• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Gigatonne vs. Yottawatts

You must be familiar with the N-dimensional theories, in which space-time makes up only 4 of a potentially infinite number of dimensions; I'm explaining Aether by means of assuming that the dimensional distortion due to gravity of these aether quanta is present in these other dimensions; this would also explain why they are curled upon themselves.

Also, I didn't attack your explanation of the event horizon, but I did consider it @.@ are you psychic?

Anyway, my explanation was not the point of my post. Please instead consider the remaining paragraphs.

P.S. Time for class for me, now ^.^' Be back in 2 hours or so, I guess.

You guys will probably think I am thick for this, but I aint so good at science, I am more of a preactical person, but what is an event horizen?

it (the event horizon) is the mathematically defined distance from the singularity (black hole) at which the escape velocity is equal to the speed of light. Since normal matter cannot exceed c, nothing can escape once it crosses this boundry.

[I’m guessing the other posts were deleted for not being on topic]

Well, just because it may exist in only 1 upper dimension does not mean it will not induce curvature on other dimensions. There exists a frame of reference for a object where, say, X=j, where j is some velocity on the x axis and all other vector components (Z, Y, etc.) posses no component of the motion, and would therefore not feel curvature due to the particle energy (if this where the only frame).

However, from an outside observer, Y’=dy/dt. Because time is present in all dimensions, this means time will pass through, causing the curvature induced by object to pass through all dimensions as it crosses through extended space-time.

So, no, the energies existence in a higher dimension would not prevent it from causing sever spatial curvature in other dimensions, which would lead to the formation of a black hole.

---------

I did try to explain how it works with only theory I know of that comes anywhere close to the parameters of this Aether (the description of Aether can even be understood as zero-point energy without much effort), which is the quantum mechanical calculations for zero-point energy (the ones that yield potentials in upwards of 100 magnitudes).

But beyond that (and the game balance hell its use introduces), what does the energies origin have to do with what it does? As soon as it leaves this “Aetherâ€

RPG-D RPGfix
Back