Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

  • Current IC Month: 7月 YE 42 (through October 11, 2020)

[Hanako Shall Resist] CH.0: And so the skies burn

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Hearing the birds sing, the ocean calmly going back and forth at the beach, the soft breeze, and warm sun. A few distinct features that people remind of when leaving Hanako World. A world that is truly a paradise, where people have no bad word to say when it comes to the hospitality of the locals and the great cuisine. Not to forget the sugar cane plantations, huge terraced rice paddies, and mountaintop vineyards that produce the finest products thorough the Yamatai Empire. But for the locals, Hanako World is so much more, the history speaks for itself, it opened its arms for the refugees from the former United Outer Colonies that fled from conflict. Yes, Hanako World is truly a paradise and that is what keeps everyone going even after that faithful day, the day that changed everyone forever.

1 Hours earlier, in the north of New Kyoto.

Placing her hair behind her ear as the reflection of the sun on the ocean got onto her eyes. Softly smiling as she took a deep breath "Ittô Hei Ak?" She blinks and looked over her shoulder towards the voice that spoke out her name. She saw a trader standing there with his merchandise "Ah yes, sorry I was caught by the beauty of this beach. You got your permits right and no weird merchandise was found. So go ahead, resume your journey and enjoy your stay at Hanako World" The trader nodded with a glimpse of happiness and started to make way towards New Kyoto. For a quick moment, she looked back at the ocean and finally broke off her own stare to resume her path back to Fort Hanako.

She was still on duty, but her shift was almost over and Narita was slowly making her way back to the Fort to turn in her shift. She entered a local village that used their fishing boats to get work done and food on the table. Narita wouldn't admit to it, but she loved being in this town as the people were nice to her, they knew her and she knew them. With her hands on her back, she made way through the busy trade road with little shops and kids playing. She smiled as a ball rolled at her feet and she softly kicked back towards the kids that thanked her with their smiles and waving hands as they shoot off playing "You really need to stop hanging around here Narita" A female voice came from her side as Narita smiled "Why would that be Nisa?"

"Well you see, the Yamatai have already booped your head for hanging around here and something about neglecting you work?" Nisa was a beautiful young lady, who was dressed in local colorful clothing "You get in trouble one day and you are not allowed to get here" She looked a bit with protesting arms crossed over each other at Narita.

"Yes yes, I know I should not be here so often. But it's so peaceful right here and beautiful at everything I look at" She laughs softly at her own words "But I am legit on duty right now as I was ordered to check out the northern region of New Yamatai" She pokes Nisa at her side whom jumped up and waved her hand at some people in the store.

Nisa smirks a bit "What am I suppose to do with you...you are always welcome here" Nisa pointed out at her as she poked back at Narita side and smiled "Got any plans tonight?"

Shaking slowly her head "I got some reports to do, but so far I might hang out with the rest at the fort. Taking in the lovely stars tonight" She points upwards towards the light blue skies with some clouds. It was great weather and Narita felt so comfortable. Though she was a bit on edge also knowing the Kuvexian were at there doorstep, yet she didn't show it to Nisa. It was not something the locals should be worried about in her opinion, they were under their protection.

"Sounds like a lovely and yet plain boring evening to me" Nisa laughed and shook her head slightly "You are welco...Narita?" Nisa narrowed her eyes seeing her friend stopped and her facial expressions were shocked. Meanwhile, Narita communications went nuts, as she looked upwards to the skies seeing not much but some fade light distortions as she placed her hand on her ear and lets the information come to her.

This is Fort Hanako, the Sixth and Tenth fleets have reported of a large invasion fleet of Kuvexian ships in the Hanako Star System. The battle is already in progression, the forces are overwhelming and evacuation of population to H Bunkers is to proceed. Report back to your station and defend Hanako with all your strength.
With that said, the alarm system started to go off in the village as Narita opened her eyes and looked at the siren and sees people panicking "Nisa go towards the nearby evac point and listen towards the soldiers" She saw her friend mutter and placed her hand on her shoulder "Calm, everything will be fine... now go" She started to rush in the direction of New Kyoto as she noticed in the skies the sounds of fighters dropping "Shit..." She looked up and saw the fighters being Kuvexians with a dive towards the village. Narita looked down seeing some kids frozen of fear standing in the middle of the road as she pushed herself forward and grabbed them both just on time out of the fire line. She took a deep breath hearing the gunshots pierce into the ground and the bodies fall down onto the road with screams and crying. She placed the kids onto the ground "Go to the evac point, go!"The kids bow and quickly made their way.

Trying her best to guide more people towards the evac point, Narita knew that she was required at the fort and finally made her way towards the direction the large Skyscraper was. Yet she slowly came to a halt as she narrowed her eyes and shook in disbleieve "No....there are too many. They can't hold back all of them....I need to get there!" She saw fighters fighting in the airspace as suddenly the Kuvexian forces orbitally bombarded the fort until it was nothing but craters and burning rubble and wreckage "NO! NOOOO" She screamed and dropped to one knee and tried to process this chaos as she heard landing parties behind her trying to get control over the situation "Those bastards..." She gets back on her feet and grabs her side pistol rushing back to the village.

Joining the rest of the Star Army, she opened fire at the invaders "For the Yamatai!" A soldier yelled as the rest followed taking down quite a few of the invaders. Narita did her best, but a mere pistol didn't do the right amount of damage. She thought about having her Power Armor, but it was back at the for that was nothing but rumble. She made sure that every shot counted, her fellow soldiers, brothers, and sisters were falling to the overwhelming enemy forces that came at them. How could a peaceful serenity become so violent in just a few minutes. One minute Narita was laughing and enjoying her day, another she was fighting for her life. Finally, she was knocked out by a stun grenade.

