• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Senate: Misc Gashmere Conflict

Dana

RP Date
YE 45.1
RP Location
Gashmere
Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Himiko I of Yamatai and the Honorable Senate of Yamatai,

We write to you with the utmost concern. The 7th Fleet of the Star Army of Yamatai has taken up orbit around the planet. We petitioned you directly for assistance with the ongoing conflict on Gashmere. We are grateful for what has been given, however, the actions of Admiral Fletcher constitute a Military Coup. The Treaty With Gashmere clearly states;

1. The General Assembly of Gashmere will now be recognized as a self-ruling state under the Yamatai Star Empire. This does not require any change in government or leadership. All citizens of Gashmere will be recognized as citizens of the Yamatai Star Empire with the rights and freedoms thereof.

Admiral Fletchers actions in attempting to disband the General Assembly of Gash are completely contradictory to this.

2. The Yamatai Star Empire and General Assembly of Gashmere agree to maintain friendly, honest, and peaceful relations and communications with one another. The Yamatai Star Empire and General Assembly agree to make at least one diplomatic communication with each other per month.

Admiral Fletchers clear threat, and inaction that allowed an asteriod to impact the surface of the planet cannot be classified as friendly or peaceful. To the contrary it is clearly a threat against the citizens of Gashmere, and by default also citizen of Yamatai Empire. Had the same events taken place in orbit around Yamatai, it is clear that no damage would have been allowed. Baseless accusations have also been leveled against the Anti-Xenoist Party, all unfounded and with out merit. This also is not friendly, honest, or peaceful.

3. The Yamatai Star Empire and General Assembly of Gashmere agree not to commit malicious acts against one another or employ others to commit malicious acts against one another.

Again, the attempt amounting to what constitutes a military coup is not only malicious, but completely contrary to the spirit and intent of The General Assembly and The Yamataian Empire. We have attempted to do everything we can to quiet the unrest here, recent events have taken not only the lives of Chairman Koda, but also many of the senior leaders of both major political parties. Given that there is no benefit to killing our own citizens, destroying our own infrastructure, or risking and extinction level event via Asteroid, we cannot fathom how Admiral Fletcher considers any specific political party to be the antagonist in this scenario.

4. Both the Yamatai Star Empire and General Assembly of Gashmere will recognize all ranks and titles bestowed on a person by the Yamatai Star Empire, its member states, or The General Assembly of Gashmere.
Admiral Fletcher clearly has disregarded and refused to recognize the authority of the General Assembly by seeking to unilaterally dissolve it and install himself as a military governor by his own authority.

Due to all of the above, the General Assembly of Gashmere hereby makes the following requests.

1. All components of the Star Army of Yamatai, with the exception of those participating in Task Force Piglet or stationed at Fort Nozomi before YE 45, be withdrawn from Gashmere.

2. An inquiry be conducted by a neutral third party into the response of 7th Fleet and Admiral Fletcher.

Further more, the General Assembly of Gashmere is formally requesting neutral observer parties from the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, The Kingdom of Neshaten, and The New Dusk Conclave be dispatched to Gashmere in order to document and witness any further actions, committed by any party, organization, group, or representative; that would constitute a Treaty Violation, War Crime, Crime against Sentient Beings, or other malicious action or inaction.

Signed,
The Unanimous Remaining Members of the Gashmere General Assembly

Last edited:
To: Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Himiko I of Yamatai and the Honorable Senate of Yamatai

"Friendly, Honest, Peaceful Relations ... not to commit malicious acts against one another"

[A time stamped video of the YSS Battle of Binary Stars interposing it's self between Gashmere and a large asteroid. Stopping it, but getting destroyed in the process.]

Signed,
William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet

To: Her Imperial Majesty, Empress Himiko I of Yamatai and the Honorable Senate of Yamatai, William Fletcher I, Taisho, Seventh Fleet

From what I have read and been given access to, an Izagi class dreadnought should have been able to handle an impact that size even with shields mostly down. This kind of destruction indicates severe damage to the primary supporting megastructures of the vessel. Structurally speaking, even older Yamatai-originating ships like SDC Himiko are some of the most resilient hulls in the Shuristan fleet, as they have a strong core structure. With your permission, I would like to send this video and any publicly available schematics of the structures to Shuristan shipbuilders with more expertise in the matter.

However, the crew of the Battle of Binary Stars should be lauded as the heroes they are. Preventing that impact saved many lives.

Signed,
Shretas Natus, Librarian, Shuristan Councils, Senator

To: The Gashmere General Assembly
From: Office of the Honorable Maeda Yusuke, Senator of Tami

As the representative of the Tami System and its people, I extend my deepest condolences to the Yamataian citizens of Gashmere on behalf of Tami. All Kodians will remain in the hopeful thoughts of every person living on Tami.

Beyond that, the Senate of Yamatai has no business concerning itself with Star Army affairs or operations. I wish you the best fortune in finding a peaceful resolution to your conflict and healing the destruction it has wrought upon the Kodian people.

In Service,
Maeda Yusuke, Senator of Tami

To: The Gashmere General Assembly
From: Office of the Honorable Anslen Volontany, Senator of Essia

We will offer prayers for your dead to Nagashun, may their reincarnation bring the peace they couldn't find in this life. This is a great tragedy that has befallen you and the efforts to make everyone equal under our laws. Not just Gashmere, but the whole of Yamatai mourns with you today.

Unfortunately, the Senate is constitutionally prohibited from interfering with the Star Army of Yamatai. It would require an amendment to the constitution that many of my honorable fellow Senators would oppose to change that. However, Essia is able to send a contingent of observers to record what is happening. Governors are given very wide latitude to enact a system of government. However, as Governor (and not as Taisho) he is constrained by Yamatai's federal law.

Your Humble Servant,
Anslen Volontany

To: Gashmere General Assembly, Taisho Ketsurui Yui, Taisho William Fletcher I

1. Whereas the Yamatai Star Empire has agreed in a treaty to allow the Gashmere system to administer its own government affairs, the Star Army of Yamatai will refrain from taking command of the civilian government of Gashmere or ordering their government to disband.

2. Whereas the treaty also states that the Star Army will aid in the event of a major attack, and whereas the Star Army Base of Fort Nozomi has been directly attacked, the Star Army will not withdraw from the Gashmere system, until it has found and eliminated the perpetrators of these attacks in accordance with Decree 21. The Gashmere General Assembly must not interfere with the operations of the Star Army of Yamatai. While this constitutes a denial of your second request, we will request that the Star Army uses the minimum amount of necessary presence to conduct their operations.

3. Whereas the Gashmere General Assembly has required an inquiry into the events of the attack on Gashmere and Taisho Fletcher's response, we will grant this request.

4. Whereas neutral parties are requested as observers, we will grant this request, with the specific quantities and nature of observers being subject to the approval of the Star Army of Yamatai.

5. The General Assembly of Gashmere must meet with Imperial Premier Hanako to create an updated treaty that better defines the relationship between our peoples.

6. The Star Army of Yamatai is ordered to immediately begin humanitarian assistance operations on Gashmere.

Signed,

Empress Himiko

There is a very distinct absence of the Fujiko Senator on this matter.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back