• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[Gun] Model 38 Special Duty Revolver

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission Type: revolver pistol
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:model_38_special_duty_revolver
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=sizi:model_38_special_duty_revolver

Faction: Omni-Faction idk what SiZi really is
FM Approved Yet? No. PM'd @Doshii Jun but got excited (sorry bud!), but if it's a no-go for SiZi this time around then my Yamataian company can do it. I'd like it to be in the armory as an option for ranking Star Army soldiers, but that's up to @Wes and the needs of the Star Army. NSP's hard to compete with, so no hard feelings.
Faction requires art? Yes.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes. I will need to create an ammunition article. I am not going to do that until this is approved, as it contains all the information and most of the text a sub article will contain and there is no need to make stub wip: pages in case this gets rejected.
Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? No

Notes: Nobody asked for it, but you got it: the successor to my old Model 30 Condensed Plasma Revolver! This time around, that pesky DR issue is solved by making it legitimately impossible for an unarmored user to fire the ADR ammunition without probably killing themselves! Additionally, it's more usable in RP now since I've added strong, low recoil anti-personnel ammunition and weird Spycraft tech darts. A handy gun for secret agents in SAINT and the IPG maybe?

Last edited:
  • Faction approved for Yamatai
  • NTSE approved for canon
  • Approved to add to the Star Army list of equipment
Is this available for civilian purchase?

Here is the ammo page. Let me know if there are any issues but there's nothing conceptually new in it, just extra words: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=sizi:condensed_plasma_cartridges

Almost called it "Hanyan Express" ammo, but then realized Hanya is in the west of Nepleslia and SiZi is from the east.

• Faction approved for Yamatai
  • NTSE approved for canon
  • Approved to add to the Star Army list of equipment
Is this available for civilian purchase?

Yes! Sweet! Thank you for the quick reply!

It is available for civilian purchase. Ammunition is limited per local laws. So if you can't have an ADR 3 weapon as a civilian in your nation, you're probably out of luck or need to be a paramilitary of some kind when it comes to purchasing heavy or even standard ammo.

I have added markets information to the beginning section. Additionally, there are now details about what a new pistol comes with (cylinder, weights, cleaning kit) and the cost of an extra cylinder.

SiZi absolutely will produce this weapon.

Heck yeah! Cool scifi guns! I put that SiZi sells them everywhere SiZi is sold, which I assume is Nepleslia. It's civilian, but pinging @Luca just in case he wants to add it to the Nep military arms list.

Yukari also will own it. Guaranteed.

Was going to make a joke about Kotori going "reeeeeeee" like a meme frog after seeing the import kanji stamp but it's best left to the imagination, I think.

Last edited:
This is probably a dumb question. The plasma cartridges, are they rechargeable or in any way recyclable after being fired once? Twice?

This is probably a dumb question. The plasma cartridges, are they rechargeable or in any way recyclable after being fired once? Twice?

That's a cool question that I hadn't put too much thought into. Thanks for asking!

Rechargeablity is totally possible for special ammunition. They were designed to be customized and re-used.

I'm kind of iffy on the weapons-grade carts, though. It'd be a boon for operators to be able to easily charge these in the field in a simple powerpack but that might break the seals, as it were, and overpower the gun. Maybe the skill required is about equivalent to repacking brass ammo, so the carts would need to be sent back to the armory for recharging.

I'd like to see what Doshii, Wes, other reviewers, and community people think about this aspect.

If they use complex mechanisms to contain the plasma,recycling them maybe the the economically prudent choice.

I wager it's like repacking a Taser cartridge for civilians -- and it back to the manufacturer or go to an authorized dealer.

Military? For Yamatai, totally how Fred has it. Neps probably could get savvy on it fast as well.

The consensus seems to be "send 'em to the armorer for service," which can be as simple as doing the thing Fred said or sending them off to your local NPC. Cool with me. Should it be an OOC note or part of the description somwhere?