Slowly waking up as she gets a slam of a pistol that caught her off guard and slammed to the floor as she shook her head "Narita..." She heard her name a few times and looked up seeing that people were rounded up looking scared, afraid of what would become of them "These are your so-called protectors...your glorious warriors that are now on their knees unable to defend you" A voice came as Narita looked at the person seeing Kuvexian in heavy armor and then noticed that her fellow Star Army soldiers were all next each other "These people are not worth your time, you are now under the great protection of the Interstellar Kingdom Of Kuvexia. You do not require the Yamatai to protect your worthless life's" Narita rubbed the side of her head and got back on her knees as she noticed a great sum of a bug-like skeleton looking creatures as she heard a charge and looked at the Kuvexian that had a pistol aimed at her sister "No..." She mutters wanted to act but a shot was given as the person shooked his head and the Kuvexian walked to the next aiming his pistol and now Narita could hear him "Submit or die" Again and the most logical answer is the shake of the head in refusal of the idiotic offer, another shot was fired and the man kept going as people grasp their breath when he reached Narita with the gun charged and aimed at her. She noticed how the bodies are being disposed into the sewers and she heard the words "Submit or die"

Was this really it, was this the place she was going to die and be the failed warrior that couldn't protect what is dearest to her. She had her honor to uphold and she was not going to betray her sisters or the Yamatai. Looking at the Kuvexian that had no remorse, no emotion on his face as she wanted to answer she heard the voices of the villages "Please Narita submit! Don't die! Please!" The Kuvexian looked slightly over his shoulder "It seems wise to listen to these people Yamatai, so better not disappointed them"

Softly she smiled at each of them and was grateful to have ever met them, talked with them, laughed with them and now she found her peace. Narita looked again at the Kuvexian and her facial expression of one not being slightly impressed "I refuse to submit to a cocky bastard as yourself or any of your ass-kissing kind. We Yamatai shall always resist, fight against those that are slave-driven, dictators and egocentric. We shall protect our kind, our people and we shall fight for Hanako World" The anger was easy to read now on Narita face as the Kuvexian was laughing placing his pistol in his holster and grabbing Narita at her throat lifting her up. She tried to resist, but her body was weakened by the damage earlier done.

"Hear these famous last words people...the Yamatai will protect you. But you see, the Kuvexians are on their way to Yamatai, to crush their hopes and dreams young one..." She tried to struggle, as he walked to the same place as where the other bodies were dumped into the sewers "However, your story ends here Yamatai....I will laugh when I walk on the lands of your homeworld. Enjoy the afterlife, if you have one..." Narita tried her best to rest but felt a sudden stab in her side and saw that the Kuvexian had stabbed her. She started to gasp for air and felt the dagger go out as she gets dropped into the sewers, losing her focus in the fall.

7 hours after the initial invasion. Location unknown.

Screams, crying and people suffering, the smell of metal and stench of death. Slowly Narita eyes were opening as she could feel the pain at her side and she rubbed the front of her head "We got one waking up!" A female voice spoke up as she got onto one knee next to Narita and checked her "Take it easy, you fought quite a battle soldier" She pushed Narita back onto the bed as she looked at her "You got a side wound that requires healing...I closed it with the materials I had"

She felt the woman doing her job and yet didn't pinch at any painful areas. Just trying to get her focus back and her mind clear of everything that had happened, until Narita finally spoke "Where am I?"

"Oh yes, Welcome to H Bunker 789 or dubbed now as the resistance front"
 
Last edited:

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member
A distorted, bassy voice intoned over the sounds of rapid activity amidst the new cruel reality of Hanako.

"You shouldn't have survived that. But you have, against all common sense; fate's decided that kuvexian death meant more than a fatal wound. The message is clear; their cleansing is coming and the winds of change desire you be wielded by their hand. I hope you'll be ready for that."

A huge creature, unsettling and grotesque, passed a box of medical supplies to a ragged medic, bags under his eyes and tears drying beneath them. It was not hard to see why. So many bodies lay stiff and cold, their hands clenching towards a salvation that never came, mouths begging for loved ones they they'd never again see, and the slow creeping reek of failure's burden.

He didn't need to be Yamataian to feel that same sting in the soul, resonating across decades and into the present, carried on every screaming desperate voice and in the sound of clinking metal and sliding receivers. Blood shed had demanded blood be returned. Not a vengeful man, but a righteous one, he thought to himself. Not to the unknown expanse they go, but to cathedrals of rest and peace.

Even the Kuvexians. Lots and lots of them.

He flicked through a data-pad for any updates as tense and desperate bodies rushed past; the voices, the tears, the pained breaths, all enveloping his thoughts and his senses. He didn't show it; an old hand at butchery and violence himself, they were muted sensations. Sympathetic but there was one way to stop this and that was by repaying the favour. The Special Personnel Projects had dropped him off here previously but he hadn't received any updates since. He turned to the woman helping Narita, his SPAID slung over his chest.

"I need to know who's in command. That speech wasn't for show; they will pay but I imagine we need a plan of attack for that."
 

demibear

Game Master
Before the invasion of infidels
Hanako's World


The former Plebian now Caesolian named Athena Stamoules had two choices upon leaving the Star Army of Yamatai. Leaving because she felt like she didn't really belong anymore, the first choice was for her to return to her people in Elysian space. For all the Yamatai Star Empire goes on about tolerating religion, they did a terrible job of not making her feel like an outsider for practicing it. But she also had the taint of Yamataian culture on her now from all the years of service, so she opted for option two; getting as far from the core of Yamatai as possible.

So thus she found herself on Hanako's World. Despite the namesake of the world, the UOC refugees made it easier for her to be who she was truly meant to be. With her experience as a medic, she started an urgent care clinic with the funding she had saved up over the years.

Post-Invasion
H-Bunker 789


But it would not last long for former Joto-Hei Stamoules. Sometime during the fighting, she used her medical experience to help anyone she could while trying to avoid Kuvexian patrols. It just happened to be blind luck that she chanced upon the entrance of H-Bunker 789 and consequently got knocked unconscious.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
H-Bunker 789

"You shouldn't have survived that. But you have, against all common sense; fate's decided that kuvexian death meant more than a fatal wound. The message is clear; their cleansing is coming and the winds of change desire you be wielded by their hand. I hope you'll be ready for that."

Looking at her side, Narita saw a humanoid-shaped person yet didn't recognize his species and blinks as she rubs the side of her head remembering slowly the things that had happened to her, to her people and the destruction. She took a deep breath and nods slowly "The Kuvexians, yea I remember..." She lays her head back and shrugs as Narita tried to control her emotions that were mainly focused on anger, pain, and sadness. It was difficult as the bodies of those that had passed were laying close to her, getting taken care of in the Yamatai ways, yet the amount of death was overwhelming and Narita knew that the words of the alien spoke truth "I guess you are right in your own style of belief. We got beat down pretty hard"

"I need to know who's in command. That speech wasn't for show; they will pay but I imagine we need a plan of attack for that."

