• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Year-End Festival 🎁 Gift Fest of YE 44 🎁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
YE 44.9
RP Location
Kikyo Sector
Across the Kikyo Sector, people found themselves presented with a random Star Army of Yamatai soldier walking up to them and handing them a red envelope and leaving without a word. There was a message from the Empress of Yamatai written inside.

The card read, "Seasons greetings from the Empress of Yamatai! Whether or not you are a citizen of Yamatai, it is our hope to have a good relationship with you and to spread positivity in the universe. This holiday season we are hoping to bestow some kind of gift upon you that will help you enjoy the year-end holiday. Please let us know what type of gift you need, and we will do our best to provide something of use and beauty from Yamatai." There was a link where people could reply via SYNC. On the back was a nice picture of the Empress, suitable for display in a small photo frame.

fetch.php

N3 Sergeant Artemis Hartbrook-Pine, YYS Azalea II, 1st Rikugan T&E Battalion

Good day, Empress. While I understand the tradition is for a physical token of the Empire's devotion to her people, I would prefer a simple piece of paper.

This paper would be a letter of exemption for myself, and an intent to remove the logistics punishing regulation that prevents me from being issued Star Army equipment due to my status as an exchange soldier from the New Dusk Conclave's Duskerian Legion. While I understand the historical security issue this poses, I believe that allowing exchange soldiers to use Star Army equipment will ease battlefield integration and allow nations that do not have roles and equipment like Yamatai such as the Mindy Power Armor to develop complimentary systems to improve relations and efficiency of joint operations.

At present, the NDC's latest power armor systems are designed for planetary combat and are not capable of filling a space combat or starship boarding role. This puts me at a significant disadvantage comparative to my peers on the Azalea II. To better serve the alliance between our peoples, I ask for this letter of exemption from an archaic regulation that continues to be a disadvantage for your Empire.

Last edited:
Shosho Kage Yaichiro, YSS Battle Of Ayenee Capital City, NF-X5-16

Life has been rich with opportunity to the point where I have the 'problem' of not knowing what to ask of you. The best I can think of is to request something on behalf of those who may be unable to ask such a thing for themselves. Perhaps the Empress would be inclined to do something for the young children in Tsubomi or in other disadvantaged situations? I would leave to the Empress the decision of what shape or scale such a thing would involve. It could be a gift, donation, event, or something as small as some candy being sent to them to brighten their day. As I would essentially be asking you to turn one gift into thousands regardless of size—and I should really be sending my own donation anyway—I would be willing to assist in materials and/or finance if it led to a more meaningful gift.

Last edited:
A while later, a printed Star Army memorandum was delivered to N3 Sergeant Artemis Hartbrook-Pine aboard the YSS Azalea II.

Meanwhile, the children in Tsubomi, who were already thrilled by the arrival of the red envelopes from the Empress herself, were shocked when they recieved an update that they were now the only ones on Yamatai who each got to ask for two gifts instead of one.

Taisho Ketsurui Motoyoshi Katsuko, YSS Battle Of Ayenee Capital City, NF-X5-16

Your majesty, it is hard for me to ask you for anything while you already give so much. I however request that you give a short speech to inspire and encourage those about to undertake this great mission out of the Kikyo Sector. Our launch date is at the beginning of the new year, it would mean a lot to the colonists to have your blessing as they reach out into the frontiers and the unknown.

Senator Airwin Caeyara, Akina and Tsenlan

Your Highness, you have given a new home and new life to my people. So I have nothing to ask of you except for your long and prosperous rule. It has been an honor to be welcomed into the family of the Yamatai Star Empire. May the new year bring you new victories and continued harmony in the worlds you rule over. The people of Tsenlan and Akina are grateful for you.

Alastair Belmont, YSS Koun

Hello my beloved Empress, the beacon of all light within all of Star Army. As is custom at the end of the year, I have compiled my very long and details list of complaints for the year. As one of your best captains I feel it is my duty to report every small little detail which many would find pointless. However I know your perfect self would understand my efforts and embrace them with open arms.

However, this year I have instead decide to ask for gifts for each of my crew. While I want nothing more than to have a perfect Star Army, I felt this would be a far better way to celebrate your glory. They will see these gifts as kind offerings from the all powerful Empress. Below is list of the requested items.

