• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Greetings, fellow RPers in This Long Lived Roleplay of Epic Proportions... Too Much for a Title?

Well, you see, I just find it hard right now to see how I could incororate a non-Elysian character into a Neo-Caelisolan. I'm intending my character to join in this year, YE 40. Neo-Caelisolans were made in YE 40. It just seems like I would be mooching off the Neo-Caelisolan subspecies purely for it's abilities. After all, would a new 'convert' also just join a military not of Elysia right after changing bodies? I personally think that would be opportunist.

On the other hand, playing a standard Caelisolan, albeit slightly deviant... That seems viable. No outsider becoming species Avatar deal, though... Maybe have a Caelisolan become a Neo-Caelisolan to show his deviance? I dunno...

Update:

Oh, sorry Jack, I was in the middle of posting. My bad.

Thanks for the info, and the recommendations/references! However, lemme see what the verdict is on the whole training camp thing. I must admit, I like organized play...

Last edited:
(For the record: The plural of Elysian is Elysians, and the nation is Elysia. Elysia itself is still a part of Yamatai, though!)

EDIT: Also, pretty much right now, Elysia's "military" is more or less a joke that doesn't actually properly exist yet. There's going to be progress on that in the future, but that's not even started yet ^^

Alright, so I've decided to join the faction of the Star Army of Yamatai. Nepesilia and Section 6 seem cool, but Nepesilia seems slightly too gritty for me. That doesn't mean I won't make a character who's in that faction in the future, however! And for Section 6, yeah, I love the idea, but it seems too advanced for a beginner like me. I'll probably wait to get some experience before I can join/make a PC for section 6. Thank all of y'all for your ideas, however!
We do have non-grit plots currently without boards, but just remember to join Nepleslia in the future :V

RPG-D RPGfix
Back