The nurse looked at the man "At the moment that is something we all trying to figure out, remnants of Legion II that manage to escape Fort Hanako are spread over the whole world into various hiding spots. I presume they are playing to strike back with guerilla warfare tactics. So to answer your answer who is in charge, the highest-ranking person is this one" She said as she taps Narita on her chest "You can move now...just take it easy" Hearing a noise from behind as Narita also looked at that direction seeing a woman being dragged by two into the bunker "Another patient?"

One of the two shook her head "No ma'am, she was snooping around close to this bunker and we knocked her out. She might be a Kuvexian spy" As they place Athena down against a wall and grab to their weapons, just to be sure as the nurse shrugs "Yes, a... Caesolian I believe that stepped over to the enemy. Sounds totally legit reason to knock her out. I leave this one to you Ittô Hei" The nurse spoke walking towards the next patient.

Taking a deep breath as she sits up and gets off her stretcher. Letting the pain sink in for a second and then rose slowly to stand up straight. She felt the pain, but in a way, she didn't mind as Narita wanted to feel the same pain that Hanako people were now feeling due to the invasion and all the damage that was done. A sour reminder of what impact this all had done to her. She walks to the little group and noticed who the Caesolian was "Weapons down, this is a medic who did great work for our people. I believe her name is Athen" She bends forward and gently hits the side of her cheek to see if there was any response "Athena?" She spoke and noticed a man rushing from the tunnels into the bunker and looked at her side "We just lost another village...they took all Yamatai and shot them on sight" Narita felt a pain wave through her body as if she felt the sudden pain of loss.
 

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member
"At the moment that is something we all trying to figure out, remnants of Legion II that manage to escape Fort Hanako are spread over the whole world into various hiding spots. I presume they are playing to strike back with guerilla warfare tactics. So to answer your answer who is in charge, the highest-ranking person is this one."

His head tilted down to her; the woman was tough and it was clear vengeance burned on her mind brighter than anyone else's. Yet could her body take that? He had seen many people wilfully defy death. Their bravery often did little in the face of crippled, deteriorating bodies as honourable as it may be. Symbolic defiance had its time and place.

"I don't doubt her skills but leading in this state could take a serious toll. Anyone with military leadership experience would be welcome; a second in command..."

He paused to see the prisoner brought in and the tendril-like creature within his body tensed reflexively; a hidden weapon to deliver a quick, vicious death. Yet it appeared she was somethng else. A prisoner? A medic it seemed. More survivors and with skills that could be put to good use. Yet he wasn't any less tense. Slowly, his fingers drummed across the box-fed weapon on his chest.

"Our forces grow; good. But was she followed here? More importantly, do we know where the rest of our allies are? Were any plans of rallying points and hideous shared? Do we have transport, supplies, weaponry, and an exit route?"

This bunker was made for invasions like this but the kuvexians were ruthless. They were far from fools and it wouldn't be a far cry to assume they might be on the lookout for the h-bunkers and whatever Yamatai resistance lay hidden inside. He did not want to see the wounded they had He to see her a flash of pain across her features but it was clear that her strength was even greater than he had anticipated. Such a frail looking body yet housing such fire; there was a fervour in her he knew was beyond the capacities of her physicality.

Excellent; it seems a second in command wouldn't be necessary for now.

"Your name, commander?" He asked, standing by her with on hand resting against the top of his machine gun and bowing his head slightly. "Maleirzwan Agdol-Vazaiyir - Special Personnel Projects."
 

demibear

Game Master
Whoever butt stroke her to the side of the head knew what they were doing. Athena was out for a bit despite Narita's attempt to wake her back up. As she woke up in a daze, she sat up from her position on the floor and rubbed the back of the head. "Someone put all their passion into that hit. My that hurt." She said to herself.

But when she finally opened her eyes up, she saw feet of those standing around her. She raised an eyebrow when she recognized the weaponry. "What is the meaning of this?! Where am I?!" she said in traditional Elysian defiance. She didn't think stating her former rank would mean anything since she wasn't Star Army anymore. Which likely was a good thing at the moment with the infidels slicing and dicing.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
"Your name, commander?" He asked, standing by her with on hand resting against the top of his machine gun and bowing his head slightly. "Maleirzwan Agdol-Vazaiyir - Special Personnel Projects."

She heard the creature or man talk as Ak took a deep breath trying to process of everything that was going on around her. She knew that the Kuvexians were on their doorstep and even surrounding them. Now she knew why they were waiting, to crack the fleets in space and the morale of the people on this planet. Ak still didn't have all the details, but she knew that more was going on at this moment. She looked at the man and her facial expression was that of worry, pain and yet also a burning desire of fighting "Narita, Military Police of New Yamatai district..." She finally spoke and looked around until she heard the Caelisolan and looked at her.

"What is the meaning of this?! Where am I?!"

"My apology for the rough treatment doctor, but it seems you were seen as a potential threat towards this bunker. You are at H-Bunker 789...." She looked at the nurse who just nodded inconfirmation of what she said and continued "It seems that the Kuvexian has finally touched down on our world, I don't know what is going on. But I do know that we need to get a grip on the situation and it starts right here" While it was not her intention, she was taking charge fo the situation and of this bunker "Name and work" She stated looking around as some started to talk.

"Ingemarsson, nurse" Kazue spoke first with her focus not on Narita, but on patients that needed her help. Kazue knew that after her treatment on Narita, she required rest but accepted the fact that the bunker needed a kick under the royal ass to get back in gear.

A large Kodian moved from the side "Aleskeevisch, I am an infantry" Stegnov said formally and stepped back from where he used to stand as another Nekovalkrja looked at the group "Name is Muraoka, this is Christeli we are both also infantry" She points at the Separa'Shan who was quite shy and awkwardly waved her hand. Another two Nekovalkyrja started to talk "Name is Ialdottir, Technician" and the others followed "Yasuhiro, Logistics Specialis"

Nodding towards them all as some others followed but they were wounded and so Ak took them not in an account for now. Maybe after Ingemarsson had cleared them for duty, they could contribute towards the bunker and the fight against the Kuvexians. She took a deep breath and looked at Athena "I believe your name is Stamoules right? Your actions as a doctor in that hospital are known among the soldiers. I believe you are retired?" Ak could use her strength in this bunker together with Ingemarsson and the battles to come. It was no longer an option to step out and quit because your life would change forever and not in their favor.

