• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Galactic Horizon] Gauss Rod Rifle + Ammunition (Staballoy Rods)

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Submission Type: Weapon + Ammunition
Template Used: None

Links:

Weapon: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:galactic_horizon:gh-w5-3h_gauss_rod_rifle

Ammunition: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:galactic_horizon:ammunition:staballoy_rods

Faction: Galactic Horizon
FM Approved Yet?: No, @club24
Faction requires art?: No? although I may be looking at getting some later

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, Ammunition
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: Anti-Armour Gauss Chain Gun meant to be used by personnel in power armour.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is nice, i give it three gold stars

Its a shame we can’t reuse the minigun art coloured version but all in good time i rekon,

The way you inputted those links the system interpreted it all as one link, so it sends you to a completely empty page.

Looks like the link is broken because you tried to shove two URLs in the URL field.

What actually powers the electronic functions of this gun? Is it a battery? Some sort of capacitor? Perhaps a teeny tiny reactor? Also, those are some huge rounds, a foot long is kind of ludicrous and unwieldy, even for a powered suit. The weight of the rifle is also extremely lightweight compared to contemporary weapons that fulfill the same purpose, with most weight between 60 and 80 lbs while this only weighs 11.

Also, that price seems very low. 300KS for what's supposed to be a PA-scale Gauss rifle is ridiculously cheap, even just adding a 0 would make it one of, if not the cheapest Gauss rifles on the market. At 300KS, it's cheaper than many handguns and rifles of the Personnel scale.

There's some formatting errors in the replaceable parts and components section- I don't know if those are supposed to be headers or just bold, but that section is unclear.

Aside from that, it seems to be pretty alright.

I'd like to see either the rounds shrunk, or the damage increased and the weight with it to represent how much the rounds would weigh. I think the price is, in the end, a company's prerogative, but in-universe I think such a low cost would create a situation in which Galactic Horizon has to move mass amounts of products very quickly and this is obviously a bad thing in-universe.

I think personally, that price should be increased a bit, maybe up to something like say, 1000ks.

Upped price, upped damage, fixed some formatting, included power source.

Honestly, tier 7 is as high as I would go even for power armor handheld weapons, but these rounds are too big even for that. I'd suggest making them tier 6 and an inch thick and 2.5 inches long, or tier 7 at an inch thick and 6 inches long. Also metric would be nice.

Could I get metric measurements for how large the rounds are since you did the weapon stuff in metric? I feel like that sort of thing should be consistent.

Alright finally getting to my review, now that I've some free time.

This review is for: The Gauss Rod Rifle and the Staballoy Rods

The submitted article is/has…
[Check ] A very high level of overall quality
[Check ] A general topic sentence under the title header
[Check ] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)\\
[Check ] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[Check ] In the proper format/template
[Check ] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[Check ] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[Check ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[Check ] No red and/or broken links
[Check ] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[Check ] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[Check ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[Check ] Obtusely redundant
[Check ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[Check ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[Check ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[Check ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[Check ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[Check ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[Check ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[Check ] Lacking Detail
[Check ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[N/a ] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[Check ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[Check ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[Check ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back