• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Greetings!

jarth3000

Inactive Member
Hello all!

My name is Josh and over the past, well, on and off fifteen plus years I've been writing primarily in "efeds" which are pro-wrestling based roleplaying games of a competitive nature. Over the past few years I switched into "angle" feds in which you drove a story instead of shooting promos and trash talk and over time I realized that these efeds had gotten away from "gimmicks" which made it enjoyable because you could write an off the wall character with substance instead of some generic dude who is on an indy circuit.

Anyhow, I've decided to take my writing to this realm; I've always enjoyed Sci-Fi writing and even once created an efed based around a sci-fi/dystopian premise. It went great, but there just wasn't much of a following in that community back then, so I let it go and just went back to where I started.

Anyhow, now I'm here and I can't wait to get started and build some stories with you guys.

I'm a novice when it comes to this particular kind of roleplay setup, so bare with me a bit and I'll get the hang of it in no time.

Can't wait to get to know you all and thanks for allowing me in your corner of the net.

Josh

Welcome to Star Army! Most of the OOC Discussion takes place on our Discord server. Since you have experience in writing pro-wrestling based roleplay, I will mention to you that @Reynolds did create an interest check for something like that a while back, but I am unsure of his plans for that at the moment. Other than that, most of the RP on the site is military and combat focused, but there are plenty of active plots that focus on things of a more subtle nature.

If you want a good "starter" plot @Ametheliana and @Jack Pine run plots that take a lot new players, and are quite active/fast. Jack runs
ISS Brimstone and Section 6, while Ame runs YSS Hana and YSS Kaiyo. They can give you more information on those plots.

Anyways, welcome, and I hope that you can get yourself acquainted quickly!

Hello hello, yes, some of my earliest RP was also efeds, back in the Attitude Era. Some of my characters are still around online if you search for them, even!

I was interested in setting up that wrestling plot, to just run a few fun, quick events to break up the regular RP, but didn't really get enough players committed to it. I could definitely see about jumpstarting it if you're interested, although joshi might not be exactly what you were looking for or familiar with. Might be a good way to ease you into the universe! But it also wouldn't be very representative of the usual RP plots on here. So could be an odd way to start.

But if you want to shoot me a PM, or find me on Discord, we could chat about good ways to get you started. I might be able to help you make the transition more smoothly, or at least explain things with wrestling analogies. Ame and Jack are definitely two people I'd trust to get you set up, too.

Hey! Sorry i missed you at first but I'm the guy who runs a plot called Psychopomp. The short of it is that its a PMC and is currently at war with USO. I have some new players running around somewhere but the plot itself has been a little inactive due to the playerbase being had to pin down for SP threads. If you feel like joining a slower plot I'll be around.

Welcome!

Congratulations on finding one of the most friendliest (if not the friendliest) place on the interwebs!

As Immortal mentioned, Ametheliana runs the YSS Hana and the YSS Kaiyo, both of which are actually accepting new people and are about to begin missions, so now is a good time to think about joining those plots if you're interested so you can either hop in (Hana is best to just hop in. It's Taco Time at the moment :3) or wait for the mission to finish so you can get a feel for the RP. Depends all on how you RP. I'll also be more than happy to hop in a Discord or Skype chat and help you make a character for a plot you want to join.

If you have ANY questions about the Wiki, creating a character, joining a plot, etc, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the FMs/GMs. I'm currently in the Kaiyo and Hana, with a new character (hopefully) in the NSMC 309th, a heavy combat-based plot if you're interested in that and at least 18 years old.

Again, welcome to SARP! I know you'll love it, and if not then bring it up with someone and we can find a way to improve the situation :D.

-Sparkee

P.S. Click the yellow words in a forum post. They are embedded links to the subject which is highlighted. Happy roleplaying!
P.P.S On the wiki, the words will be highlighted pink, not yellow, that are links to other portions of the wiki.

Last edited:
A big welcome to you, Jarth, let me know if I can do anything for you. Star Army's a cool place and sometimes its size and age can seem a lot to deal with so if you find yourself needing advice or assistance just reach out to me or anyone in the Discord chat.

Aye, you've already met me and yeah I run a couple plots. I definitely accept the oddballs when it comes to characters. ISS-BRIMSTONE definitely has quite the colorful cast of misfits out to make a paycheck on a ship doing adventures, while doing morally grey things. I run a group for the 188604 plot called Section 6 which is military and civilian. We do a bit of everything there and also will take any character.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back