• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Galactic Airbike Racing Circuit

Kai

Retired Staff
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=airbike_racing:galactic_airbike_racing_circuit
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Outlaws (Independent)
  5. Neshaten
  6. None (nebulas, etc.)
  7. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
FFormerly known as the Nepleslian Airbike Racing Circuit, I changed it to Galactic so that it could have a wider usage base and more potential appearances in Roleplay; there's been numerous references to Airbike Racing in Canon, and I had tried to implement these years ago, but never got around to finishing the pages until now.

I made a new namespace? Not sure if it was 100% necessary but now anything to do with Airbike Racing has a namespace to go in. I'll probably make a splash page for all of the Airbike Racing stuff once this is all approved, unless I need one prior to that. Also, anyone who wants to, feel free to add a racing circuit to the list of airbike courses, there's only three right now.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM approved for Yamatai.

There's an international: namespace.

I can move everything to be under that namespace. Would I keep airbike racing as a sub namespace in that case?

Just waiting on the remaining faction managers involved to weigh in, then I will review this.

Dunno if I count as involved buy Kai asked me to say something via discord so

For the time being: FM Denied, only because the nesh have no contact with anyone other than Nepleslia right now, and that contact is very very limited

*plus the nesh already have the best hoverbikes*

I think we're just waiting on Elysia's FMs?

Elysia, and while I didn't tag them, I've been told the Iroma FM should probably weigh in as well.

I'm cool with the Iroma doing this on a world outside of their homesystem. I could totally see Eyr Ranr going for it.

FM Approved for teh birbses!

Also, I saw a lot of mentioning of the NARC still, which I'm assuming you intend to replace with GARC?

Hi Kai, A Few things to go over:

1. There are still many references to the NARC, they should be changed to the GARC like everything else.
  2. Price per point is still in DA only on this page: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:airbike_racing:airbike_points Since this is now multifactional probably best to put KS and other currencies in that are used in the factions involved.
  3. https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:airbike_racing:rider_card It would be nice to see the species linked in along with their codes. Any opportunity to integrate the article into the wiki is a good opportunity.
  4. There are a lot of words in the articles, as mentioned in 3, that could be linked in. For example see the screenshot below (there are more)
1583362987182.png
5. It would be nice to see some kind of OOC section, about how a player could potentially become involved in this. Who the OOC contact is, what the process is from that standpoint.

I know these articles are just the starting point. Just a couple things to look at.

Thanks.

Thank you for the input! I'll get onto working as much of that as I can. I may be a little busy this week but I'll be getting to it as soon as possible. These articles were originally written almost a decade ago, so I'm surprised there's so little wrong with them.

Thanks again!

Oh one other thing, I see the Lorath mentioned so @SageShooter should be giving an FM nod as well.

Alright, I have gone through and linked everything I could find that needed to be linked, as well as scrubbed as many leftover references to NARC I could find, changing them to GARC. I changed all the price points I could find to KS since that's a more universal denomination than DA. Rearranged, updated, and linkified the species list on the rider cards.

Not sure what to do about an OOC section, but I do sort of like the idea. realistically I'd like to get at least one person from each major faction to be a contact point for GARC in their respective factions/territories/what have you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back