• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Section 6 Fox at Dusk [Diplomacy]

Jack ignored the message from Adrian after a quick glance, having already sent a summons to the daur. He gestured for the ladies to enter first out of politeness, "Ladies first. Nyx here is one of my adoptive daughters. She's what's called a gynoid, a human like person of synthetic creation. My wife's handy work in fact. Our Council hall may not be grand, but I like to at least think it's elegant." Once the other two had boarded, then he would himself, the course to the hall already set in it's on board GPS in case they had wanted a operator of theirs to drive. "Forgive the transportation, all our URSAAs are deployed currently out into the field, or on the defense line outside the city."

Nyx had hoped to reassure her that there would be no one who invaded her space as she had mentioned. She heard the Daur’s words about how she hoped she was right. She heard her talk a bit of the past about how foreign traders had nearly lost their lives. When they visited without respecting their customs. She appreciated her words when she said that they did not wish to force their ways upon others.

But then her next action surprised her, she began sniffing the air. She soon realized Hati had done that before, and Hati has a heightened sense of smell, did this woman before her have the same sense? it appeared she did and the Daur asked about Nyx. She hesitated to tell her since she wasn’t sure what to say, but her father had her back and he had spoken for her.

“Indeed, it is just as my father has said. “ She said to her, thinking that should be it, though she was willing to answer some questions. She stepped into the Vehicle first and moved to the far side across from the entrance. She made sure her folded wings didn’t get caught. “I have chosen to participate because I wanted to observe the proceedings, and I also hope to learn about your people, Miss,” she told her, once she has entered. “Only so much as you’re willing to tell, of course, I do not wish to know anything classified. “ She said to her.

Royal Team

The Navy veterans stiffened as Kiatra got in with the gynoid without them but they knew that the royal envoy could make her own decisions, one member of the security force climbed in behind her while the others piled into the back, and the final member climbed into the drivers seat. While Vaughn at his operators may not worry about drivers the opportunity for the Royal representative to be driven by her own security was a valuable one.

"Ah I see, that would explain the very different smell." The daur's tail swished slightly as she got comfortable before wrapping around her waist, "We will be more than willing to share our ways, provided the conference goes well and we can find common ground between our nations." The short ambassador nodded to their driver who waited until they were all aboard before setting off towards the GPS coordinates.

"Should be there in a few minutes." The Laibe driving spoke back to her.

Kiatra faced Jack as her ears twitched, "Lord Pine, I also noticed another in ceremonial garb with an extra pair of limbs, along with others who's scent is different. Are there representatives of other nations here as well, I was informed I would only be talking to the Lord of the New Dusk Enclave, am I pronouncing it right? Apologies if not, my Trade isn't yet properly defined."

Talih sighed as she had recieved the message. Pushing herself up finally, the Daur slapped the towel across her shoulder. Rolling her shoulder slightly. So, she had to take a shower, get dressed into the military suit and be at the disclosed location within fifteen minutes? That was just great.

***​
Punctual as ever, the snow-haired vixen was where she was told to go. Prim and proper in the NDC's dress suit. Hands folded behind her back as crystalline blue eyes had a vacant look to them. Examining the city, though staring off in the distance as well. She was told Neshaten officials would meet her here. The throb she felt in her throat telltale to how nervous she was. As her mind wandered, several loose pebbles began to slowly float around her, beginning to orbit around Talih's form.

***​
Affin exhaled a soft breath as the diplomats left. Glancing over at the remaining military operators from Neshaten as they piled in. The Tsumi turned on her feet. She hadn't expected much more than being looked at. It wasn't her meeting, though she still wanted to be present. There were already several Tsumi soldiers in training. It'd lessen the surprise of her kind being seen during the inspection that would ensue.

Grasping at her shoulderplate, she glanced over at Spark and let out a soft snort. Sauntering over, before nodding at her. "Exemplary drills - good soldiers," she complimented in her limited Trade. "only good if commander good," she added with a smile.

Last edited:
Hati remained silent for the majority of his time, really just kind of standing there brooding with a few occasional twitches from his nose as the wolf tested the scent of these short foxes, they were similar... sure, but different enough - it almost interested him a bit as Hati's dark tail slowly traced from side to side, each flick to swap directions revealing the lighter underside as a sigh left his chest.

There was much he could say~ but not a whole lot he should, given this was a political event and the slightest misstep could ripple into a whole lot of disaster down the line, even if he wasn't one of SABER's elite then that should be apparent - so the wolf continued to hold his tongue, hands by his side to avoid fiddling with something that might make the small aliens twitchy.

Truth be told he was an alien among his own siblings, genetically speaking, it might confuse the foreigners' noses but that wasn't really anything Hati could change - again, it was all genetics, a whiff of Pine with a whole lot more crammed in.