After hearing the introduction of Athena, she gave her a warm soft smile and looked at the rest "I need information, I need to know what is going on out there, what are we dealing with, how much are we dealing with and what can we do about it?" Ak was asking maybe the obvious questions, but at the same time, it was important questions to keep in mind. Kuvexians had a great number of people to use in this war, even cannon fodder of bugs. Taking a deep breath "I need a few scouts to go out and bring back some report to know what is going on"

Both Yri and Loukia looked at each other and nodded "We will go now, be back in 30 to 60 minutes" They said and they made their move out of the bunker as they could hear some people pleading to be careful out there.

"The situation out there?!" Atsuko shrugs as she bolds her fist "The situation is total hell out there, the Kuvexians have control over most ammo and supply depots and we are in regards to weapons and ammo short-handed. Yes, we can survive for a good week or so, but we need weapons, we need ammo, we need supplies to survive..." Komachi smirks "We need medical equipment as well, sooner as I expected" She ties off a bandage.

"We are also dealing with captured civilians, soldiers and public executions of our people" Stegnov said with sadness in his voice "And communications with any other bunker or whatever is left of the Yamatai army is gone" Komachi spoke with frustration.

Ak was counting on her fingers of what she was hearing and nods slowly "So to sum it up, we don't have a clear view of the situation, we know that people are being captured and transported somewhere, to keep them in line the public executions might be the reason for it. Then we are looking at no communications with the other forces that might be in a bunker and we got a serious storage problem" Ak sighs at that and thinks or a second "Suggestions?"
 

demibear

Game Master
Athena opened her mouth to give them a very motherly and Elyisian verbal talk down about issuing verbal challenges before just whacking someone over the head. But she was stopped once the introductions began to go around. She stood up from her position and dusted herself.

"Athena Stamoules, discharged Joto-Hei. I missed the window for the 6 year retirement." She said, in a typical Elysian proudful voice and a nod. "It was really nothing, I didn't feel right being military anymore and I have some experience with the UOC. Though wasn't expecting to be dragged right back into the war. Perhaps the Great Creator is telling me I shouldn't have left in the first place..."

She then listened to the others. She shot a look at Atsuko. "Supplies will be the key concern for now. Weapons and ammo are nice, but until we can find and link up with other survivors this little gang is not going to have much of an effect. But we might be able to stay under their radar since they seemed focused on fear tactics and exploiting." She wasn't Star Army anymore, but she was going to give them her 2 KS.
 

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member
"There are two methods we have at the moment," Maleirzwan began, his voice turning from the low-register bassy intonation to a scraping high that cut through the frenetic activity the bunker. "We hole up as the ashes settle, emerging when it is safe to; a broad resistance spread across fragments of Yamataian remnants, spying on and sabotaging the Kuvexian threat whenever possible, stealing supplies and networking with allies. We have a home field advantage in that we know all the hiding places they do not, where important staging grounds and resources are, and the locals. The problem is that if they're anywhere near as intelligent as feared, they will be hunting for us with their own brands of rat-catchers and will have already predicted major resistance movements, especially those run by military personnel."

He turned his head but stopped before wherever his eyes were supposed to be behind the bolted-in brown-green plating locked onto Athena's.

"The second method is a reactive one. We strike the hammer while the iron is still hot. That means we have to act sooner rather than later. The kuvexians haven't fully pacified the planet from what I saw on my way towards the bunker. They've defeated its defences but its people aren't any more welcoming than its military was and right now, there are other out there giving them hell and hiding just like we are, preparing to strike or preparing to make this occupation hell for the enemy. The problem is that our window of opportunity is small; the chaos and confusion of the enemy landfall will not be long and if we want to use that to our advantage, then we need to make plans fast."
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
"Supplies will be the key concern for now. Weapons and ammo are nice, but until we can find and link up with other survivors this little gang is not going to have much of an effect. But we might be able to stay under their radar since they seemed focused on fear tactics and exploiting."

Most of the people in the bunker that we're able to contribute towards the general conversation agree with that statement, supplies were a key concern and it would give the options also onto the table to see what they possibly could do against the Kuvexians that were invading them. Ak wanted to give her opinion and noticed that the alien in the room wanted to give his opinion first, she lets him go first to see if it is something they could take into consideration.

"There are two methods we have at the moment," Maleirzwan began, his voice turning from the low-register bassy intonation to a scraping high that cut through the frenetic activity the bunker. "We hole up as the ashes settle, emerging when it is safe to; a broad resistance spread across fragments of Yamataian remnants, spying on and sabotaging the Kuvexian threat whenever possible, stealing supplies and networking with allies. We have a home field advantage in that we know all the hiding places they do not, where important staging grounds and resources are, and the locals. The problem is that if they're anywhere near as intelligent as feared, they will be hunting for us with their own brands of rat-catchers and will have already predicted major resistance movements, especially those run by military personnel."

A decent observation and adds towards the need of the other people in the room. The long term battle was something that even Ak was considering. She smirks a bit thinking that this battle, this struggle could take some time until the Yamatai forces were going to reach Hanako World. She wanted to hear the other option, but in the back of her mind, Ak had a suspicion of what that other idea might be. It was actually also a very logical step if it was the same idea she had.

"The second method is a reactive one. We strike the hammer while the iron is still hot. That means we have to act sooner rather than later. The kuvexians haven't fully pacified the planet from what I saw on my way towards the bunker. They've defeated its defences but its people aren't any more welcoming than its military was and right now, there are other out there giving them hell and hiding just like we are, preparing to strike or preparing to make this occupation hell for the enemy. The problem is that our window of opportunity is small; the chaos and confusion of the enemy landfall will not be long and if we want to use that to our advantage, then we need to make plans fast."

