• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP Friends and Amends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fay

Walking through the quiet halls of the ever-growing city that the Iroma called Kyopelinvuori, the Aqueniss absorbed the silence surrounding her. The former ambassador found herself in a similar role now even though she was simply an assistant to Raytim, Viceroy of the Azorean Commonwealth. Her experience with extraterrestrial beings had someone proven herself qualified to represent her entire race again, and the honor would never feel like a burden for the middle-aged Azorean woman.

Her race's history with the Gartagen people was perhaps a bit complicated, and Aqueniss had been given the mission to attempt to amend past errors regarding their relationship. There was a Gartegan representative in the city named Redak Dies, so the hopeful Azorean had set out to meet with him. She had sent an official communique early to him requesting to meet him at his convenience. Hopefully, the Gartegan commander wouldn't keep a lady waiting.

She had foregone the typical gray skinsuit that most Azoreans wore for work duties with something more amiable. Her thin, light blue frame was covered with a black mesh dress that was weaved from the highest quality fibers available. The mesh was see-through only around her neck, upper chest, and back; while the rest was thick enough to cover her body modestly. The dress itself had long sleeves and trailed down to just past her ankles. Her hair symbiote was braided delicately and barely touched her shoulder blades.

Aqueniss continued walking down the hall; the sound of her footsteps being drowned out by the torrential downpour outside. It was as if the planet itself detested the existence of the city and yet could not uproot it with nature alone. She pondered on such things for a time before setting them aside to prepare herself for the mission ahead. Raytim had insisted on sending two Holy Warriors to accompany her, but having armed guards would definitely have been a bad first impression. Letting them wander the foreign city instead, the Azorean ambassador would hold this meeting alone and face to face with Redak.

Redak slowly walked up to see the Azorean woman waiting. He had just finished his meeting with the Iroma and Nepleslian Diplomats. However he for a rare moment was rather surprised.

He knew of this woman--one took care to be away for the political sombodies in a world they were visiting, and Redak was always very meticulous when it came to these things. The problem and thing that surprised him, was they did not have an appointment. Secondly the Azoreans and Gartagens have not had official diplomatic relations in years. The Azoreans abruptly ended all their agreements with the Union, and a kind of enmity ensured that soured relations.

Redak slowly picked up his pace and approached "Lady Aqueness." Redak said giving her a Gartagens low bow to show respect to her position. "I am honored though surprised."

Reactions: Fay
Whether it was her own surprise for running into Redak so soon or the intended respect that was offered, but the purple blush creeping across her face was only barely noticeable. Aqueniss had received numerous similarly accidental marriage proposals from polite aliens while ambassador to the United Outer Colonies, but it had been quite a while since the last time. A part of her secretly wondered if this is why most Azorean diplomats were female before brushing the notion aside. Clearing her throat softly, she tried to act professional, as fitting with her station.

"Commander Redak, I greet you with great respect from the Azorean Commonwealth." Her head bowed politely in response to his own gesture. Silver eyes watched the Gartagen representative carefully as her next words carried over to him. "Viceroy Raytim sends personal regards as well as thanks for your part in our defense in the past. My apologies for approaching you so suddenly... but there are dire matters that the Viceroy has entrusted me to bring to your attention. Is... this a bad time?" Assuming that her earlier message had not been received yet, Aqueniss silently kicked herself for not attempting to make direct contact with the him before travelling all of this way.

Redak had been bonded once. So it was very unlikely he'd offer marriage proposals to anybody today. Gartagens when bonded typically did so for life and often didn't remarry once one of the pair had passed on. Redak was an exception in many reguards but not this.

"Tell Viceroy Raytim...we remember him." The old Gartagen said flatly. Raytim was the one who broke their previous treaties and aides in the disintigration of Union Commonwealth relations. Something that had insulted the Union and left them some what salty.