"No, that is the representative of our Tsumi populace here. They were recently made refugees from their migrant fleet, and we have taken them in. They've even had a number of their people who've entered training to be inducted into our armed forces. As you've seen, they are a rather strong and resilient people, very proud too. The particular woman you saw, her name is Affin, council member for the Tsumi here." Jack explained as he sent a message off that they were about to leave for the council chamber if she still wanted to ride with them. "Please hold for a moment if you would for Miss Affin. We won't be able to start proceedings properly without her in attendance." he explained briefly to the driver before turning back to the ambassador, "Who is the other person of different scent you are referring to? The man with canine ears?"

Nyx could tell when Kiatra’s navy bodyguards stiffened as Kiatra got in with her without them. She knew she had to be careful with how she acted with her, but he couldn’t help wanting to learn about her, and her people’s ways. She was pleased to hear that they were willing to share their ways providing all goes well.

This pleased her indeed as she sat there, her wings folded close to her body so that she didn’t bother Kiatra or anyone else really. She remained silent for most of the time, though she turned her head to listen as Kiatra asked about The Tsumi that lived with them. She regretted she hadn’t spoken to any of them, to get to know them, but sadly her duties and some other things meant she didn’t get a chance, she knew she would have to correct this.

She had to admit the woman’s sense of smell surprised her to be able to pick up the scent like that. ‘It is possible that you have picked up another refugee now citizens. I understand that out in the galaxy, there is a race called Kuvexians, who is causing problems, many worlds have sent their citizens out to safety in hopes that their race could survive. Of course, many of their citizens end up here, in the New Dusk conclave, where they are given the things they need. As my father has said many of the Tsumi have joined our armed forces, but that also includes the others as well.”

Royal Team

"Ah I see, so they are a fleeing civilisation then and some of them have arrived in your nation here, this makes sense." Kiatra replied, nodding her head slightly, causing her large fuzzy ears to flop around slightly while the driver put the vehicle back into park as they waited, only having just started moving off when Jack spoke. "Yes yes! The other one who also possessed features like us, though they were quite different and I'm not sure what you mean by. canine?" The Daur said, trying to pronounce the word, it wasn't something that translated into tincen as they didn't have anything like dogs or the canine genus within their territory, or it remained undiscovered. She looked over at Nyx as the Gynoid spoke and nodded along, "I do believe there is hints of even more diverse peoples here though not as strong as those two. Thank you for the insight."

Adrian eyes lit of hope as she saw Vaughn's slight smile. *Ehehehhe i know i could turn things to the right way* she innerly chuckled, already hearing the praises of the Lord for her incredible diplomatic work. She was the type of person that loved to be flattered for her achievements. Undoubtly this was just the start and there was no time for relax, but that first outcome made her more motivated and concentrated on the subject rather than being overwhelmed by futile worries.

"Well then, Vaughn. Let's not take more precious time, we have an inspection ahead." She then moved towards the vehicle with a determined gaze and a bright smile, followed by the Division 5 operators and their director. As they walked she glanced towards the high ranking shukaren "Would you like to share the same transport? Otherwise I'll be at the head of the convoy" Adrian asked warmly.

Inspection Team

"I'll ride with you, you can explain things as we go and If there are any particular buildings I find an interest in then we will pull over and my operators will sweep the building. Is this acceptable?" The director asked as he moved to climb into the lead vehicle, his operators split into groups and moved to the other couple of transports behind. "Fist off, if its not to great a detour I'd like to see your other military facilities first, if you're schedule is able to accommodate that."

"So tell me about this place, these people, why did you all end up near us." The Director asked as he waited for them to start rolling.

Affin glanced over at the vehicle again. Apparently, they waited. And apparently, she was still part of the assembly. While feeling a tidbit of annoyance at herself, she also felt proud. It wasn't every day a diplomatic meeting is held up due to her. And apparently, they respected her enough to halt the proceedings. Respect she and her kinsmen, rarely recieved. On account of being escaped slaves, lowborn Tsumi or rebels. And now, they were not only refugees, but fugitives.

It seemed Saweya supported their cause, the hope caused the otherwise stoic Tsumi woman to let a small smile creep on her face as she jogged over. Loosening the straps of her sheathed greatsword, before pulling it from her back. Piling into the transport, making sure to lower her head. They hadn't been here for long. Most infrastructure didn't account for a Tsumi's larger-than-average size yet.

"My apologies," she uttered. "Ywach bless proceedings," she added with a surprisingly kind smile.

Once Affin was in the vehicle, they were ready to go. Jack gave her a respectful nod before turning back to Kiatra. "A canine is what we call dogs and wolves. They are similar in a few of their features, such as the ears as you have noticed. I actually have a daughter who is half of such species, genetically speaking. She comes from similar origins as my brother you were curious about before. Most likely you'll see her at the council chamber as she acts as assistant to me and the other lord."