It was indeed in the direction of what Ak was thinking, but again someone interrupted her thinking "And how are you even going to do that, the second method is a suicide method. Yes, we have the element of surprise, but how long do you think we can keep fighting back in the condition we are right now. Keep in mind that we are also out of contact with other Yamatai forces that are all around this planet and still in hiding" Atsuko spoke with concern for her fellow soldiers in the room "Doing this the long term is not a bad thing, we should do the common sense here and fight these bastards the right way. Going at it as heroes is a foolish dream"

"While going down in glory is a fun idea, I would have to agree with that concern. We might be able to soul transfer back into new bodies, but...the UOC can't and people native are stuck on this planet" Komachi added to Atsuko concern as she took a deep breath, but as she wanted to resume the talk the bunker started to shake a few times as both Yri and Loukia returned "Yamatai ships or parts of it are dropping down to Hanako World, that are the tremors you are feeling right now, we require to act now" Yri spoke looking in the direction of Ak who had already grabbed her pistol and looked back at her "Plans?"

Ak shrugs a bit "Gear up people, we go for now with Method Tw, but not with the idea to kill ourselves...we are going up there to rescue any survivor of those ships. Follow my lead upwards and when I say to pull back, we pull back and rethink our situation. But as long as we go up there, we save people. Christeli, Muraoka, and Iarldottir are team 1, Stamoules, Agdol....something and myself are team two, Ingemarsson and Aleskeevich take care of incoming wounded. Move out!" Ak stated as she moved out of the bunker and took the path upwards that leads towards a beach as the sunlight hits her face she required a moment to get her focus and use to the sunlight as she looked up and saw fighters in the air and three ships crashing down. One hit the ocean which was out of reach as her eyes redirect to a Kagai-Class Assault Ship crashing down more close to New Kyoto and in their reach "Team one go to Kagai-Class Assault Ship!" She saw the team members go in that direction and shrugs as she looked at the other ship, a Midori-Class Scout Ship "We take that one team two!" As it slides over the beach and crashes further inland.

Crash site YSS Yoshikiyo

Movin in on the Midori-Class, Ak could see the large clouds of smoke and shrugsas she could hear the firefights as well "Take positions quickly, we need to think before we shoot..." Ak spoke as she took cover behind some debris. Slowly and carefully scanned the area seeing some Rix and Kuv opening fire at some survivors as she shrugs and signals five enemy presence at the location to the others. Then signals to take lock on them and fire when ready.
 

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member
"These five will fall fast but there may be more hiding in wait." Maleirzwan's hefty machine gun cocked menacingly in affirmation as he peered down its sights, his own cybernetics and organics turning his vision into a watercolour maze of targeting cursors, nematode like coils, and pointed-veins. From his perch on the second floor, now the only floor, of a half-decapitated restaurant building, he had a commanding view of the environment and a perfect position to lay down 11.5 MM suppression. His weapon's barrel rested on a bipod, its user laying belly first on the floor and the weapon peeking over a small pile of rubble.

It was also a fine area to focus fire on assuming reinforcements came storming. Where there's fire, there'd be conflagration after all. A stairway a few feet behind him was one route. So was a hole blown into the wall by a stray missile that had simply powered through.

"Prepared for sustained fire if these crudelings survive the initial volleys. May their deaths be swift and horrid."
 
Last edited:

paladinrpg

Well-Known Member
Crash Site, YSS Yoshikiyo

Now Santo Hei Amatsukaze Noa had seen some pretty bad situations in her career. Weird cloaky aliens... MEGAMI going haywire... a battlefield full of wounded infantry... hacked VCE games that mess with your head... and yes, even that one embarassing time a fullsize Minkan almost sat down and squished her! But the 8" mini-neko never thought it could get like this...

Everything had happened so fast: She recalled the emergency super-high-priority message went out from command for all Tenth Fleet assets to immediately fold over to Hanako's World. Having just transferred from the ill-fated YSS Ryujo to the YSS Yoshikiyo, Noa was of course very excited to serve aboard such a vital intelligence gathering vessel and get to experience a battle to boot! But when they got there, it was anything but fun. Heavily outnumbered and outgunned, the Sixth and Tenth fleet were devastated by the Kuvexian waves, each bigger than the last. The Midori-class scoutship tried to avoid the combat zone directly, pulling back closer to Hanako's World as it furiously tried to decrypt and disrupt Kuvexian communications with some success. But as the lines broke, the relatively weak scout vessel was soon besieged by Kuvexian starfighters and aether beam fire. Once its CFS system buckled under the damage, the engines took a direct hit and the smoking Yoshikiyo tumbled into the atmosphere of the paradise world below. With little helm control, it was all the crew could do to crash land it into the soft sand of the beach, though it still skidded miles inland towards a village.

The side airlock had been blown open, and her and 7 survivors were all that stumbled out into the light. Unfortunately for them, they were greeted not by a serene town, but a marauding squad of Kuvexian soldiers and a couple Rixxikor henchmen that had tracked their location. Before the group of Star Army soldiers could take cover behind the bent remains of the Midori scout's lateral sensor array, the air was filled with aether fire and the CO went down with gasp of pain, along with three other crewmen in just AMES environmental suits. The three Mindy 2D suited Infantry Nekovalkyrja immediately formed a defensive line and began to return fire with their LASR rifles, SLAG grenades, and shoulder gauss guns.

And here is where Noa found herself, not in some VCE simulation FPS, but a very visceral life or death situation. Pinned down, all eyes were now on the pint sized red panel, now also filling in for the ship's medic since they were one of the first casualties. But thanks to her trusty FARS acting like a pair of two extra mechanical hands networked to her tinted tech visor, the drone was able to stabilize the lightly wounded members with some fast acting coagulant spray, liquid bandage, and a splint on one of their injured arms. Amatsukaze-Hei's attention could instead be focused on their commander's grievous wounds. "Sanada-Chui, hang in there! I got this," reassured the mini as she floated right above the full size Neko's sucking chest wound from the aether round, trying with all her might to stem the loss of hemosynth blood with a coagulant laced pressure bandage as big as she was, and kick start the healing process. The red haired officer's face was getting paler however, as she struggled to breathe through several broken ribs according to the automated PMS. Noa bit her lip, as she knew deep down that without a medevac stat, they were going to lose her. And with the sounds of gunfire around them hitting closer, maybe for everyone it just might be...

GAME OVER...
gg, Kuvexians...

