• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Greetings, mortals, from the realm beyond...

ExperimentAlpha

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Hail. I am Alpha.

How'd you find Star Army?
I googled a search for a sci-fi roleplaying site.

What interested you in joining?
You've really put a great deal of effort into this site, I'll give you that. Beyond that? You've all invested significant amounts of time and effort into your story beyond anything I've done before, and for that I applaud you.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
One might call me a veteran of text-based roleplaying games, but my skills have dulled from lack of use. Given time, I am sure they will return.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
If you want a storytime thread, I could go on for a while. However, my stories are mostly of fantasy roleplaying exploits.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? (also particularly fond of automata/undead. I can play female but it doesn't come out well, 9/10 times, I need to work on that.)
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Either works, but major character events ought be planned out in my book, especially if it's interpersonal IC actions which would bring about such events.
  • Military or civilian characters? (Both work well, but it would appear that military seems to get the limelight around here.)
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? (I've done a fair bit of most of the above, but anthropomorphism is not something I am well-versed in.)
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? (Did Captain Picard have to choose? No. No he didn't. In all seriousness, either works - but why not both!!)
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? (I've done more of the latter recently. It will take a touch of recalibration to get back into the swing of forumgames, but I will survive.)

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2-3 (because I'd very much so not like to be banned for darning someone to heck on occasion.)
  • Violence: 1-3
  • Sexuality: 1-3

I've never seen a list like this before. Frankly, I can do whatever acomodates others when it comes to this list - I'm quite flexible, and very much so an adult in this manner.

What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I would love to see what this universe has to offer in its entirety! (And mech combat. That would be wicked sweet.)

Heya, Alpha. Welcome to SARP. Good to see we've got some people with some experience coming around. We like brand new players, but it's always good to see what sort of variety experienced ones bring, as well.

If you have any questions, there are plenty of people on the boards like me that have been doing this for a pretty long time. I've played a huge array of genres and characters. Feel free to toss any questions you might have my way.

So where did you do your other text based RP?

Welcome to Star Army! I think you'll fit in fine here.

It's been nice speaking with you in the chat.

Thank you both for your warm welcomes.

As mentioned in the chat, my formative years were spent on Roblox, while I came into my own over a private forum.

Edit: I almost forgot! I also did extensive roleplay on Maelsrom: The Shattering of Runeterra before it died. I was part of the character approval board, in fact!

Last edited:
Glad to meet you, Alpha. You sound like a mature and ready player. Always happy to see such a player join Wes' SARP.

Your best bet is to work out what kind of roleplay or environment you really want to be in and the kind of character you want to play.

Given your interest in the undead, you might want to hit up our wiki (link up at the top of the site, at all times) and look up the Freespacers - a race that are... Well. A lot like your avatar, to be blatant.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back