few of you just did well on the decision process. You chose armors which weren't very well suited to the simulation.

Okay, now that we've started combat, I'm stealing Fian's thing, and turning on Combat mode. That means you essentially are only posting ten seconds of action per post, and everything you do that influences others has to be phrased as "try to". So, things like running and that are fine, but you only try to shoot someone. You can try and get more then ten seconds in per post, but understand that's up to my interpretation. Extra might be ignored, if I decide it doesn't work. On top of that, you get one post per round, which means you need to be careful.

Due to a lot of things that have come up I have no time or motivation to post as often as liked. So I am pulling out. I am sorry for doing this at this point but I feel that I would be holding people back other wise.

Thank you for the time I was here.

Gah. Sorry. Looks like my last post didn't actually go up. Andres, what do you want to do with your character with Lucia gone? I can control her long enough for you guys to get out there, if you want, or we can come up with something else to get you there otherwise.

I see, I don't know how I missed the post of Lucia. I'm sorry but could you please control Saito until she gets Keiko in range?

Aendri. Your simulation, Your girlfriend, your job.

If you need help just let me know

and guys, hurry up and post your combat posts so aendri can throw out his combat post for the enemies.

No thank you for the time. Too vad we couldn't get to know each other better. Anyway it was a blast and if your motivation (and some free time) comes back I would be delighted to see you back. Good luck!

Thanks, Andres.

And I'm fine, Gabe. Just needed to know what he wanted to do, so I didn't completely screw him. XD I'll post for you guys right now.

Yoshiro, I'm going to need you to edit your last post pretty massively. You're nowhere near being close enough to fly right by the Rippers. You're still at long enough range that your weapons are minimally effective. The most you can hope for in distance this round is to come within effective firing range.

Sorry about that. That was my fault all because I got in a rush to get into action. I get a bit exicted when I do roleplays like this and jump the gun. I apologize wholeheartedly and hope that I haven't disrupted anything.

EDIT: I reworked the post to say that I am manuvering into combat rather than firing at the Mishuu. I hope that is okay.

Shields, yes, not entirely though. Just has some scraped armor other than the shields being completely dead at the moment.

I just have a question. I am a bit confused as to the situation with the Rippers. Have their shields taken damage enough that they would be recharging or something?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…