• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Gifted Hearts

Leonardo

Inactive Member
RP Date
02/ 04 / 41 YE
RP Location
Planet Sirris VI - Obsidian City
(This Thread is roleplayed only by the players who own the two characters: Nora and Craig Mulder)

Evening was slowly setting over the Obsidian City, the red star of Sanctum was slowly descending giving red, orange and magenta reflections over the few clouds and the dark and tall buildings of the city. Its people were all concluding their daily routines, coming back home to find their lovers and partners to celebrate the Love Day.

Craig was returning back too from the afternoon linguistic course at Osman University, he was a bit tired. For him making such lessons was a challenge, although he had a large knowledge of yamataigo, he had to refresh his vocabulary too. The mercenary arrived at home and parked in, get a bath and changed clothes under the sounds of an old school electronic music album he always loved that echoed in the apartment. Everything happened calmly as he had enough time before Nora coming.

Last edited:
Nora indeed found the invite to be a pleasant surprise, one that sent a bit of color to her cheeks as Craig stopped her after class with the request. To which she gladly accepted, making plans for the night and looking through her catalog of possible clothes to wear. She had hoped her blush had not shown too brightly after their brief, yet meaningful interaction. The young woman had practically gone home that day with a skip in her step.

Now she was just finishing her ensemble of an outfit, thankful for the day at the mall for allowing her to fill out her closet. A long slate grey blouse, a black pencil skirt, black leggings, and some actual heels on her feet for once. That and her hair up in a ponytail, finished the outfit, making a rather nice dressy outfit that was the right mix of casual and formal. Goddess knew that had proven useless the last time she had actually worn a dress. A fact that brought a quiet giggle from her as she walked across the hall and knocked on the door to Craig's apartment.

Craig was concluding the cleanings of his bedroom as he heard the knockings. In that moment he realized that he took the stuff with too much calm, he deactivated the vacuum cleaner and laid it in a corner, while walking in hurry he grabbed the stereo's remote control and turned it off with a fast click before throwing it in the sofa, then reached the door and open it.

As the the mercenary appeared infront of her followed by a slight smell of roasting beef, Nora would notice at first his slightly worried expression, then his clothings. A red long shirt with black braces going from the shoulders to his black pants which concluded with a pair of black leather shoes. Craig's behaviour changed from worried to mild joy as he saw her more clearly. "Hi, sorry for the delay" He said with a warm tone before making space to let her in.

Last edited:
Nora gave a smile of her own, stepping in, but stopping midway. Turning to Craig for but a moment, the shorter woman raised on her toes as she placed her lips against his. "Thank you for inviting me over tonight.", was all she softly said after the lips had parted from his after a long moment. Only then did she finally step all the way into the apartment, taking in the smells of food, as well as Craig's interesting attire for the night. It was nice, and he looked handsome, she only hoped she looked good to him.

He remained surprised from that random kiss, but the sweetness of such gesture made his heart skipping a beat. The usually impassive man had his cheek changeing to a bit more reddish tonality, he liked her, maybe she was the first after a decade to make him feel those sentiments.

As she entered, he closed the door and moved along with her towards the living room "No need to thanks, you know how much I like your company", he caressed her cheek, then looked towards the kitchen "I am preparing roasted beef with breaded vegetables, hope you like it. Actually this is my greatest concern..." he said with a little tense tone.

Last edited:
"Sounds delicious, haven't been able to grab a home cooked meal most of the week. Between taking care of Mia, and helping around when I can, just haven't had time. It sounds, and smells amazing. I hope I didn't overdress, I wasn't sure what to wear with all the new clothes we bought, but I hope this was okay.", Nora answered as she moved to take a seat on the couch, crossing her legs in a now practiced manner. It was a bit more classy then her usual posture, something recent reading of some books on the matter helped immensely. She gave him a smile as she took in his look once again, "Looking handsome tonight by the by. Oh! I also brought you a gift for the holiday, I've never actually celebrated the holiday itself, so I just got something I thought you might like."