PS: being a meme can be very cute reeeeeee

Add that as part of the description. Players then will understand upfront that their char can't just toss the carts into a bedside charger.

It depends on what the plasma is made of. The cartridge probe probably contains a gas cylinder and a power cell. Like the
EM-W2

I have an idea, what if they were purpose built to be disposable? I mean, if I'm in a fight for my life and I need to reload NOW I'm not going to take the time to collect each empty cartridge and put them somewhere safe. Those puppies are going on the ground!

Also, as a man who just doesn't look good with facial hair I am constantly shaving. One disposable razor won't last forever, I have to keep buying replacement razors to keep my face clean and pretty. Such was the purpose of the Disposable razor, to keep customers returning for more of your product and insure that your company will always have a source of income. (Hint hint);)

It depends on what the plasma is made of.

I was wondering about this. What is SARP plasma, anyway? Will probably just use the mechanism you described.

I have an idea, what if they were purpose built to be disposable? I mean, if I'm in a fight for my life and I need to reload NOW I'm not going to take the time to collect each empty cartridge and put them somewhere safe. Those puppies are going on the ground!

I was generally imagining that, like real bullets, reloading the shells yourself would not be the norm. In combat, Star Army people would probably be trained to only quickload entire cylinders, which are easier to keep track of spent, whereas a civilian or low-intensity conflict person (pirate, mercs) would just hand load their six shooter because the charging equipment is beyond their pay level.

*looks at the art for it... *

Time to hunt down rogue androids....

That's why it's got the clear grip! I need to add a note that it comes in other colors like transparent red, smoke, matte black, wood, etc.

Last edited:
I was wondering about this. What is SARP plasma, anyway? Will probably just use the mechanism you described.

I was generally imaging that, like real bullets, reloading the shells yourself would not be the norm. In combat, Star Army people would probably be trained to only quickload entire cylinders, which are easier to keep track of spent, whereas a civilian or low-intensity conflict person (pirate, mercs) would just hand load their six shooter because the charging equipment is beyond their pay level.

That's why it's got the clear grip! I need to add a note that it comes in other colors like transparent red, smoke, matte black, wood, etc.
I need that Blade Runner blaster. Stat.

The cartridges are powered by an internal energy recycler that feeds from the plasma-state energy already condensed within each casing. While built to be cheap and disposable for what they are, they can be reloaded with a simple charging station. However, the volatile nature of condensed plasma make the technology cost-prohibitive for non-contract buyers.

Added this to the cartridge article. I based this process on the Emry's blaster Nashoba mentioned—energy cell and gas—but switched it up a bit by making the energy stored in a plasma state. If this is too soft on the sci-fi scale, I can just change it to gas or something. The bit on the charging station exists to explain the concept we've come up with here: chargers are only sold to organizations who buy on contract, so are thus rare enough to only find a home in a ship's armory or something like that.

In addition to the standard transparent amber, the pistol grip is also available in transparent Hinomaru red, transparent Nataria green, transparent blue, matte black, polished Tami Burlwood, ice white, transparent smoke, transparent neon green, pink or blue, and RIKUPAT.

This plus cost for alternate grips were added to the main article. Please suggest more colors, as I don't think all of these would make the Nepleslian market and might be Yamatai production only.

Last edited:
Is this a weapon the SAOY will give it's soldiers upon request or is it something the soldier has to buy themselves?

I assume it's special issue. For example, a rikugun platoon might get assigned a few for use as required. Likewise, frontier sheriff types of the YNP or outposts without access to full power armor might be given one as a powerful and versatile backup.

SAINT operatives can requisition one, given the clearance, or request one for mission use via their chain of command.

Like the real military, though, you can't take your weapon home. If a soldier wants one that can be used off duty then they should buy the civilian model. Wes can probably clarify better.

I'm not sure of its approval status. Don't really know how it works anymore. I assumed what Wes said approved it, but it doesn't have a title tag and nobody used the formal review sheet.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back