Redak approached. "I wasn't expecting a representative from Azorea. I was merely heading to my ship to prep for atmospheric breach then we were leaving. However for you I can delay our departure." Redak said shifting his hands behind his back, his eyes vanishing into his face.

"What can the Gartagen Inion do for the People of Azorea?"

Two Azorean Holy Warriors travelled on their own through a more crowded section of Kyopelinvuori. The taller male with large patches of gray over his normally blue skin was obviously the elder of the two, but the toned body most Azoreans have did not seem to have aged over the cycles. His green hair symbiote flowed freely down his back, slightly covering a sword of unique craftsmanship. It was basically two crescent moons of metal welded together. The first crescent-shaped blade starting from the hilt and melded into the second; while the second was a perfect crescent shape with sharp points on either end as well as the edge itself. Weidraf practically gawked at all of the aliens, especially the female ones, surrounding them, turning to his younger companion with a hushed whisper in the Azorean tongue, "What do you make of this, Nene?"

The purple haired female next to him sighed in annoyance. She was shorter with an almost curvaceous build almost unknown to the typical Azorean, and the sword on her own back was more similar in style, consisting of a wavy blade that mimicked the tidal eddies of their homeworld. Her emerald eyes glared back at his own inquisitive citrines, wondering why she had to be stuck with this old fart of a lecher. "I think that Lord Retyis would be furious if he caught us neglecting our duty! We should go find Lady Aqueniss right now..." Turning away from Weidraf, she began to head back the way she came.

For his own part, Weidraf was only mesmerized by her swaying hips and tail for a couple seconds this time before he jogged to catch up. "Come now, Nene! Lady Aqueniss herself requested that we explore the city. She didn't want the commander to find offense or feel threatened from our presence. Let's just enjoy ourselves!" The icy look she threw at him like a sharpened dagger almost made him regret not just letting the rash Azorean young be on her way.

--------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Aqueniss felt a pang of guilt at the implied mention of her people's perceived insult toward the Gartagen Union. It had been the Council of Judges that had secretly voted for an isolationist policy regarding intergalactic affairs, but Azorean inner politics was not the subject nor did it excuse their actions.

Nodding at his request, she replied smoothly, "I will... and thank you for your time. The dire news that I bring regards our venerable viceroy, in fact. He is not long for this world and wishes to seek amends for the wrong that the Commonwealth placed upon our Gartagen neighbors." The Azorean ambassador had not used the word 'friends', knowing that position to be beyond their station at this current time.

Reactions: Ira
Redak was not a young man by any means. He was certainly in his twilight years. Yet he retained his strength and grace when he moved. He had put in weight, but remind very vigorous and active as he had ever been. But getting old was unavoidable for his kind. "Time comes for us all." He said understanding the implication of the Viceroy's health.

"My condolences. If there is anything I can do. Personally. Do not hesitate to ask." He added after a brief pause. Redak advanced on the ambassador.

"I jus apologize I do not have an office in this world. I fear in one of the few Gartagens to ever set foot on such a holy world to your people. During ancient times this system was visible I. Our night sky. My people venerated it as the afterlife for a time. We worshipped the sun and celestial bodies. And your system was originally called S'che'bulbeh". The story went that when a Gartagens died their souls would travel via Shara's light to this place to be reborn as New beings and live on another world."

Aqueniss fell into step alongside the Gartagen commander as he approached. She knew that he was busy man, so she didn't want to keep him long. "Your kindness is much appreciated, Commander." Her voice was a little husky after having to admit that the ultimate fate of a man she had served for several years and come to respect deeply.

His mention of the Gartagen religion took her by surprise, and yet also fascinated her. "I never knew that about your people's culture. Our own people believe in an afterlife at our goddess' side, but who knows? Perhaps it is all part of one big cycle... that connects our two people on a deeper level than most recognize." She had hoped that was not too far of a stretch, but her own experience with astronomy was limited as Sudran's turbulent surface and atmosphere very rarely allowed viewing of nearby celestial bodies.

