• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Galactic Horizon] Ember Fusion Core

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not asking that this be reviewed immediately, because I know stuff can get busy this time of year, but rather I'm just posting to bump it up a bit and ask if anybody wants to claim this to eventually review?

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. Would you convert the tables currently present in the article into unordered bulleted lists, please?
  2. @club24, the Faction Manager of the Kingdom of Neshaten, needs to post his approval of the submission in this thread.
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

<Yeah, lil green thing under my name that no one seems to notice.

But do the tables need to be removed? The article has been like this since conception and the energy cores have been linked to more than a few previous articles without anyone mentioning them needing to be removed - now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there needs to be some ludicrous amount of tables but I see no harm in them remaining where they are for this article?

I just want to say my piece as a community member;

Frost has a check box to tick off, but he can’t do that in good faith right now because part of the article is in contradiction with the style guide, which has a note about how you’re not supposed to replace parts of existing templates with tables.

I think that’s why this has been such a big deal lately. In this instance, the tables are done really well. They aren’t ugly or hard to read, but they do conflict with the style guide

Also, there’s a bit in the OOC notes about it being approved which is a little confusing. Just something that might be a carry-over from another article.

They need to be removed, @SirSkully, because, well, they’re not doing anything that an unordered bulleted list can’t. If the tables had more “complexity” to them (for lack of a better term; essentially, if they had multiple information types such as the tables found on the SAoY ranking page), then they could stay, but as it stands bo-eh, fuggit, @Alex Hart explained it better then me. (Thanks, but y u ninja me fam?!?1??!1!)

Also, Alex, the approval info is there because this submission is essentially just an add-on to the pre-existing Energy Core article.

I wasn't aware there was a template for power sources

But no I get what you mean, it should be good to go now.

From memory, when i made the first one im pretty sure I didn't use the template because it didn't have many points in it i was actually wanting to use and ended up just making up a random article, which would be why it had a table cause i thought it looked nicer

I personally think it looked nicer with the tables too, they help break up all the text a bit but whatever.

Huh, i never looked at that template before, given the original power core was made for ammunition that was the one i went for

It doesn't, @Alex Hart.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back