Saga - Spikey Collar
Aliset - Hat with "Captain Soon" on it
Sacre - A never dull knife
Sayako - Matching shirts with B/F and G/F on them
Akino - Framed picture of Alastair
Mina - A full science lab kit
Haruka - Upgrade of Ram and Storage
Akahana - Electronic kill counter
Aelya - *REDACTED TOP SECRET*

Joto Heisho Setsunu Meiosei, Giretsu, Senior Enlisted Adviser, YSS Wakaba

My Empress, some may say that loyalty and devotion to Yamatai are programmed into Nekos upon their birth and therefore know nothing of true devotion. I can honestly say that is false. After serving Yamatai for over 13 years I know exactly what loyalty and devotion look like. Serving Yamatai, and by extension you, is the greatest honor that I can imagine. Not because of programing, but because I have seen your loyalty and devotion to Yamatai and those that serve her.

As a soldier of Yamatai, I need nothing else than to be allowed to continue to serve. However, I recently lost my cello, a beloved interment that has been with me through many a campaign. I would dearly love a replacement as music is my escape from the horrors' of the battlefield.

Also, if I may be so bold as to request. Thomas Canterbury, my captain, and indeed my dear friend who I have had the honor of serving alongside through much of my service, has recently been promoted to Taisa. He is too proud to ask the Empress anything, but I would ask for him. A pocket watch, to commemorate his promotion to Taisa.

Before the beginning of the new year, Setsunu Meiosei found a beautiful cello placed in her cabin with a red bow tied around it.

Cello for Setsunu Meiosei.png

Meanwhile, Thomas Canterbury got an intricate pocket watch.

Wristwatch for Canterbury.png

Greetings Empress of Yamatai,

I was worried that I had done something wrong when I was approached and handed over the letter, But I was surprised that it was a season greating from you. My friend and Captain have spoken of you in great detail. She is from Yamatai and has spoken about her home planet a lot, and I found out more about it during a Photoshoot.

I am wishing for something that I can wear while working in our frigate ISS Sobek, we recently came to the aid of a group of people, and something big and evil decided to pop in. During the fight, our ship had a misfire, and now I have to fix it up.

Many thanks
Nikicon Swiftfoot

p.s. I am a snowshoe hare and will need a tail hole cut out and have digitigrade legs.

Greetings Empress,

I may no longer be within the Yamatai Star Empire, but each time I spot a Star Army ship I am reminded of my home back on Yamatai. I wish that I could have a uniform befitting a captain on an old military gunship converted into a cargo ship. I have attempted to make my own but it is falling apart as I wear it.

If it is not too much to ask for is there a way that you may be gracious to give a gift to the crew of the ISS Sobek of a duty uniform? If that is too much then I can understand.

Fuji, Lenna
Captain of the ISS Sobek

p.s. the Max crew of our craft is 28, which does include me.

Greeting my Empress,

I have recently joined your Army and have been settling in, on the YSS Azalea II. I do not know what I can wish for, as a lot has been already given to me. I will leave it up to your grace to surprise me with a gift for the end of the year.

Many thanks
Santo Hei Toyoda, Yujin

Chui Aliset Is karo laivo Koun, nee Tokyo es Yamataia, Astronavigator, YSS Koun

Good evening, Empress! I apologize for my lateness in this reply, I was rather indesposed tending to my Captain's injured pride and his rather unorthodox sense of humor, especially towards my condition. That said, I come by written word today to request something for my family, as I have no worldly desires but to earn my way to my community and ancestor's pride.

In stead, I wish to be a good ancestor. In the salvage giveaway this year, I recieved a Helashio in a Box, who I have adopted as a daughter. She is in the care of my girlfriend and Chief Medical Officer, Sacre Sessinia. She also showed an interest in the Senti Trials of Adulthood, a series of rigorous exams meant to determine aptitudes and ability to survive on one's own. Her life before us was not easy, with brutal daily memory wipes and massive augmentation of her thought processes through a Lorath slave collar. I want to offer her, and any others a chance, and I am afraid that I cannot do this alone.

For Marigold Sessinia-Koun, I humbly ask for her to be blessed with a full ride scholarship to a school of her choice and aptitude upon her completion of the Trials. Due to our actions when we found her, she is already rather wealthy, and recieving half of my pay. I would gift her the opportunity to rediscover her own people and culture, rebuild them and bring them to their rightful place among the stars. She is young, but so incredibly strong. I have no doubt she will make me, Sacre, her ancestors, and her descendants so very, very proud one day.