Her musings had derailed the conversation a bit, though. Turning to Redak, Aqueniss decided on cutting to the chase. "If you would be so kind as to grant a dying man's last wish, I would ask that you extend our sincere apologies to the Gartagen Union for our unintentional insult as well as another chance to prove ourselves worthy of your time." Again, she had not used the word friendship as it would indeed take time and energy to rebuild what was now lost between the two nations.

"Perhaps it is. Perhaps we are trying to make sense of our existence. Our culture is mostly skewed. Outsiders see the military of the Gartagen people most of the time. But I feel the result is others judging a person by their hands, rather than the whole body."

Redial remained stoic as the alien woman voiced her request "We appreciate the apology. The question I have next to that. Is how do we make it better?"

Nodding in agreement to his logic, the ambassador. "I believe a wise praised son of Veminas once said something similar in our first encounter with them." Her reference to first contact with Yamatai and subsequently with the rest of their galactic neighbors.

However, Aqueness had to ponder his question for a moment before answering. "The Viceroy was unspecific in the matters of regaining Gartagen trust, but I would imagine that opening diplomatic channels again would be a good start. Perhaps we could negotiate a new peace treaty to include a trade agreement. Both would be a boon for our two people, at the very least."

Although stepping out of her rehearsed role a little, she felt like Viceroy Raytim would have said the same thing. Her silver eyes remained in contact with Redak's own while he digested her response.

Redak tilted his head. "We don't need trade at the moment."

He said calmly. "What we need is for Azorea to increase its military. We need the ability to set up a military outpost to defend this system. I my self once led the defense of your world when the NMX attacked. We'd have lost were it not for the Iromakuanhe being in the system. The Nmx Came to this system for a reason. AZorea is strategically important. If AZorea falls then an enemy invasion could easily use it as a springboard to hit every major system in this sector. "

"Azorea can not fall. And my Iromakuanue friends have stated they are not prepaired for a war."

"As it stands right now, your world is defenseless to a coordinated military invasion. Even with a fleet to defend you'd be hard pressed to hold back the threat of the Kuvexians."

Last edited:
Nosves recently reached the city, she was tasked to talk to the ambassadors of nations that have yet to pledge any forces to the UIFA Fleet. So far she has not spoken to anyone, but on her list included an Azorean representative, the Iroma head of the city among others. She wore a very revealing black dress, with no shoes, instead with her toenails being painted black. Nosves was roaming the city- wanting to talk to Redak Dies before he left the planet. It didn't take long, as Gartagens did not have a high presence within the city.

Once she finally found the commander, who was talking to the Azorean ambassador, she listened a moment. Once Redak finished talking she walked over to the ambassador and smiled. "Who says we don't need trade? We could always use more resources to build those ships, build those supplies to defend this wondrous world. It never hurts." She said simply, looking over at the commander, with a slight smiling on her face. Nosves always tried to be cheerful and happy on first impressions, hoping it would help become friendlier with the ambassadors or peoples she is talking to.

Redak paused at the sudden interruption. "I did." He said growing irritated. "Coming War make trade dangerous. Worlds easily found.

Although a little disappointed at his blatant refusal for the trade agreement, the defense pact again was another surprise for her. However, it did make sense if the Union considered the Azorea System to be of such vital importance. His mention of the Children of Talica sent a shiver up her spine as well. Her knowledge on exact details for that battle was murky at best, but if the legends were true, her people's fate would have been worse than simple death if they had not been protected. Nightmares of the UOC's fall still plagued her to this day, and a secret fear that her timely escape had brought the NMX to her world was etched into the back of her mind forever.

Fortunately, her brief hesitation was masked by the entrance of another Gartagen. This one was female and wearing a dress that obviously put Aqueniss' modest one to shame. She seemed friendly enough, however, and the Azorean ambassador bowed her azure head towards the new arrival. "Welcome, sheltered daughter of Veminas. I do not think that I've had the pleasure of your acquaintance. I am Aqueniss, assistant to Viceroy Raytim and at his request, ambassador to the Gartagen people."

