• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Greetings!

sourdoughy

Inactive Member
Hello, lovelies! I’m honestly excited to be here, especially after taking such a long raincheck from roleplay.

What do you call yourself?
Anything, really. Go ahead and call me whatever.

How'd you find Star Army?
Through the generators! I was searching for character builders to use, and as I went through the random character generators, like the random gunshot wound generator, I found the information pertaining to the wiki and website. It was an accident, really, but I’m glad the stars have aligned in such a way.

What interested you in joining?
As a massive Star Trek fan (I, for one, love Zachary Quinto) and a world-building fanatic, it was immediate chemistry. I’ve written 40,000 words of a space opera novel, by the way, so maybe one day some of you will be reading my book.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Mostly on Hunger Games and Harry Potter forums when I was a nerdy tween.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I’m an active member of a D&D group, and I do a lot of role-playing outside of online forums.

I prefer:
  • Playing characters of any gender/sex/orientation.
  • Spontaneous RP, although planned plots often last longer and have more depth, in my experience.
  • Military characters all the way. It’s not a space opera without massive spaceship battles and boarding parties, right?
  • Humans, and I prefer to not play anthros. Aliens can be interesting to play, however.
  • I like starship settings with occasional planetary interludes.
  • Real-time roleplay, definitely. It’s less stressful to be able to skip the waiting between posts.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2 (in dialogue, sure, but I don’t like every other word to be a curse word)
  • Violence: 2 (hey, it’s a space opera after all, not a soap opera)
  • Sexuality: 2 (more like an upper limit than preferred)
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I’d like to do something with a military crew taking a shore leave on a planet with a holiday festival. Gift giving, fancy outfits, activities, food, you know, the full works. Oddly specific, I know, but the idea is vivid in my mind like a movie, and it’s like an RP-bucket-list type thing, now.

Sourdough, signing out.

shore leave and festival stuff you will find mostly at Kaiyo, i think its basically the only place that fits it to a T and @Ametheliana is its GM

yamatai in general has that kinda vibe, since you prefer humans i wont advertise my faction for you but nepleslia is always in need of players and if i can round up a decent group of 2 or 3 who are willing to work with me i still have plans to run another plot for the faction

welcome to the site, ect, hope you enjoy yourself and find something interesting,

Welcome to this wonderful community :3 I saw you already made a character and waiting for your next adventure on the kaiyo, same as me ;) yet if you are interested in more stories, STARP got plenty!

I run a Resistance story and a tomb raider/ Indiana Jones story :) but there is also terrorist foxes, exploring stories and much more! But no rush, you choose of course ;) if you need any kind of help, hop on our discord, we are open and friendly folk who gladly help you!

But for now I wish you the best of fun with us :)

Yes, I’ll likely be joining all of you on the YSS Kaiyō II for the next mission, and I’m glad for it! I’ve read through a lot of the recent threads, and it seemed like a great place to be, especially for a new player.

I might check out the Resistance story later, it’s Hanako Must Resist, right? Looks interesting, from an initial glance.

Yamatai is what initially caught my eye, what with the enormous world built around it, but I’ve seen Neplesia, and it seems pretty cool as well.

Yes, I’ll likely be joining all of you on the YSS Kaiyō II for the next mission, and I’m glad for it! I’ve read through a lot of the recent threads, and it seemed like a great place to be, especially for a new player.

I might check out the Resistance story later, it’s Hanako Must Resist, right? Looks interesting, from an initial glance.

Yamatai is what initially caught my eye, what with the enormous world built around it, but I’ve seen Neplesia, and it seems pretty cool as well.
Yes Hanako Shall Resist :) any questions just poke me here or on discord ;)

Welcome to Star Army good sir! Bit late of a welcome maybe, but I hope you enjoy your stay! If you need anything don't hesitate to ask one of our wonderful staff, or members!

I was sweating when I saw club's post! More often than not, my players ask for shore leave and I say "no we're a military ship that has a mission!" so... But I am hoping for a couple of social threads after the war ends in a billion years, so there is hope! I also stopped sweating because sourdughy submitted a character to me before you said that club, so they were interested even without the false hope of parties. Haha lol. But okay I have to backtrack and say I do like a good party so expect one around year end :]

@sourdoughy and @RaWolfe - new mission will be starting Monday! :]

I’m excited for Monday, @Ametheliana ! It’ll be good to start. You need not worry, as I vastly prefer the idea military missions over shore leave anyways. ;) I’m a big fan of bureaucracy and politics-themed stuff. An only-parties RP would get repetitive & boring. Again, more of a ‘bucket list’ thing, to do once just to do it and then get back to normal. 😊

You seem cool and I got a good impression of you from the start. Welcome to Star Army and if you got any questions, comments, or concerns I'll be happy to talk with you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back