Emperess Himiko I

Greeting your Eminence-I hope this message finds you well. I must admit, I was concerned when I was handed this letter and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a greeting from you. I humbly request, if it is possible to send some of our Yeoman to your people for medical training-we have unfortunately stumbled upon a few holdouts of some of the old horrors of the sector-between this and the previous conflict with the Craethel we have found ourselves woefully short on trained medical personnel. If this is not possible, some medical supplies would go a long way to offset some of the casualties suffered by both our own and any non-combatants we come across.

Sincerely,
Grandmaster Albert Steiner

Chui Vec Wilson - Chief Medical Officer - YSS Resurgence

Good Evening Highness,

There’s not much I ever want so I guess if I had to ask for something I’d ask for a bag of some really nice whole coffee beans, dealer's choice. That or a new hiking backpack. Mine is an Army surplus one that’s on its last leg.

Very Respectfully,
Vec Wilson

Chui Pierre Ruike - NGFP Working Group - 1st Rikugun Test and Evaluation Battalion

Good Morning Highness,

All I want for Spacemas is my two front teeth. Wait, no actually, would it be possible to get two of the comfiest sweaters imaginable, one in my size and one sized for a 170cm Nekovalkyrja. If it has to be on item, then the sweater for the Nekovalkyrja.

Thank you, and wishing you also have a great holiday!

Pierre Ruike
P.S. Oh yeah I’m around 150cm if that helps.

Chui Masumoto Fuyuko - Chief Flight Control Officer - YSS Battle of Ayene Capital City

Seasons Greetings your Highness,

I have an odd request. Even odder to ask the Empress for. I’ve recently begun to develop an interest in home brewing. If it at all would be possible, can I have a 20L fermenting pail and a 20L pot still with digital heating controls?

Full of seasons cheer and hopefully soon to be full of homemade booze,

Air Boss Masumoto “Fu-Chan” Fuyuko

Santo Hei Nasrin Naceri - Pilot - YSS Azalea II

Season’s Greetings!

This is very new for me as an immigrant, but I have to assume that if this is a gift from the Empress herself, I probably shouldn’t just ask for socks. Also, maybe not something wild like my face on the next printing of paper money. Ok, I know. I’d like a bolt of your finest imperial silk. The stuff they make your kimonos out of. Color, pattern, etc . That's all up to you.

Thank you, this is almost as cool as Lewis Pasco Day!

Santo Hei Nasrin Naceri
P.S. Don’t worry, I don’t want to sell the silk.

Pvt. Saga Lindqvest - Exchange Soldier from the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia - YSS Kōun

Happy Year-End Festival Empress of Yamatai,

First, I’d like to thank you for your hospitality. Would asking for a cybernetic eye with a broad spectrum of Can I have a leather jacket with spikes on the shoulders?

Again thank you for your hospitality,

Pvt. Lindquest

P.S. Should I send something in return? If this was LP Day I’d give you a gun. Are you more of a pistols type of woman or a rifles type?

Season’s Greetings!

When I was enlisted, I never could find a good pair of socks. If you could send me a pair, that would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays,
Taisho William Fletcher I

Joto hei Sanda Hoshi, Ranger/Giretsu, YSS Resurgence.

Your Highness, while I would love to be promoted to Heisho, I don't think that is what you had in mind when you said we could request a gift. Normally, being a Nep girl at heart, I'd ask for weapons or cybernetics, but I think for once I'd like something... Pretty. I'd like some jewelry, like a really fancy necklace and earrings. Something... Electrifying.

I will raise a cup of cheer to your good health.

----------------------------------

Estrella Yamamoto, owner of the Thundering Star restaurant on Jiyuu III

Your majesty, seasons greetings to you. While my only wish at this time of year is that my family would all be home to celebrate, such is not always the case when you're family serves. However, I could use a new kitchen range for my restaurant. Business is growing and what I've got now just can't keep up all the business.

Also, my daughter has been wanting one of those new rikgun Teddy bears but they are just so hard to find. And for my newborn son, a Star Army onesie would be adorable.

-------------------
Taii Trowa Yamamoto, XO, YSS Aeon II

My Empress, if you could but teleport me home to be with my family I couldn't ask for anything more than that. But someone must stand watch so that our citizens are able to enjoy the holidays without fear. Although, now that I think about it, a new violin would help pass the time until I am able to return to my family.

