• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

READ ME Future of Nepleslia - POLL

Who Will Succeed Koenig808 as Faction Manager of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After waiting for days for responses to plot proposals and FM approvals, I went to see if Kampfer was still actually active. Looking at his post history, I found Kampfer only posted on the forum:
  • 2 times this month before I PMed him.
  • 1 time in the entire month of August
  • 3 times in July
  • 2 times in June
  • 3 times in May

It's about quality, not quantity.

What's wrong with kampfer? He's amazing. This is the first bad I've heard. Feels a bit exaggerated at the least.

Not every body is eucharis warp speed in their pacing, Wes.

Taking our time is a big part of the sites appeal. The irc is a huge part of the site and 70% of the irc is channels belonging to groups of players or sarp free not #stararmy/pg13 botsville

Last edited:
Well said @OsakanOne, unfortunately Wes went out of his way to make it apparent that #StarArmy is no longer the official chat...

Which really is fine, now we can direct newbies to the cooler side of SARP >D

Also, Kampfer isn't stepping down, he made this clear, this entire thing is about naming his successor so if something happens to him there is a -clear- successor.

PS: Don't you even begin to look at my faction with those hungry eyes, don't, you, freaking, look.
Come on man, don't be that way. I'd manage dat tight little faction pus.
as15.postimg.org_5vyidwl2j_1442223286695.gif
1441479814464.gif
Also, @Born-On-Board is really shy and said he actually meant to vote Lamb on Skype but he messed up and put other because I guess he thought he could pick both.

Edit: Oh, sweet. Thanks Aendri. I didn't notice myself. Now I can guilt trip him and tell him it's not too late.

Last edited:
I feel that Kampfer should remain FM based off of player and GM satisfaction, not post count. I voted for Lamb succeeding should it be necessary, knowing that he is well familiar with Nepleslia, is easy to get hold of, and because he gets along with others very well.

Since there seems to be some confusion: Guys, Kampfer has already said he's not going anywhere so this poll is for the Co-FM position.

I personally vote for CadetNewb. In the time I've been in contact with him, he seems very friendly, very active, and very organized. I think that CadetNewb will be able to take Nepleslia in new, enjoyable directions.

Also, just noticed this:
Let me just squash this conspiracy theory immediately. First, Zack is currently being treated as a "new player" due to being gone for so long. He's currently not eligible for any staff position including tech mod or faction manager. Certainly not FM of Nepleslia. His only active character right now is in Yamatai. Nobody has even suggested him for FM of Nepleslia. So don't try to bring that type of BS into a thread where Kampfer is making a mature and noble gesture for the good of his faction. Kampfer being asked to think about a replacement FM for Nepleslia has literally nothing to do with Zack's return, and everything to do with Kampfer's post history over the last few months.

Let me break it down for people what happened:

After waiting for days for responses to plot proposals and FM approvals, I went to see if Kampfer was still actually active. Looking at his post history, I found Kampfer only posted on the forum:
  • 2 times this month before I PMed him.
  • 1 time in the entire month of August
  • 3 times in July
  • 2 times in June
  • 3 times in May
So at the time I talked to Kampfer, he'd not posted more than 3 times in any of the last 5 months. Furthermore, several posts were one-word approvals and the last RP was in June (reply to a news post) or July (posting in an RP thread). In August he barely scraped by getting automatically removed via SARP's abandonment policies.

In light of this extremely low activity, last week I sent him a PM that asked if maybe we should consider putting someone more active in charge. In response, Kampfer, thinking of the best interests of the Nepleslian faction, has bravely stepped up on his own to start the search for a replacement.
What would one do to apply to become a tech mod? I've wondered on and off for years.

It's usually a matter of being active in NSTE threads and being useful, combined with a need for additional reviewers. There's no official process for it at this point. I think a member should be around for at least 6 months and demonstrate a general knowledge of the setting before becoming a tech approver.

As of early this morning, the poll closed with Lamb emerging as the people's favored co-FM of Nepleslia. I've added him to the faction managers' group.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back