Not meaning to be rude to either of them, Aqueniss also answered Redak's warning, "The Azorean Commonwealth recognizes that we are vulnerable. Plans have been set forth into motion that intend to mitigate that fault, but there is pushback domestically. Many of our leaders believe that sticking out preverbal heads in the ocean floor will hide us from the galaxy... Viceroy Raytim disagrees and has been building support for a restructured Azorean military." She didn't know the exact details, though and hoped that Redak would be content enough with that.

"Don't get your tail in a bunch, Redak." She said, noticing his anger. "Trade is always dangerous, and more materials means we can build more defenses quicker, which will help us defend this world when the Kuvexians attack." The ambassador said, stopping when the Azorean started to speak. "It is wonderful to meet you Aqueniss, I am Nosves, one of the many ambassadors of the Union, currently stationed at Ether." She said, waiting a moment before speaking again. "Azorea is in more danger than either of you realize." She added finally, becoming more serious.

"Apologies. Trade is always on the table. We merely have more important matters at hand to discuss."

Redak bowed to the Ambassador. "I'd rather defend Azorea then beforced to liberate it. I would also much prefer to negotiate a trade treaty then one around defense. However the times are not in our favor."

Ready perked up at the mention of Danger. "Has there been another development?" Resale inquired.

The Tel Juarum did excellent work. But they had a flaw in how they did not distribute heir intel openly or evenly. Which often left military commanders out of the loop.

Last edited:
Aqueniss smiled as the two aliens went back and forth. Their two peoples were not that different after all. Clearing her throat, she acknowledged both of their concerns at once. "Trade and Defense are both important, but I do understand that prioritizing these two elements is key."

Her curiosity peaked, the Azorean woman turned to her Gartagen counterpart, "You said that an attack is imminent? From the Koo-vess-ians?" Her translator did not quite pick up the alien word nor did she recognize it as a nation known to the Commonwealth.

Nosves looked around to make sure no civilians were around, as she did not want to start a panic, then she looked at Aqueniss. "Roughly a few weeks ago our long range communications intercepted a Kuvexian war plan, it detailed an invasion of many sector planets, and Azorea was one of the first listed." She said, not waiting before speaking again. "But several interstellar empires have dedicated forces into a united fleet to combat this fleet, so I am sure everything will work out- but we need defenses ready in case." She added, looking at the female ambassador, trying not to frighten her to much.

She hated breaking this news to her, but surely their joint-fleet could stop the invasion fleet, right?

Today was full of surprises, it seemed. Aqueniss took a moment to absorb the situation in full. Her tail swayed back and forth as the implications raced through her mind. The Viceroy and Redak were correct then, and the Commonwealth direly needed to continue to modernize and bolster its military might. Initial fear gave way to determination, and her silver eyes were alight with passion when she finally spoke.

"Then we will do what we must to prepare. Unfortunately, we do not have any ships ready to spare for your united fleet, but if war comes to Sudran, the Commonwealth will answer the call. We will fight with swords in our hands and steel in our hearts, if that is what the goddess wishes."

"Understandable. Plus I'd caution against sparing ships anyway. That being said ignore you desire to post observers in the fleet it may help Azorea know what they are up against. We can send intel all day long to you, but perhaps it is best for Azorea to see these Kuvexians with their own eyes."

"Personally I am concearned we don't have a full grasp of their capabilities. The only information we have is guess work and previous encounters. "

Her head bobbed up and down slightly as Aqueniss acknowledged his recommendation. "That sounds like a wise venture. I will relay the idea to Viceroy Raytim and the rest of the Judges. If this enemy is as powerful as you believe, then preparing our defenses would be a prudent course of action." Continuing to ponder the information given to her, she pulled out a crude-looking datapad from a hidden pocket of her own dress to mark down some notes for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back