• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Implemented Get Yamatai Off Its Diplomatic Ass

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This suggestion is kind of a "to do list" item for myself and my fellow FMs.

For far too long, Yamatai has been focused so much on the Star Army and warfare that it's done a really bad job of interacting with the other factions of the Kikyo Sector which has caused Yamatai to be viewed with distrust and apathy.
  • Our premier has been AFK for years (posted a news article on this recently)
  • Lack of diplomatic RPs with Neshaten, Nepleslia, NDC, Lorath, and others (we have talked with the HSC recently at the IRC which was good)
  • Need to show our love for internal factions: Elysian birbs, Phods, Separa'shan Sneks, Xiulurian Elves, Hellish Demons, Norfrostian Trolls
  • Solicit indie worlds to jump on the Yamtrain because they actually want to (don't coerce)
After we all spilled blood together to tell the Kuvexians to get lost (and seeing the difficulties in doing that) is the perfect time for improved relations.

What I suggest is:
  • Find a way to get an active premier installed ASAP since the Premier is responsible for diplomacy
  • Actively hire played diplomats and send them to faction leaders and listen to their concerns and be awesome to them
  • Be a better friend to the other factions of SARP, not a scary monster of a faction
  • Make sure that from now on we're regularly reaching out on a consistent basis to our allies even if it means spreadsheets scheduling or something
  • Have an IRC every year instead of biannually, have it in other places besides just Yamatai, and have other diplomacy outside of the IRC
  • Hanako must check it isn't a problem first before any future sleeping with Lorath royalty ;)
  • Play Himiko more often

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll note that I do have a Ambassador PC that is available for use, Ranga Havard. I have done a couple of diplomatic RPs with the NDC, but not much. I think that a Royal Visit to somewhere not Yamatai would be pretty awesome. Either aboard the YSS Imperturbable, or another ship might be awesome.

I state it once, twice as many times as I can <3 I totally support the idea of adding the civilian/political/diplomatic flair to SARP :D I actually think that Matsuda Erina would most likely retire to work for the Diplomatic corp, poor girl has seen to many wars already.

I'd love to join in with my character Arvillael Castor! Ever since the IRC thread I've been having a lot of fun with her being an ambassador/diplomat for nations, and I was asking about diplomatic RP opportunities the other day. She's from Elysia, not Yamatai, but due to their relationship they are somewhat associated anyways. I think it would be fun to join in!

Now that the Kuvexian war is over, @Gunhand4171 and I probably have some time to do proxy diplomacy for our characters’ parents (kids of Yui and the Nepleslian premier), since we’ve talked about it for years and set it up IC. It’d finally be an opportunity for the sites two primary factions to realistically come closer together with characters who aren’t at each other’s throats. He isn’t Nep FM anymore, though, and I’m just a GM so we’d need IC marching orders as to what our two factions want out of each other. But real diplomats get guidelines for negotiation so it shouldn’t be too difficult ;)

Unfortunate that the last premier election turned out like it did. Sachiko was supposed to run unopposed and had an active player who stuck around and was an active diplomat :( Funny how elections go like that.

NDC is always open for relations, and I'm sure meeting the last lord's replacement will be on whoever's diplo to-do list. Plenty of possible reasons too from economic, to plain old public international relation policies or something.

Sadly don't have a yam character setup for diplomatic stuff, as that does sound fun. I look forward to see how all this gets implemented though.

To be honest, once i get the Mining Guild's newest ship up and submitted, i'd love to have a IRC set inside there. Its kind of a goal of mine too in fact. But i dont exactly have a diplomat character.

So I just got back after a break for mental health reasons but I'm wondering... who will be representing the independent systems in this RP so as that things are not biased?
  • Solicit indie worlds to jump on the Yamtrain because they actually want to (don't coerce)
And wouldn't this just mean Yamatai snapping back up all of the systems that came off of the Yamataian map a year or so ago, and run counter the fairly wide desire to have space for independent RP?

Im still a fan of indie worlds and systems remaining without any factions flags on them, tbh. But i wont go beyond that here since we've had that discussion quite a lot and that's not really relevant to this topic beyond that one line of text.

Back on topic tho! Despite being FM i don't have a lot of personally owned and paged factional NPCs beyond my National Commisioner for nepleslia to use for Diplomatic RP. And he's more of a domestic RP tool as he's catered towards taking down the corrupt inside of Nep and not so much worrying about crime elsewhere in the sector outside of Nepleslias's borders.

