• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Adoption [Freespacer] Stargazer Alphara Null Null

paladinrpg

Character's Link: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:stargazer_alphara_null_null_00-8909-8888
Former Owner: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?members/skuld.4145/

In the continued interests of saving old characters from the dustbin, I am seeking to adopt this Freespacer from the old LSDF Akahar plot. She appeared in Chapter 2, and actually was NPC'd by @Luca in the final Chapter 3 To Tear Free that I did play in as Aran'ya. While she did make it out alive thanks to the group's efforts (unlike the other 'spacers), I figure this experience would deepen her as a character and open the door to a reboot for a future Freespacer plot run by @Primitive Polygon (Skeleton Ensemble).

The user has been inactive for almost 2 years, so she should be available to be adopted if Skuld isn't around any longer.

The most likely situation Alpha Null Null is in right now is that they are currently in the Nepleslias after having returned to Lor with a clean bill of health.

I'll allow this adoption. Always good to keep a thick continuity.

Thanks for the summon. I've send her a convo, which (according to her settings) she should get a notice for in her email. We'll wait a week for a response.

Huh, guess I still get emails from here. I'll be honest a part of me does think of coming back from time to time, but whenever I've tried I have always found I simply don't have the emotional energy needed to give a character all the love she needs. I do have to admit that I am happy to see that someone out there likes my character enough to want to play her, please treat her well and give her the trials she needs to deserve a happily ever after.

Skuld signing out I guess for the last time,
see you later space cowboy!

(What the crap is wrong with me?! I'm crying over saying goodbye to a site I've barely been on in two years)

Skuld, we'd love to have you back. If not now then sometime in the future? You could make and play short term characters in Open RP if you don't want to get too committed.

I appreciate you responding and I hope you are doing well these days.

*hands tissue*

Edit: Adoption approved via permission from the original creator. Moving thread to the approved forum.

Last edited:
Wow, what a pleasant surprise to see you @Skuld ! Thanks very much for permission to take Alphara under my wing... I'll treat her very well, like all my characters. Who knows, she may yet achieve a very pivotal role in healing the Great Schism one day and recovering other lost Exiles from the black.

Thanks for the offer @Wes , I might take you up on that at some point. It might be soon or it could be longer. How short are those short term characters?

Thanks for the offer @Wes , I might take you up on that at some point. It might be soon or it could be longer. How short are those short term characters?
In Open RP you can basically drift into the and out of them as you please (just let the thread OP know when you exit, so that no one gets stuck waiting on you). So that's up to you. Or make your own thread, even. Also you don't need to get characters approved to use them in Open RP, you can just just think them up and use that. It's basically designed to be as little "red tape" as possible for maximum convenience.

Sorry @paladinrpg, a bit late to the party, but been busy last couple of days.

My input might not mean super much right now, at least not until this plot is in some way actually submitted, but I definitely approve of the idea of reusing this character. The backstory of the plot should be way richer for it.

Thanks Skuld, for understanding!

Hi @paladinrpg

I am thinking about coming back, something that I've been thinking about for five years at this point, and wanted to ask if you are still using Alphara? If you are that's amazing and I want to hear everything that she has gone through so she can get one step closer to that happily ever after. If you aren't and she has been dormant for a while, than perhaps, just maybe I can have her back to let her live once more?

Either way, thank you for your consideration, and all the care you gave her over these last years.

I'll give PaladinRPG a week to reply but that sounds fine to me.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back