...nah. That's what a normal Star Army grunt would say to this situation. She was better than that! Any hacker knows when you look like you're gonna lose, it's time to change the game. If Noa could just finish what she started in space decrypting Kuvexian comms frequency this would be a whole different ballgame... but all she could do for right now was hope a friendly unit responded to the 7-line emergency beacon she was broadcasting, before they were overrun.
 
Last edited:

demibear

Game Master
Crash Site

Armed with a simple MPP Type 28, Athena fell back on her training of old to keep up with the infantry. Why the Star Army would be stingy in how they equipped the H Bunkers was beyond her at the moment. Perhaps they thought they would never encounter such a when making strategic decisions.

But she kept the level if analysis to a minimal once they arrived at the site. She couldn't believe people would survive such an ordeal as tumbling from space, but yet there they were and all she had was a pistol.

She waited for the man with the machine gun to open fire before she would even attempt to close in with the pistol.
 

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
Map.jpg
Crash site YSS Yoshikiyo

"Prepared for sustained fire if these crudelings survive the initial volleys. May their deaths be swift and horrid."
Looking at the man, Ak slowly nodded as she saw Athena getting also into position waiting for the rain of bullets to begin. Taking a deep breath as she puts her rifle into position "COVER FIRE" With that she opened fire from the back onto the Kuvexians that were shooting at the survivors of the crash. Two Rix went down almost immediately as the Kuvexians took cover quickly from the fire rate coming from their back. He cursed in his own tongue pointing at Ak team to fire back at it, yet was taken down also by a headshot of hers. She heard more coming in "Backup team...get ready" She pointed out as Ak went to a knee and pointed at the incoming forces, until...

"7-Line: 1-Yoshikiyo-2-1-3-X-4-E-5-N-6-S-7-H"
Cursing now herself, she looked at Athena "Get ready to push forward, Medical extraction needed. I need your skills doc" Ak spoke and looked at Maleirzwan "Cover fire us from behind and follow us afterward, take enemy forces down no remorse. Watch out for friendlies" She barks the orders out as Ak gets once again in position and moves into the open with the rifle in front of her aiming to take down the first Rix, the second was taken down by the survivors. Ak did her best to escort Athena towards the line location and had to duck away for cover on a couple of spots to return fire at them.

Finally reaching the given 7-line location Ak could see a small neko doing her best to keep her Captain alive "Athena" letting her know that she can start her medical treatment, thought Ak knew to see those injuries that it was a done gig for this Captain. Quickly turning around to get the location in check as her eyes go up seeing a fighter or two rush over them and then looked back at the village nearby seeing dropships of enemy forces. She narrows her eyes as this was not going the direction she wanted it to go "Those that can pick up a gun, get ready to retreat, lightly wounded assist your heavy wounded and follow Stamoules back to safe grounds!" Once again giving the orders and looked at the small neko "Narita" She briefly introduced "Does this ship got some juice in it? If so, possible to give it a decent distraction?" The bullets started to get into their direction as Ak shrugs "Open fire!"

Looking back at the beach she shrugs a bit, they were open in the field of view and they needed a good distraction, maybe this small neko could provide that. Ak opens fire at the enemy forces, yet they were more prepared for their forces and Ak knew that this battle would turn quickly in the enemy favor.
 

paladinrpg

Well-Known Member
Crash Site, YSS Yoshikiyo

Little Noa got a glimmer of hope in her pink eyes as her visor HUD suddenly showed a group of blue dots appear amidst the sea of angry red ones, guns blazing and taking down the Rixxikor soft targets. The reinforcements looked a bit rag-tag and sparse compared to what they faced, but she was not about to be picky in a situation like this.

Seeing the Itto Hei MP introduce herself, the miniature red panel popped up into the air at her eye level, as her FARS drone moved in to cover and prepare the wounded captain to be moved. "Amatsukaze-Hei, infowar," declared the pint sized, pig-tailed soldier with renewed spunk, "And one distraction, coming right up!"

A flood of data dashed back and forth wirelessly between Noa's digital mind and the ship's MEGAMI, whom she still had a secure SACN connection open with the entire time. Before she was fixated on beginning to firewall off all sensitive systems to Kuvexian hacking attempts and setting numerous anti-virus subroutines as traps, while backing up sensitive mission data to her own partition -- standard procedure if a vessel was to be lost to the enemy. At Ak's suggestion though, the technician ran a quick diagnostic to see if she had any useful things still indicating functional status and not locked down... two things in particular stood out.

In a few seconds every Nekovalkyrja who was gravity sensitive could feel a huge surge of energy as the dorsal Graviton Beam Projector flared to life, and washed over the group of Kuvexians that pinned them down. The squad of armored aliens before them was likely to be knocked backwards into the sand and dust, punched in the literal gut by enough G Forces to tow a small spacecraft.

At the same time, the Yoshikiyo's 2 dorsal Type 31 Anti-fighter turrets also deployed from their recesses in the hull. Disconnected from the scout ship's main sensors by Noa's security measures, they immediately began targeting and firing in autonomous mode, unloading with their quad barrels on the drop ships and their troops in the distance, adding to the chaos.

The 8" neko drew her mini-laser pistol and landed on Ak's shoulder with a dramatic pose. "Ok, let's blow this joint!" Noa exclaimed, pointing a cute finger toward the extraction route the now fizzling beam projector had made for the group.
 
Last edited:

demibear

Game Master
Crash Site

Athena did her best to support the others and she moved with Ak. But with the peashooter she had, it was not going to make much of an effect. Her the muscle memory of her training kept her from focusing too much on the utter lack of protection she had or the fact one she is one mere moment from meeting their Great Creator.

When she arrived at the captain, her eyes flashed both anger and shock upon seeing the wound. There was a wave of growing anger at the cheapness of the Star Army as she looked at the inferior WickedArms TA-13 Medical Kit and the wound of the aether shot. The shock came when she sees the mini-Neko.

She looked at Amatsukaze-hei and then Ak with her piercing golden-colored eyes. "I can do my best to stabilize the Chui, but this medical kit isn't hit for a Plebian!" She said as she did her best to seal the sucking chest wound by using the plastic packaging of the gauze and silk tape. She looked at the rest, but they looked ambulatory.

"If you happen to have real medical kits, that would be nice. But we have to get out of here now!"

She kept watch over the Chui, looking for signs of a collapsed lung with the plastic covering the wound as she examined the Chui and the others on the move. The Star Army is going to get a very angrily worded letter on SYNC should she survive all of this.
 