"Oh yeah I've prepared a present too for you" He said before realizing that he was pratically on a crossroad, showing her the present? Or going back to cook?. Ehh, now what i'am supposed to do? Craig remained hesitant for a moment just there standing, his presence getting a slight creepy line.

"Sorry if I look goofy uhm... it's the first time i've invited someone in my apartment to eat. Usually I don't invite people in the first place, but please feel as you are at home while I take a look at the food" He said as he scratched his neck and turned behind to go back to the kitchen.

This entire situation was completely new to him, he felt kinda awkward but he didn't want to ruin it in some way or another, he had to think fast to a remedy of such. As his mind was working, he turned the long and slim breeded vegetables upside down with a slotted turner as they were still frying on the boiling oil. The surface was pratically turned cruspy with a gold colour, he thoght they should had been on point and so he turned off the flame. He then controlled the roasting beef, grabbed a knife and made a small cut on it to see in the inside was cooked.

"You know, even if we didn't had someone important to share with, back in my homeplanet we still used to celebrate the Love Day.... Well it wasn't called in that way but the meaning was the same.." He said as he prepared the table for the dinner, rapidly, spartanly but still well sorted.

Last edited:
"Well I mean, I don't know how you celebrated it on your world, but here.....it's meant to celebrate love between couples, and lovers. And.......it just didn't happen for me before, given Frank hadn't been around long enough for it. So kinda hard to celebrate a holiday for two when I used to only make one, but then again, we have each other now.", Nora commented a bit awkwardly herself, finding that love day had been a meaningless holiday to her for so long. But things were different this time, she had Craig, strong and stoic Craig. He was always driven and focused on some unseen goal. She over time, had felt more and more like she wanted to be part of those goals.

Nora pulled the small wrapped gift out from it's hiding place when he wasn't looking, as she had no pockets, well she had been keeping it stored in the cleavage of her large bosom. The wrapping was warm to the touch, something that would linger even as she set it on the seat next to her. The young woman leaned forward on the couch, her legs idly swinging in a youthful manner.

As Craig was ending the last preparation for the beef, putting some spices over it, he shook his head as he sighed. Those words were like caresses for his heart, words he wasn't used to hear with such sincerity towards him. He wanted to be sincere with her too, but another side of him always kept him from doing it, and maybe in some ways, for him, it was better.

He turned towards the table and placed over it a tray containing an arranged food decoration with slices of beef at the center and all the fried breaded vegetable all around in circle, the aroma was strong and inviting. After placing it he gave a better glance at Nora and what she obviously put next to her.
At first he questioned what was that, then how she hid that, but he tossed away all the questions as he walked towards her.

"What is that little thing right next to you?" He said with a warm smile, frowning with a bit curiousity from the small package. As he reached her he took it before kissing her, he didn't cared what was inside of it, for him the present was her being next to him.

Last edited:
"The present I brought you, I hope you like it, though don't take it for granted. It may seem cheap, or even kind of useless. But that patching tool has more then meets the eye going on with it. Go ahead, press the little red button on the side of the grip. I think you'll like it, also I kept it hidden in a special place for you.", Nora responded with a giggle, giving a teasing wink as she finished. Finally she leaned back, crossing one leg over the other, and crossing her arms under her chest. A smile was spread across her lips, as she watched his reaction, and how he responded to the seemingly insignificant gift. Truth be told, it was a very expensive piece of equipment, an hard to get too. But to her, his protection was well worth the price.

Craig hummed intrigued by what Nora meant with the last words. He sit next to her, the food was still pretty hot so some minutes to cool down wouldn't damage it at all. The mercenary looked the package with interest, his eyes fixed staring at it as he opened it up with a bit of unnecessary strength.

Inside there was what Nora described as a patching tool, even if it looked simple and cheap Craig wasn't the type of guy to actually give a care about the price of the gifts he recieved, because it was pratically the first one in a decade or more. As he was inspecting it, rotating it in his hands to see all the details as his usual, he recognized the button and pressed it.

