• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Greetings

Grey Library

Inactive Member
Greetings, esteemed members of Star Army. I am a new member of this gathering, I do hope that you do not mind my intrusion. With time, effort and a generous dosage of luck, I aspire to integrate into the community as seamlessly as possible and perhaps create something worthwhile in my time here.

Thank you all for your time, and may you and the Star Army live long and prosper.

Welcome Grey, I am Nashoba one of the Site Admins. We are always happy to see new people. So feel free to poke around, check out our New Players' Guide if you haven't already done so. We have a lot to offer, many different species, and factions. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here, or you can go to the StarArmy IRC. There are folks there most of the time who can answer most common questions.

Hello, fresh and willing sacrifice!

. . .

Was that too forward? That was too forward, wasn't it? Apologies.

Anyways, I'm Saul! I'm no big-wig around here but I certainly do my best to cause all sorts of chaos by refusing to shut up about things that catch my interest. Among the things I love doing is helping new people feel welcome and to help them out with anything they may need. So if you have any questions, for example about Nepleslia or my own plot within that faction being where my subject matter knowledge is strongest, I'll happily help you, and if I don't know the answer then I'll point you straight to somebody who should!

If you have any questions for me or need my help on anything then feel free to shoot me a PM, or you can find me on IRC most days under the name of Homes.

. . . .

Now where are @SmokeEmpress and @Archander with that sacrificial dagger for this?

Give evil minions one job and they still mess it up!

*stumbles in, scratching his head* Huh?We're sacrificing new people again? It's totally not my fault this time. @SmokeEmpress had the dagger. I gave it to her to polish it since the last the last ceremony.

Oh hey @Grey Library! Nice to see another body to reap... Er... player to join our noble cause!

As the name says, I'm Archander. Resident newb extraordinaire~ (actually just another new guy myself.) In all seriousness, its great to have you here and you'll find we are a pretty tight nit yet welcoming community. Ask questions, don't be afraid to jump right in, and most importantly have a great time with us.

@Saul is gonna kill me for losing the dagger again...

Last edited:
*Narrows her eyes at the two* Don't blame me for losing your things! I gave it back once it was polished and sharpened just right!

And hello, @Grey Library, welcome to the chaos that we all call home.

Thank you for the enthusiastic welcome, though I must protest the necessity of such a ritual. As of now, I am still not fully familiar with many aspects of the setting, something I plan to fix.

I do have a question: What are the most common types of weaponry in the sector? Star Wars optical lasers, Mass Effect particle weaponry, particle beams or mundane projectiles?

What is considered the norm for the galactic parity? What standard of military parity is there, not counting Black projects? What is the "NATO" firearms of the sector? Example, RL would be NATO firearms used by the US.

There is no one standard. Really within a faction, you'll generally just be using that faction's weapons. Rxceptions might be, for example, the Bounty Hunter plot - where weapon use is more determined by what you afford on the market rather than what nationality you are.

You'll find that Mach-speed level missiles of various types (high explosive, anti-matter, etc.) are more or less in the armory of every faction you might be playing as. The same goes with laser based weaponry and particle accelerators. On a personal level, power armor is so common that fighting without it is more of a rarity and death wish, and while many weapons available on that scale or laser/plasma/energy-based a majority are generally slug-throwers of some kind or another.

The general rule of thumb is that sleek and aesthetically pleasing is going to be Yamatai's approach, while Nepleslia adopts a more "pulled from an action movie" looks and thrills-before-thrills. Both will get the job done and its mainly a matter of personal taste if you aren't wanting to dig around and constantly be comparing wiki stats.

Other factions tend to drfit to one side or the other of the two stated approaches while at the same time the creators have added their own flare to keep things different and fun.

In short: every faction has their own ordnance and outside of a few third party suppliers, they generally keep to their own kit, most all arsenals on a faction-wide scale are comparable, and soldiers properly equipped can quite literally fly through space at Mach 1>.

Grey, you've been pretty awesome since you arrived and I thought I should say so.

Also, I've never seen somebody delete their own posts so much (as admin I can see when this happens). You're very selective about what you say, aren't you?

Well, I suffer from a highly severe case of Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome, as evidenced from the recent MEC debacle. Thus far, I have managed to suppress it through vigorous editing and deletion after 5 minutes have passed, as a last resort.

Unfortunately, every so often something slips through the cracks.

Thank you for the compliment. I am flattered.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back