Last edited:

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member

The Kuvexians were well armed, well trained, well positioned, and relentless.

From his dusty perch, they were also easy targets.

They scrambled to new hiding spots, covering one another's wild sprints, but they had focused on the yamatai reinforcements directly firing on them. He saw a few trying to set-up a crossfire, splitting into two branches in a V-formation.

How fortunate that his iron sights could easily sweep over both.

Over the din of energy weapons exchanging lashing violence, an 11.5 MM tyrant roared with a weighty thudding report. Disciplined rounds fired in short bursts and surprised bodies jerked and twisted, limbs flailing and death-shrieks uttered as the appropriately named slugger rounds tore first through armour then devoured through flesh. Two rix troopers nearly flew off of their feet as they jerked back from fist sized exit wounds, stumbling face first into the rubble. The kuvexians commanding them scattered but the gun spat faster and meaner than their agility could take them. One threw himself behind cover as the rounds slammed into the turned over car - he rolled out a second later, his torso pouring purple onto the cement. Another tried to return fire only to be riddled with holes, screaming as he dropped his weapon and fell to the ground, clutching at the horrid craters in his collarbone.

Knowing not to push the initiative too hard, Maleirzwan rolled away; just in time for the space he had been crouching on to explode with weapons fire tearing open the floor and blowing through the rest of the wall behind him. The already damaged building shuddered and trembled as Maleirzwan ran from the wild spray of rounds ripping and searching for fungoid flesh. A thin window, half shattered from prior impacts, now exploded fully as he leapt out of the frame with glass spraying around him. Another rooftop too far from his leap - that was, until something erupted from an outstretched hand. A black serpentine blur, legs suddenly splaying outwards and a slender head and grasping limbs snagging at the top of another shorn off wall.

His body jerked but streamlined as he was flung forth, smashing off a corner of the wall before slamming into the ground, breaking into a rough roll. His weapon swept around at a solid wall; his mind's eye remembering the position of the retaliatory fire.

The roar of high calibre wrathfulness; the horrid cries, the ripping flesh, the full automatic annihilation, as short bursts were replaced by sustained spraying streams as the body of the distant guerilla was framed in dust and the widening hole in the wall, growing larger and clearer with every bullet that smashed through its tortured cover. He paused and dashed away even as the return fire came slow; out of the corner of his eye more than a few lay hidden behind cover, allowing the advance of his allies as he followed from the decapitated buildings. A door ahead, shoved open by a rough hand, weapon sweeping hungrily before refocusing - aiming for flanks, praying for death. Old battle hunger he once tamed reared its head and crept in the back of his mind - how fortunate the instruments of divine providence, how blessed the wrathfulness they embody, what great joy upon the fragments of the Awaiting Gateway, the living limbs of the utmost totality rejoice in the highest form of violence.

"Kuvexians are cowering as they should but this magazine is running dry soon. Be prepared for retaliation."
 
Last edited:

RaWolfe

Site Supporter
"If you happen to have real medical kits, that would be nice. But we have to get out of here now!"
The Chui was not looking great, that was certain, but it made Ak aware of the situation that was drawn right here, right now. They were even lacking supplies on the field that cost already many lives and with the incoming waves and drops of Kuvexian and Rixx troops, it was clear they needed to refocus their efforts on these invading forces. Ak finally nodded towards Athena "Got it...there might be supplies at the bunker. Move ahead, we will provide cover fire" She points towards another wounded but able to support others "Help her!" The young soldier nodded and assisted Athena. With that, she could feel the gravity change and look at the charging cannon and narrowed her eyes seeing the cannon doing its work. The enemy forces were pinned to the ground and couldn't move due the immense strength as the automatic defenses popped out the damaged ship and started to shoot.

"Ok, let's blow this joint!"
Getting an oef feeling as the small Neko landed on her shoulder and pointed eventually towards an extraction "Cover fire! Pull back" She barked the orders automatically, not her first intention to take charge, but it was chaos and someone had to step up. Those that were providing cover fire started to pull back as the automatic defenses took over the task of taking the enemy down. Suddenly, Ak could hear a barrage of bullets shooting from one of the wrecked houses towards the enemy and saw that it was the freedom fighter, Ak had to admit that the man was more useful that appearance would state. She started to fire a few times also taking a few Rixx down as she throws a few smoke grenades that she had found at the crash site and finally came to the final line of defense with everyone crossing it and heading towards the beach.

"Kuvexians are cowering as they should but this magazine is running dry soon. Be prepared for retaliation."
She turned towards the man and looked at the south seeing a few dropships "Yea fun theater and religious speak...but we got incoming....move" Throwing the final smoke grenades as she fired another Kuvexian down. Yet even though the smoke, bullets were raining down upon the wounded. Ak had to bite her lips to this coward act and yet had to restrain herself to go full battle rage on her enemy as that would help no one. She and the little Neko were the last to pull back to the bunker. Taking a few steps at the entrance a loud explosion was heard as Ak looked back seeing the smoke coming from the distance at where the ship was crashed. There were so many killed, so much damage and yet Ak had the feeling that this was only the beginning of her fight against these invaders. With that in mind, she walked into the entrance and after going through some tunnels, she finally reached bunker 789.

Map (2).jpg

Walking into the bunker, she could see more people being carried into the remade sickbay as the heavy injured Chui was already being worked on. Taking a deep breath as Ak walked towards the operations sector of the bunker that held the radio and a large table with a few computers. She leaned onto the table taking a breather of what just happened. This situation was a cluster f*ck and knowing the fine details of what just happened would only add to the total image that they were in a downhill situation. Having her eyes closed for a second to take it all in as she heard the voice of Muraoka at her side "Ittô Hei Narita, Team 1 returns with at least 9 survivors and few wounded. This includes laldottir, she is being brought to the Sickbay" As Yri puts her belt right and awaits further report, thought the chaos in the bunker showed what happened "You brought in some haul also..."