Last edited:
Black nanoes would pour out of the device as it gave a hum, the patching tool quickly turning into the grip of some sort of gun, the rest of the weapon following shortly after. All in all it took a mere 20 seconds to construct, complete with targeting system and sights. Even the sound of the magazine being steadily loaded could be heard.

"It's called a G6-MFCAR, a self fabricating rifle, and it fabricates its own ammo as well so you'll never run dry. I wanted you to have a weapon that would never fail you, and could be taken anywhere you go. So that you were always protected when ever danger arose.", Nora said admittedly as a bit of blush came to her cheeks at the admission before adding, "I'd hate to lose you, and would feel bad if I hadn't done something that can help prevent something happening to you. Because I care about you."

At first, he remained estatically watching those nanomachines working to build up the weapon, he remained amazed by such. But not as much as the words of that young woman next to him, again sieging the iron heart of Craig. His eyes stuck to the weapon as he heard her, trembling for a moment. He could feel the true ingenuity and sincerity of her words, words that only another person expressed in his pratically 39 years of life.

"Nora..." he slowly turned towards her, Nora's augmented vision would see his only eye getting slowly wet.

So even him could be that kind of man after all?

In a rush of emotions he put down the rifle and hugged her without hesitation, his head laying on her shoulder, in a strongly and lovely hug . She could feel a deep breath as his muscled chest enlarged before giving a long sigh.

He then grabbed her shoulders, and raised his head to look at her "I... care about you too", his glance becoming serious, a weird light brighting from his eye "And I promise you, this..." He took her hands and closed them between his ones, "I will never die, as long as we will be together". The face of Craig was serious, but the tone of his voice betrayed his glance, it was full of emotion, enough to make him whisper.

Last edited:
Nora fully accepted the hug, returning it with one of her own. She too was experiencing her vision blur as she became teary, but in a good way. "I'm going to hold you to that promise. Please stay safe even when I can't be there, but I will be there beside you every chance I get. Because I wasn't there last time for him, but I will do right this time by you. I want to be there for you when you need me.", Nora said expanding on her feelings, her hands leaving his to gently rest against the sides of his face as she leaned in for yet another kiss.

As he exchanged a long kiss with Nora. Craig questioned himself, especially the promise. What a childish desire, not dying while doing one of the riskiest job in the universe. For what he knew, he could have died at any moment, there was a long list of people seeking revenge for what he did. How could he fullfill it? How could she believe to such fantasy? Maybe because she didn't had a clue of who Craig was.

He started to feel a deep pressure in his chest, a sense of guilt on what he did. He gently break the kiss, and gave a glance to her petite face. As he saw her lovely expression, the oppressing feeling faded away. The guilt was replaced with a sense of appeasement, as he reached the conclusion that one day he will tell everything to her, giving peace to himself. And who knows? Maybe the forefathers will bless him to remain alive 'till that day.

Craig slowly cleaned her tears with his finger "The dinner is ready, it will be a waste if we'll let it getting cold". He said still whispering. Then got up and went with her to the table. Not before deactivating the rifle and put it in his wardrobe. "Sit where you prefer, i'll give you the present after dinner since it is... quite cumbersome".

Last edited:
"Right! It smells delicious, as it no doubt probably tastes so. let's eat, as the night is young, and we have plenty of time for other things after.", Nora confirmed before rising from the couch and heading to the table with Craig. She took the seat closest to where Craig would be sitting, wanting to be close to her lover, who she was beginning to hope would become far more in the future.

The food was arranged around the meat dish that was the main course of the meal. Several other dishes were present, and it looked like a lot of food. Given her metabolism of her heavily enhanced body was a ravenous hunger some times, and she almost worried that what was on the table wouldn't be enough. However, she would just quietly eat some supplemental food later if needed. The food smelled good, but from what she understood, was not exceptional. That being said, home cooked food of any quality was rare for her, mostly having been living off rations. So even mediocre cooked food was a delight to the young woman.

