• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Forums? Let me tell you about forums.

Arachne

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
They're a cool place to be productive and entertained while both practicing writing and theorycrafting.

Anyhow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you call yourself?
Ara! Or Arachne, or Ar, or Auburn, or Aub, or Au. Mumble something along these lines and I'll respond.

What interested you in joining?
I've been looking for a high-lit community to do some work with for a while, considering my last group has disbanded fairly suddenly. I found this site's TVTropes page, and remembered seeing it way back in 2010. I didn't join then because I was intimidated by the size, and the size sure has bloated, but now I find the amount of things to go through intriguing instead of intimidating.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Since 2012, actually. PbP, chatRP, tabletop, VRP, LARP that one time. The record is long and spotted.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
[A long, mournful stare off into the distance.]

Nah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for some facts about this specific loser nerd:
  • I tend to play more female than male characters, with androgynous characters sprouting up fairly frequently.
  • I enjoy both the thrill of creating something as I go, and the satisfaction of planning a longer-term session with planned arcs. Both the journey and the destination are equally appealing. I enjoy taking DMs from people who wanna workshop interesting story ideas!
  • Most of my characters are in some way, shape or form military. However, I tend to lean towards the less combat-oriented roles, like technicians or the like. I find roleplay combat to be fairly difficult to do well, and prefer doing stuff like that with a system. I like characters on the wrong side of the law as well, and criminal enterprises and organizations appeal to me distinctly.
  • Humans are my life, but Androids are my dream. Playing an android character is fantastic fun, and I like the cold, calculated proceedings of someone who also pretends to show emotion.
  • I'm fine on both a planet and out in the vastness of space. I'm fairly well versed with the innards of how life on a spaceship would work, and I enjoy detailing the goings on of planet life.
  • I can do forum, chat, dm, tabletop, voice, you name it! I prefer to do forum posts considering my busy schedule,
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3, I have a bit of a mouth on me. Oh, unless we mean literacy? Still 3, I tend to do paragraphs.
  • Violence: 1-3 based on mood, I'm capable and experienced with everything.
  • Sexuality: 1-3 based on mood, I'm capable and experienced with everything.
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
A few loose character ideas I have going in are

1.) The wistful military guy who holds a strong patriotism in his heart, yet yearns for all the things he left at home. I haven't done a father/daughter or older sibling role in a hot minute, I want to try portraying the mixture of emotions again.

2.) I'd love to be a mech pilot. Not the bigger ones that fly through space shooting lasers, but something more literally down-to-earth. A mech the size of a truck cab, with some form of AI, sounds like a divine dream to get to roleplay in. Yes, yes, Titanfall, I know.

3.) Space romance is adorable.

4.) Space casual living is adorable.

5.) Being a part of grander schemes is fun and grandiose, but I enjoy the domestic and day to day a lot. Talking about fictional media, going for walks in strange environments, sharing a unique drink with a strange creature. The galaxy is vast and full of wonder, but I would love doing something where I can wonder at the small things instead of the large.

sees discord light theme
hisses

welcome to the site though Ara! I think if someone isn't a little daunted by the size of this place initially then something is wrong somewhere XD

but it sounds like you'll fit in pretty easily here, since we're doing nicknames everyone seems to call me clubbo for some reason... and it's good to meet you, i can offer you a couple of little plots to join here and there but i'll let all the others get their intros and advertising done first ^^

Hey it's me again, your friendly neighborhood discord friend.

I was Rorik Istavan on discord, but here I reveal my true self.

I'm Jack Pine, FM and a GM here for my faction Section 6. An organization that was create in the lawless faction called the USO out in western space. We do R&D, military, fleet, and civilian stuff.

I would certainly be willing to work one of those character ideas with. And Section 6 can always use another player for the new growing faction. We have androids, as well as quite a few other races. We can always use New mechs as well, if you're interested. And I'm not picky on what role your character plays, there is always something for them to do.

That being said, no matter where your character(s) end up, there is always some place on the site they'll fit right in. I would also suggest the Crew 32 plot as a good one which recently began. It's GMed by @club24.

>.> since when did other people advertise my plots for me lol

Jack is a pretty cool dude and S6 is very diverse, I can vouch for that, and they actually do some work with my group here and there, reminds me we need to get some rp between the two now that they have both moved away.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back