Nodding slowly as she opens her eyes "Yea, but to be honest I have no idea what I brought in. The village up north-east is wrecked by the crash and we brought in some survivors, the Chui of the ship is fighting for her life right now" Ak bolds her fist and shrugs "I get the feeling that we are outgunned, outmatched and fighting a mud war....what just happened is an automatic reflects to help and assist our fellow soldiers. But it was pure madness out there...they had troops after troops after troops coming at us" Taking a sign as she looked at Yri who sighs also in agreement "They have a full load of those Rixx bugs, ugly little bastards"

Want to react to that, Kazue leaned into the Operation room "Hei...the Chui didn't make it...I did what I could with the equipment I have. But I can conclude...we are in trouble if we can't get some supplies in this bunker. I don't care who acts but get me those supplies" She shrugs and turns back around to walk back into the sickbay to work on the next patient that was crying for help and mercy. There were a few civilians among the wounded and the situation was getting worse by the minute "I might be able to enlight our situation..." Loukia spoke as she placed a data chip into the operational table and a map appears.

Map (3).jpg

Yri took a deep breath "The situation is dire, Communications array up in the mountains have been taken out, they change the barracks to a prison and control thus the weapon depot....getting in there is going to be difficult but we have not received all information just yet on that situation" She shrugs as she crossed her arms over each other and looked at the map with Loukia nodding to that "To the west the planetary gun is not giving any sound, worth checking out. We don't know the situation at Ovleung, Tumtian, and Haitao, but reports indicate civilians, soldiers being captured and public executions." She taps on the map while looking at the little villages to the south "A ship landed of quite a size in the crossroad taking the position of firing shots at New Kyoto, I don't know how long that city is going to hold it, but to answer the question in your head, the medical supplies is in a depot south of New Kyoto" Yri spoke looking at Ak.

Nodding to all the information as she looked at the map that was based on known data and pure speculations and short scouting. This was a dangerous situation, she looked over her shoulder in the direction of the sickbay and shrugs once again. Ak was in a situation, she rather stayed out but this was now on the table "What is the contact point from any Legion remnants?" She finally asked as she saw Yri shaking her head "No word...." Ak would love to get some input from those people. She hoped at some insight of the others in the room.
 

demibear

Game Master
H Bunker

Athena, being as advanced trained in the medical field for a medic, did her damnest to assist with the treatment of the Chui. But the state of supplies and how the Star Army of Yamatai had stocked the place continued to infuriate her. Neko bodies were supposed to be tough due to both their strength, resilience and ability to repair this kind of damage. But when an aether blasts the chest, that is where advanced medical supplies come into play.

So when the woman finally flat-lined for the last time, a scream could be heard from the makeshift sickbay. Athena did not opt to join in the meeting, preferring to check out their meager supplies. Making a list of what they needed seemed like a far more productive way to cool herself down than sitting in a corner crying to herself. She had an image of a proud Elysian to maintain.
 

AntediluvianIntransigence

Well-Known Member

*Clink*

The magazine was empty. The stream of hateful death came to a pause. The cacophonous din continued but a little quieter this time.

"Affirmative, I'll be joining wi-"

He heard the shouts of the opposition, weapons cocking, and realized that they had been paying far more attention to him than he'd realized. The smoke grenade was covering the hole but it didn't take a genius to tell why.

Immediately, Maleirzwan sprinted again but this time the Kuvexians were ready. This time, the bullets didn't fire directly at him but in front. He cursed as plasteel and metal exploded outwards and stumbled forwards, kicking against the ground to slide. Stings against his body, against his armour, against his flesh. Not deep, at least, he didn't think so. Stimulants began to release in controlled injections as the sensations grew sharper and harsher. There was no time to reload as he turned around the corner, putting another wall between him and them. Eight seconds max before the holes shot through cause it to collapse. Enough time to sling the LMG over his shoulder, pull down the Ignivomon, take note of the sound of a door being kicked in, and swing around to the stairway.

The rix trooper swung up its rifle just in time for a bolt of energized liquid to pass straight through its face, behaving like a round in its semi-solidfied state. It cut into another's body before bursting in a gout of flesh-eating flames, vaporizing lungs and exoskeleton as the desecrated carcass fell worldlessly to the ground. He held the trigger and fired a wild spray, focusing on the assault team rather than the gripping pain battling against the numbing relaxation of the drugs. He didn't notice the now faceless bodied he'd killed first lurch forward and slam into him not with the weight of a dead bug-trooper but a full grown Kuvexian trooper barreling directly into him with its cadaver shield.

His back crashed against a counter with a dull bruising pain before the alien pulled him over it, roaring as it did so and still carried by raw momentum tossing aside the corpse to pull out its sidearm. Maleirzwan struck first, slapping it from its grasp with a rapid backhand. He swung around to drive a knee into its side but it caught his thigh, winding a fist back to smash into his armoured face. Successfully so, jerking his head back and causing him to fall over the counter. His back smashed against multiple rows of bottles now falling and cracking against him and the ground. He shoved himself up to see it pulling up its rifle, the gangly forms of rix troopers moving forward to support.

He had to admit, the kuvexian while smaller was clearly tougher than it looked. However, attacking a seven foot tall brute wasn't his best career move.

Before he could fire, a palm full of shards embedded into its eyes and it screamed in pain, dropping the rifle. The rix troopers hesitated as their commander was yanked over the counter, smashing into the the racks of bottles before disappearing overhead, screaming all the way. This time, he didn't have the advantage of momentum and speed, looking up through his one good eye to see a meaty hand raised. It moved faster than his own could, crushing his nose, then shattering the surrounding bone, dislocating his jaw, smashing through the forehead, again and again in the span of a few seconds.

The rix troopers hesitated, hearing the horrific crunches, before two things flew over the counter and one thing ran from them. One was the kuvexian and the pulpy, unrecognizable mess that was its head. The second was a cluster grenade.

The third was the fungoid commando barreling for the back door.

Maleirzwan leapt through and hit the ground rolling, crashing against another brick wall before scrambling away. An explosion sounded out followed by a series of shrieks and cries from the blinding blast of the cluster grenade's first explosion. Before they could even finish screaming, glass exploded outwards, wood was shredded, and the room turned into a realm of flames and concussive force. One so vicious in its fury that the tortured building was beginning to collapse and crumble. Its sole remaining floor and its battered walls came tumbling down as the confused Kuvxians shouted and drew back from the great storm of dust being kicked upwards.

It was the prefect cover for him to make a mad dash to the bunker. "Open up; the smoke's not going to last forever and they're hungry to avenge their own!"
 
Last edited:
Top