• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Greetings, fellow RPers in This Long Lived Roleplay of Epic Proportions... Too Much for a Title?

Darkarion

Inactive Member
Allow me to use text language. LOL!

Alright, so I really dunno how to introduce myself, so I'm using the template. Here goes.

What do you call yourself?
By the name... Dark would be fine.

How'd you find Star Army?
To be honest... I was looking for Science Fiction RPs, and I found this. It looked interested, and it had anime, so that was a plus!

What interested you in joining?
Uuum,,, put this above. Oops. So, allow me to repeat- It looked interesting, and it had anime as a plus. Why it interested me: Organized RP, with not only cool drawings, but a followable plot. (Is followable a word? I don't think so, but I can copy Shakespeare, right?)

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Uuurhm... I did freeform text when Roblox had an RP in its forums, but I don't think that counts. I HAVE been doing RPs in RP Repository. For about Three months, but I consider myself very active in it, if I do say so for myself.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
....None interesting, unfortunately.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    Male. definitely male.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    I don't care, either way.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Ehhh... Military preferred over civilian, but I can play a civvie. I really like playing adventurers!
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Humans- I think like a human. :D
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    I don't care! Throw whatever environment you want at me!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Eeeerhm.. I don't care...? Probably Forum Posts?
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: I can deal with others: 2 You will get none from me: 0
  • Violence: Bring it on! I am an American through and through! 3
  • Sexuality: Uuuurhm.. I'm a sucker for romance, secretly, and I like ecchi, but nothing too graphic, soo.... 1.5?
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
....I'm fresh out of ideas today.

A couple of questions as well.
Making a subspecies of humans: I got a PM from Wes saying that there are too many humans+1- do subspecies count..? I know I have to wait three months, but I do like stewing over ideas for a while.

I know there is no magic, but what about dark matter/dark energy manipulation. No motive here, except for plain curiosity.

Thank you for putting up with this list!
Yours Sincerely, Dark.

Just replace magic with technology.

Telepathy -> wifi
Fireball -> flamethrower
Telekinesis -> gravity manipulation.

The best thing you can do is check out the wiki. If you see something you like, ask someone about it and there is probabably an RP built around it.

Human subspecies are also allowed, but kinda discouraged. If you want to go through the process of it we can help, but you may want to consider cybernetics if you’re more interested in having abilities, than in playing a whole new subspecies joining the setting.

Is there something specific you’re looking for in RP?

Welcome! SARP is a pretty neat place, once you get the hang of it - things are a bit crazy-looking from the outside sometimes, but on the inside it's a crazy we (normally) can make sense of; don't be afraid to ask anybody some questions! The best place to do that is generally the Discord server, whose link is up there at the top of the page.

In general, Yamatai and Nepleslia are the best factions for militaristic RP - bolth of them are fairly large and have a variety of RP plots! They're allied in-character, as well, which means you can have a bit of a "species crossover" for their plots (The most common version of this is a Nepleslian dude on a Yammie starship : P).

A new faction, if you're up for that sorta stuff, is Section 6 run by @Jack Pine - They're not "proper" military last I heard, but it's a good place to jump into if you're up for those sorts of shenanigans!

They’re pretty damn close though xD

As usual, welcome to the site, hope you stick around ;3

I run a few civilian plots, actually I only run civilian plots. Thats my intro done.

I have been summoned!

Hello, I'm the newest faction owner as Arbles has kindly mentioned me. Section 6 is all about advancing technology. We have a army which I'd like to think is almost a proper military. We also do have a fleet, so we like to cover all our bases.

We take soldiers, and civilians alike. Currently our main focus is setting out across the stars in search of a world to call our own as we work to building into a proper faction. There is much planned for the future my friend, and I would love to have one more along for the ride.

Thank you all for responding to my (most assuredly!) tedious frameworked post! Now, to reply to each person individually!

@Zack, The "Magic" question was just a hypothetical. I'm probably not gonna do it. Now, for the subspecies... Yeah, abilities are the silver lining, but I'd like the creating of cultures and history and whatnot. Think of the game Spore- I loved making new species, then making stories as I played along. For what I like... I DO like Military RP, I just sometimes need breaks from it all. For example, take Warhammer 40K. I LOVED it, for a while. Then I got tired of all the bloodshed and depression- I do like those nice warm and cuddly scenes. I also love adventure- STAR TREK FOREVER!