Love and joy unto you, your Majesty.

Alastair Belmont, YSS Koun

Hello my beloved Empress, the beacon of all light within all of Star Army. As is custom at the end of the year, I have compiled my very long and details list of complaints for the year. As one of your best captains I feel it is my duty to report every small little detail which many would find pointless. However I know your perfect self would understand my efforts and embrace them with open arms.

However, this year I have instead decide to ask for gifts for each of my crew. While I want nothing more than to have a perfect Star Army, I felt this would be a far better way to celebrate your glory. They will see these gifts as kind offerings from the all powerful Empress. Below is list of the requested items.

Saga - Spikey Collar
Aliset - Hat with "Captain Soon" on it
Sacre - A never dull knife
Aelya - *REDACTED TOP SECRET*
Alastair got a box with the following:

StarArmy_spiked_collar__product_photo_isolated_on_a_black_backg_fdaa9d5e-5d1d-4ceb-bb97-46a22c...png
Spiked Collar

captain soon.png

Ball Cap, "Captain Soon"

(OOC: More to come, I'm just too tired to finish any more tonight).

Shoi Kohosei Savannah Madsen, YSS Mazu, NJ-X1-4224

Dear Empress,

While my mom advised me against for something as frivolous as this, it is a specific gift that I have been eying for some time and it would be the greatest honor to receive it from you, Ketsurui-sama!

New ice skates!

Savannah Madsen got some amazingly high-quality ice skates perfectly sized for her feet.

Ice Skates for Madsen.png
Chui Aliset Is karo laivo Koun, nee Tokyo es Yamataia, Astronavigator, YSS Koun

Good evening, Empress! I apologize for my lateness in this reply, I was rather indisposed tending to my Captain's injured pride and his rather unorthodox sense of humor, especially towards my condition. That said, I come by written word today to request something for my family, as I have no worldly desires but to earn my way to my community and ancestor's pride.

In stead, I wish to be a good ancestor. In the salvage giveaway this year, I received a Helashio in a Box, who I have adopted as a daughter. She is in the care of my girlfriend and Chief Medical Officer, Sacre Sessinia. She also showed an interest in the Senti Trials of Adulthood, a series of rigorous exams meant to determine aptitudes and ability to survive on one's own. Her life before us was not easy, with brutal daily memory wipes and massive augmentation of her thought processes through a Lorath slave collar. I want to offer her, and any others a chance, and I am afraid that I cannot do this alone.

For Marigold Sessinia-Koun, I humbly ask for her to be blessed with a full ride scholarship to a school of her choice and aptitude upon her completion of the Trials. Due to our actions when we found her, she is already rather wealthy, and receiving half of my pay. I would gift her the opportunity to rediscover her own people and culture, rebuild them and bring them to their rightful place among the stars. She is young, but so incredibly strong. I have no doubt she will make me, Sacre, her ancestors, and her descendants so very, very proud one day.
The Empress made arrangements for Marigold to attend any school she wanted and with all expenses covered including meals and housing.
Emperess Himiko I

Greeting your Eminence-I hope this message finds you well. I must admit, I was concerned when I was handed this letter and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a greeting from you. I humbly request, if it is possible to send some of our Yeoman to your people for medical training-we have unfortunately stumbled upon a few holdouts of some of the old horrors of the sector-between this and the previous conflict with the Craethel we have found ourselves woefully short on trained medical personnel. If this is not possible, some medical supplies would go a long way to offset some of the casualties suffered by both our own and any non-combatants we come across.

Sincerely,
Grandmaster Albert Steiner
The Empress arranged for the Star Army to provide medical training to the Iron Company personnel at the Star Army Academy of Military and Medical Sciences and also provided 1000 Emrys medical kits to Steiner.

Scare got a fancy knife made of starship metals including a Zesuaium coated blade.

knife gift for sacre.png

shirt BF.pngshirt GF.png

270 piece science lab kit.png

kill counter.png

Greetings Empress of Yamatai,

I was worried that I had done something wrong when I was approached and handed over the letter, But I was surprised that it was a season greating from you. My friend and Captain have spoken of you in great detail. She is from Yamatai and has spoken about her home planet a lot, and I found out more about it during a Photoshoot.