Nyx quietly templed her fingers as Affin had gotten in, and she heard her words, she didn’t know of the appropriate response to her words so she said nothing before she picked up her dad’s words, her ears turning to take it all in as he had done so. It seemed that their guest might not have words for canines as her people had. She untempled her fingers as she touched her own ears. She knew these were modeled after a canine species that they had encountered once before.

She placed her hands back to where they were before.

Royal Team

"Ah I see! This land is full of surprises and new things, though I believe we have encountered similar life forms in our territory as well though we don't have these dogs and wolves you mentioned." kiatra said slowly, trying to make sure she didn't mispronounce the names of these creatures she hadn't heard of before, her little face scrunched up for a moment as she tried to wrap her tongue around new words in a second language to boot. Now that all the people were present and accounted for the driver began to pull away once more.

"Out of interest, how many others are going to be at the conference when we arrive, I may have to rework some of my notes to account for these other species. I also couldn't help but overhear earlier that there was mention of another of our people in your territory, I thank you for offering them refuge away from the Kingdom." The fuzzy tailed Daur said happily as she inspected their transport further, head swiveling around as she inspected its interesting design compared to their own. The Kingdom had long since transitioned entirely to hovercraft with few exceptions for specialty vehicles now and then. Kiatra noticed the, gynoid, touching their own ears and stared at them for a moment her red ears flicking slightly.

"Several, with a few that even have the more Fox like qualities. Majority of them hail from Yamatai, with the exception of such as the daur living among us. Her wife is among those on the council, a elysian woman named Seraphina Cerulius. In total, there are 25 council members, one for each branch of the government." Jack explained as the vehicle pulled up to the front of a dome topped building, the Hound parking as the GPS announced the arrival at their destination. The ramp began to lower as rose to lead the way, "The council hall is the central rotundra like chamber in this building, the dome being the top of it."

The Lord lead the procession into the building, striding through a marble and wood paneled lobby space. Passing through a set of heavy double doors and past security at their posts who saluted them as they went on their way.

It was much more spacious and sported a dome shape to the room. It reached another story above the three that made up the majority of the building itself. The top of the dome acted like a false skylight, showing the sky above, but little icons representing ships in orbit that entered it's radial range of view.

Holographic windows rotated around its edge, displaying various government related information. The council itself sat in chairs arranged around a long U shaped table. Ornate in its decorative carved exterior and polished, metal emblems for the department of each member's department was attached on the front.

25 sat around the great table, the lords sitting at the top, all watching the information displayed by a projection system built into the center of the floor.

Jack gestured to a pair of comfortable leather chairs at a table by itself, that sat before the council for audiences sessions. He pulled a chair out for the ambassador out of courtesy before heading to his own chair at the head of the U shaped great table.

She had to admit it was amazing what evolution could accomplish. Already around the Gynoid were prime examples, Tsumi, Neshaten, Human, canine based humans. Separa’shan, and of course with evolution she knew that her kind, namely Synthetics can exist, this was because evolution gave technology enough to create her kind. She honestly hoped for her mother and father that this works out and that after this they could consider the Neshaten people their allies. She wanted that for her parents.

Soon the vehicle had arrived at the Council hall, and patiently she allowed the others disembark first before she did and moved to join her father’s side as they moved towards the building. Her mechanical eyes took in the sights around her as they went, her ears picked up her father’s words and everyone’s movements, the subtle swish of the individual tails either from their Neshaten guests and of course otherwise.

Now in the main council chambers, she continued to follow her father and found a seat to Jack’s direct right. Though she wasn’t a member of the council, she wanted to be there and observe the meeting and everything. She did make sure her wings weren’t in the way and placed her hands onto the table, in front of her, while interlocking her fingers.

Royal Team

Kiatra moved inside the building, still taking in the differences in design to their own architectural styles, it was quite the change from her home world that was for sure. Seeing the holographic displays the Daur nodded slightly to herself, it was true then that these people were adept with technology as well, this would make things easier so long as there was no tension between their nations, else a tech race may lead to something worse. The fuzzy girl smiled at Jack and thanked him as she moved to stand in front of her chair while the security detail maintained their positions nearby but still out of the way.

"I am Representative Kiatra Ja'Kato speaking on behalf of the current Royal family of the Kingdom of Neshaten. It is a pleasure to meet all of you today and to be given an audience with the leaders of this nation, we as a people hope that our two nations may co-exist in this area of space." The Daur took a seat and waited for any of the others to give introductions or ask questions before she moved on with her speech. Her fluffy tail now draped over her lap as her eyes moved over the assembled council.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back