@Arbitrated, Thanks for greeting me! Crazy is how I run! (Really, they put me in a straitjacket. Can't you tell?) Unfortunately, I cannot access discord for the better part of the year. My tech, and the availability of the better tech, is limited. in a year, I plan on getting some piece of software that can accommodate Discord. As for Yamatai and Nepeslia, I have read about Yamatai, and I am leaning towards it, but I've yet to see Nepeslia. I may be surprised!

@club24, -claps- Bravo, bravo! -sobs into a handkerchief- And thanks for the invitation to the civvie plots.

@Legix, I will make sure to look at Nepeslia! Thanks for the greetings!

@Jack Pine- OOOOOHH! NEW GROUP! Its techno based too! However, let me examine the other factions properly as well. On a separate note, that subspecies I'm thinking of is focused on technology, a little bit.

If you read through all of my addresses, I reward you! Here's a bit of cake! Maybe some kool-aid too... no, no. Too evil.
I feel like I'm writing those thanks authors always put at the beginning of a book.

I wasn't inviting you, you're banned forever

But yeah welcome to join if you feel up to it, also just with your subspecies idea which certainly is not a bad thing to have, my only advice is to wait until you're a little more acquainted with the site before jumping right into big stuff like that ^^ if you're itching to make stuff though you can design technologies and such like myself and @SirSkully do using my company Galactic Horizon

@Zack, I can't really download/use Discord on this computer, as its public (and monitored). However, the browser Discord is something I've never heard about. I'll try it (on another computer of course.). Furthermore, I can't use the app. Remember when I said that I have low tech Items? Yeah... I don't have an Iphone, just a flip phone. I hope I can get one next year, thus vastly increasing my functionality...and prestige/pride... I have an Ipod I managed to scrounge from home, but it is old. It is an IOS 6.1. I give you permission to laugh at me.

@club24, Thanks for the invite! And yes, I would love to make tech! I just have to read up on the current forms of tech.

Recommendation: Get an android phone (I think that Samsung also works on the same operating system). It's a better value deal for how much you pay and it also has a heck of a lot more customization to it all! I have an iPhone right now, but as soon as I get the chance I'm getting a different brand.

That definitely sounds like our kind of gig, we have the fancy implants, and AIs becoming real people. I would definitely love to here the deets.

If you have any questions, or need any help, hit me with a PM and I'll help you as best as I can.

Alright, so I've decided to join the faction of the Star Army of Yamatai. Nepesilia and Section 6 seem cool, but Nepesilia seems slightly too gritty for me. That doesn't mean I won't make a character who's in that faction in the future, however! And for Section 6, yeah, I love the idea, but it seems too advanced for a beginner like me. I'll probably wait to get some experience before I can join/make a PC for section 6. Thank all of y'all for your ideas, however!

No problem, I look forward to writing with you, and to a potential new player in the future.

As I've said before hit me with any questions, or problems you need help with. And that's for anything.

Yay :D D'ya have any ideas for a particular plot you wanna jump into for Yammies, or is that still up in the air?

Ah, I've PMed Wes about playing a Caelisolan Elysiun. Rather, the viability of playing a Neo-Caelisolan.

Also, I've asked him if there were any 'training boot camp' RPs, to put it a bit roughly. I wanna make sure I get the knowledge I need to RP correctly, and-if there is an RP like this- I can use it to summarize the lore, decide what specialization I want to do, and see if I know/remember the lore I already memorized.

Well actually, @META_mahn is the Faction Manager of Elysia : P Neo-Caelisolans were made by @Ethereal as well! ^^

Regarding "boot camp" or "training" plots... At one point in time there were a couple of those floating around - but I don't remember if they're still going or if they finished or something else. One I can remember pretty clearly is the Fighting High School plot by @Reynolds , though!

Heh. Well, you see, I am intending on playing an Caelisolan in the SToY. So, thinking on that logically... It rules out a Neo-Caelsolan, most likely.

And thanks for the advice/references! I DO hope there is a training RP.

Yam has quite a few plots my friend, albeit a few have slowed considerably of late. But we have a number of active ones. Also there is always open RP if you want to just interact with other characters and get familiar as well as some practice with your new character. I definitely have a few SAoY people I can through in. Or even just a few civilian independents to just chill with.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back