I am wishing for something that I can wear while working in our frigate ISS Sobek, we recently came to the aid of a group of people, and something big and evil decided to pop in. During the fight, our ship had a misfire, and now I have to fix it up.

Many thanks
Nikicon Swiftfoot

p.s. I am a snowshoe hare and will need a tail hole cut out and have digitigrade legs.

Greetings Empress,

I may no longer be within the Yamatai Star Empire, but each time I spot a Star Army ship I am reminded of my home back on Yamatai. I wish that I could have a uniform befitting a captain on an old military gunship converted into a cargo ship. I have attempted to make my own but it is falling apart as I wear it.

If it is not too much to ask for is there a way that you may be gracious to give a gift to the crew of the ISS Sobek of a duty uniform? If that is too much then I can understand.

Fuji, Lenna
Captain of the ISS Sobek

p.s. the Max crew of our craft is 28, which does include me.

Greeting my Empress,

I have recently joined your Army and have been settling in, on the YSS Azalea II. I do not know what I can wish for, as a lot has been already given to me. I will leave it up to your grace to surprise me with a gift for the end of the year.

Many thanks
Santo Hei Toyoda, Yujin

The ISS Sobek got 50 Duty Uniforms, including one made to fit Nikicon. The uniforms were the colors of the Sobek (blue and white) with a skinsuit bottom layer and a cool looking top jacket that could seal with a round space helmet.

iss sobek skinsuit.pngiss sobek top.png

Toyoda Yujin got the deed to a small farmhouse located in Vela on planet Yamatai.

toyoda yujin's house.png

Chui Vec Wilson - Chief Medical Officer - YSS Resurgence

Good Evening Highness,

There’s not much I ever want so I guess if I had to ask for something I’d ask for a bag of some really nice whole coffee beans, dealer's choice. That or a new hiking backpack. Mine is an Army surplus one that’s on its last leg.

Very Respectfully,
Vec Wilson

Chui Pierre Ruike - NGFP Working Group - 1st Rikugun Test and Evaluation Battalion

Good Morning Highness,

All I want for Spacemas is my two front teeth. Wait, no actually, would it be possible to get two of the comfiest sweaters imaginable, one in my size and one sized for a 170cm Nekovalkyrja. If it has to be on item, then the sweater for the Nekovalkyrja.

Thank you, and wishing you also have a great holiday!

Pierre Ruike
P.S. Oh yeah I’m around 150cm if that helps.

Chui Masumoto Fuyuko - Chief Flight Control Officer - YSS Battle of Ayene Capital City

Seasons Greetings your Highness,

I have an odd request. Even odder to ask the Empress for. I’ve recently begun to develop an interest in home brewing. If it at all would be possible, can I have a 20L fermenting pail and a 20L pot still with digital heating controls?

Full of seasons cheer and hopefully soon to be full of homemade booze,

Air Boss Masumoto “Fu-Chan” Fuyuko

Santo Hei Nasrin Naceri - Pilot - YSS Azalea II

Season’s Greetings!

This is very new for me as an immigrant, but I have to assume that if this is a gift from the Empress herself, I probably shouldn’t just ask for socks. Also, maybe not something wild like my face on the next printing of paper money. Ok, I know. I’d like a bolt of your finest imperial silk. The stuff they make your kimonos out of. Color, pattern, etc . That's all up to you.

Thank you, this is almost as cool as Lewis Pasco Day!

Santo Hei Nasrin Naceri
P.S. Don’t worry, I don’t want to sell the silk.

Pvt. Saga Lindqvest - Exchange Soldier from the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia - YSS Kōun

Happy Year-End Festival Empress of Yamatai,

First, I’d like to thank you for your hospitality. Would asking for a cybernetic eye with a broad spectrum of Can I have a leather jacket with spikes on the shoulders?

Again thank you for your hospitality,

Pvt. Lindquest

P.S. Should I send something in return? If this was LP Day I’d give you a gun. Are you more of a pistols type of woman or a rifles type?

Vec got some super fine roasted coffee.

coffee beans for Vec.png

Pierre Ruike got some really nice sweaters.

sweater red for pierre.pngsweater green for pierre.png

Nasrin Naceri got a bolt of red silk with gold embroidery in it.

silk red.png

Saga Lindqvest got a spiked leather jacket.

leather jacket for Saga.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back