So unless Hanako wants to come back to nep and get into some kangaroo court RP about that whole hiring mercs to kill cops and starting a civil war thing. That last i checked wasn't really public knowledge...

And the way i have my Daimon in headcanon he pretty much owes the modern NPF to the results of the civil war and 2nd mishu war and would be more likely to side with hanako and even try to use the whole situation to take down some high-ranking senator. So im stuck with my 4th Fleet admiral whose track record with yamatai was being kicked out of the glimmergold meeting by Yui so he's not held in the best regard.

It doesnt mean im against interaction with yamatai, just that i don't have many cards to bring to that table right now and until i did or had some good ideas what interaction we have is that neat RP idea between Yui/Galens brood on the kaiyo~

But im open to suggestions if anyone has any Nep-X-Yamatai Fanfiction Diplomacy stuff in the future they want to do and to throw me a line as i do want to keep Nepleslia and Yamatai above neutral towards each other.

that neat RP idea between Yui/Galens brood on the kaiyo~
After I posted here, I found that it was a little more than an "idea" and happened upon wikified information via backlink exploration. When Ame's character was going around doing a ton actual diplomatic RP in preparation for becoming premier, she met with Gaelan (and basically every other faction) in a JP. During that Nepleslian JP, this was said:
"I myself can live to that standard," Sachiko said. "To be open to the possibilties is a good sentiment, Sky Marshall."

He nodded. "Good, I would hope so." Gaelan thought for a moment, then spoke once again. "I will divulge something to you that not many know, so I hope I can count on your discretion on the matter?" He asked, to which Sachiko addressed him with a small smile and nod that he could.

"I have a son... His name is William, and he currently lives in Yamatai." Gaelan informed her. "And he currently is aboard a Yamataian ship. I won't get into why that is, but due to extinuating circumstances, he grew up in Yamatai. I am hoping that somehow, he might be part of our solution to this issue."

Sachiko stayed silent a long moment while looking evenly at Gaelan with an expression that was open and that spoke of a willingness to hear more of what he had to say.

He returned her stare, then spoke. "He is a guard to a Ketsuri princess, he informed me as much. Supposedly, they are quite good friends. Maybe... those two can help our two nations bridge the gap."
So I guess we had something planned solidly and it fell by the wayside. The Nepleslian half was already in-the-know IC and the idea, in fact, came from Gaelan. But there were those extenuating circumstances after the last Premier election, and then Gunhand and I were off fighting the war in RP until basically right now, plus he stopped being FM (though he does still play Gaelan Sanders, obvs). We'll never get to see what could have been had the timeline proceeded uninterrupted and times change, of course. But we're still good-to-go and have all the pieces in place to create a productive future for Yamatai and Nepleslia.

After I posted here, I found that it was a little more than an "idea" and happened upon wikified information via backlink exploration. When Ame's character was going around doing a ton actual diplomatic RP in preparation for becoming premier, she met with Gaelan (and basically every other faction) in a JP. During that Nepleslian JP, this was said:

So I guess we had something planned solidly and it fell by the wayside. The Nepleslian half was already in-the-know IC and the idea, in fact, came from Gaelan. But there were those extenuating circumstances after the last Premier election, and then Gunhand and I were off fighting the war in RP until basically right now, plus he stopped being FM (though he does still play Gaelan Sanders, obvs). We'll never get to see what could have been had the timeline proceeded uninterrupted and times change, of course. But we're still good-to-go and have all the pieces in place to create a productive future for Yamatai and Nepleslia.
I was there for a good part of this discussion when it went down. I was under the impression this was a Nepleslian based this. I even believe it was one of the Nep FMs who requested this rp to happen to have some inter faction fun. When did it all change? I was looking forward to seeing the neps and nesh have a diplomatic meeting with the Yamatai's leaders.

I was there for a good part of this discussion when it went down. I was under the impression this was a Nepleslian based this. I even believe it was one of the Nep FMs who requested this rp to happen to have some inter faction fun. When did it all change? I was looking forward to seeing the neps and nesh have a diplomatic meeting with the Yamatai's leaders.
@The KrimsonWulf and @RaWolfe am I remembering correctly? I believe Ra wolf was going to discuss with Skully about the Nesh being part of it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back