The dishes and table settings were all the standard that came with the apartment, something she understood given she too lived alone for the most part. Compared to his apartment, her's was rather spartan in decoration and style. It made her a bit conscious about it and her image, and it reminded her that the last time Craig had seen her body, well it was far too dark to see in detail. Looking at her wrist for even the briefest moment, she pulled the sleeves down further as to cover her scars, hoping none peaked out from any other part of her outfit.

Craig wasn't the type to eat with people really close to him, it was kinda uncomfortable for him, but he kept staying next to her. Once it wouldn't been such a problem but, after a long time staying alone, the perception of certain things changes.

The food was really good for his standars, even if the appearance looked really inviting the taste was pretty mediocre. His efforts focused more on the appearance rather than the taste, but despite his anxiety on the matter, looked like she was eating it voraciously. Seemed that his survival turned out to be good too for homecooking.

Craig glance was absorbed for a moment looking at Nora with a mildly satisfied face, but a weird movement and a worried look in her eyes alarmed him "Are you ok? Is everything alright?".

Last edited:
"Oh uh yeah, the food is good.....I huh, was just adjusting my sleeves.", Nora replied trying to hide her nervousness. She hadn't lied, just hadn't given the exact reason for the adjustment. She brought a smile back to her face, even if not the best one. To be honest, she was a bit worried of what he would think, but....maybe it was time to take a leap of faith.

"Actually uh, that's not entirely true. Remember when I told you the day we met, that I had things done to me, to become what I am? I still bare the scars of that, and I've been very self-conscious and worried in what you would think of them. The last time I was bare, the room was dark, so you didn't see them.", She finally admitted, then slowly pulled up her sleeve. A large and wide surgical scar ran across her wrist and down the amount of her arm she had uncovered. It was clear that at some point, she had basically been cut open like a flayed fish.

Craig saw them and remained impressed not because he saw them but because he didn't percieved them back in that night. At first he didn't said anything, he calmly took a table napkin and cleaned his hands, then his lips. Still not giving an answer, he took a sip of water and then get up from the chair and made few steps out from the table. He took the braces and with a move of hands he let them fall, dangling on his legs.

While he unbuttoned his sleeves and the chest of his shirt he broke the silence "You wouldn't say that if you saw them". He took his shirt off and put it in his hands. His perfect muscular body was completely covered by scars of multiple origins, one could tell his story just by looking at them.

As he was still giving his back to her, Nora could have seen dozens of scars made of stabbings near his spine and shoulders, the left side of his lumbar region was covered by a large burn scar, signs cuts and deep scratches covered the medium and lower area. Two large scarred circles, made of projectiles traced where located in his left shoulder and right shoulder blade.

He then turned, while doing it she would see a long and large scar in his right upper arm, it was more precise than the others and looked selfmade.
As he now faced her even more scars of bullets and surgical ones were present on his body, and a large blade cut on his chest. His face was serious as always "You must never regret who you are and what you have suffered, for me it made me stronger, making the man I am now. You are the same, even if how you get it and the purpose was different. I don't hate myself for how I look, you should do the same".

After some seconds Craig sighed, slightly looking downward, as he realized how tactless that action was. He took back his shirt and started to wear it "Sorry that was... inappropriate".

Last edited:
She quickly placed a hand on his bare back to comfort him, "No, you did nothing wrong. I don't hate myself, and I've already had my pity party for what was done to me. It's not that the scars are there Craig, it's what they represent, which what happens when I'm near a magnet or metal detector reminds me of as well. Is that I had so much removed of what made me, well me. I was denied the right to a childhood and a normal life, I'm essentially the development of the choices of others. But not my own, and I feel like I can't truly say I am me, until I live my life by my choices. What left of it I have anyways."

Her fingers began to slowly trace the scars displayed to her, tracing each story with petite fingers that belied the power they held. For someone with the raw power to go toe to toe with PA, she was rather gentle when she wanted to be. The tips of her fingers stopped for a moment, before she put her arms around him in a hug, her hands now resting flat against his bare chest. "Those choice I want to make...to be my own person...begin with you."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back