• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Galactic Horizon] Prototype Aerial Navigation Suit

SirSkully

🦊 FM of Neshaten
🦾 FM of Nepleslia
🎖️ Game Master
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:prototype_aerial_navigation_suit
Submission Faction(s)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
So this is just a prototype kind of thingy that is only to be used by my character Donvan Black (Who works at Galactic Horizon) - it is a one of a kind suit that is going to have a production model submitted at a later point.

Tagging @club24 so he can confirm he is cool with this

Tagging @Zack and @Jack Pine because even though it is not a product I'm guessing I still need them to sign off on it?

Thanks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ❌ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. The PANS is, in my opinion, a Tier 3 (Heavy Personnel) unit, not a Tier 4 (Light Armor) unit like the Mindy or the Orbital Reentry Carapace, as it just doesn’t seem...heavy enough (or protective enough) as a suit of power armor - thus would you change the Suit and Components and Conformal Barrier Shield fields to “DRv3 Tier 3, Heavy Personnel”, please?
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Okay I lowered the "Suit and Components" down to a Tier 3 but I believe the shield should stay at a 4.

My reasoning? Galactic Horizon already sells the Armoured Racing Suit which has a Tier 4 conformal barrier shield and it's being used as a major component in this suit (which has a much beefier power supply than the ARS did, so... it doesn't make sense to take a step backwards in that regard IMO)

With this area of DRv3 it gets fuzzy, and I think it all depends upon how the article is worded. I think something about this is the fact that it's not quite as bulky and/or armored as most things in tier 4, and it's not really intended for direct combat like most things in tier 4 are.

Which Is why I had no problem lowering the armour to tier 3, but the shield was tier 4 on the ARS (a tier 3 suit)

I might need to re-word it but the backpack is kind of bulky, has two big old power cores, a thruster, oxygen systems, electronics, a parachute and other junk in it.

well if a conformal barrier doesnt work, you can always just attach a bubble blower which is an approved tier 4 standalone shield

The problem I think that frost has is that currently there are no rules for uptiering shields. I'm not sure how I'd personally handle this because on one hand there's precedent for it from the suit that this is based on (even though that really shouldn't have a tier 4 shield if I'm honest, because that's wayyyy more powerful than a racing suit would need) there's also a rule about not using previous submissions as justification for something.

So this is something of a conundrum for everyone on the NTSE end as far as I can tell.

Fair enough, @SirSkully, though the original shouldn't have been approved with a mismatched armor and barrier tier. >.>

Regardless, however, we're all human, we all make mistakes from time to time, and I'm not going to hold you accountable for someone else's oversight - thus without further ado...

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Reviewer's Note: This approval may not be used to justify the approval of future submissions with up-tiered barriers; in fact, the trend of approving units with up-tiered barriers should, in my opinion, end here.

Okay my bad - I forgot about that rule for a bit (I guess most my submissions slip through without any issues), but thanks for the approval.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

Edit: No probs~ ovob

RPG-D RPGfix
Back