• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Hauler-class Logistics Ship

Toshiro

This is a civilian ship made of SSCC-Huge meant for the Yamataian (home) and Nepleslian (export) markets. It has assorted modules made out of SSCC-XL which greatly alter its purpose, a plasma system which governs both its STL propulsion and weapons, and a sort of side-project born of the modules' development intended for rapid housing. There is also a lot of pricing modifiers and payment plans for the KS and DA. I'm not 100% sure of if the IRC of YE 40 ruined taking both currencies or not, though.

Sorry for all the sub articles, but they're very closely tied together.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The following review is for the SSCC-XL Living Module article and the SSCC-XL Passenger Module article.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ❌ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ N/A ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this sub-article still needs:
  1. I hate to nitpick, but in the Seating Area section of the SSCC-XL Passenger Module article would you mind linking a spacesuit article, please? I only ask because there are several types of commercially-available spacesuits already present in the setting (such as the EM-G1 Emrys Dusk Suit and the EM-G7 Emrys Environ Suit).
  2. In the SSCC-XL Living Module article and the SSCC-XL Passenger Module article, would you mind adding a brief sentence or two to the sections with a "FIXME" in them, please?

Edit: Fixed a minor typo in the review.
Before it gets brought up, yes, I know that the two articles have identical sentences - "copy-pasted content from other articles" - in some areas. For this particular submission and this particular submission only, however, I am officially allowing the presence of such "copy-pasted content" for to the following reasons:
  1. The two articles with "copy-pasted content" are extremely similar to each other in terms of format and intended function; despite this, however, they cannot be combined due to their core differences.
  2. Most of the sections with "copy-pasted content" have other content that is specific to a particular article.
  3. The sections with "copy-pasted content" and no article-specific are considered to contain generic "filler text," which has been and is allowed to be copy-pasted between articles.

Last edited:
The problem with linking a spacesuit article means I need to either obtain the OOC permission of those articles' and companies' creators and possibly the IC permission of another company to resell some other company's product with mine. I also did not want to submit a new generic non-descript spacesuit among the minutia. I acknowledge the merit of fluffing out the setting, but I didn't feel like we needed a new civilian spacesuit article for every single company out there if it didn't offer anything special.

That's where I was coming from. Any thoughts or alternatives?

In the interim, I'll work on the other recommendation.

EDIT: Fixed the FIXMEs in question, just have the spacesuit issue left.

Last edited:
@Toshiro it's a quick fix but you can have one of these and then one of these on your head and that works as a full space suit? buy them in bulk and GH can give you some sweet discounts (because we love to do that lol)

Edit: or you can give me a few days and I can finish an article I have which is perfect for this

I see those are from what the wiki explicitly calls an "independent" company, introducing possible IC political and legal issues since "independant" apparently means "rogue" now. I don't even know if the new IRC YE 40 rules allow my guys to do business with your company or not even if the tech worked out.

Might not be as quick a fix as it seems at first glance.

They're based out of Neshy space and have business licenses with almost every faction (iirc it includes Nepland and Yamland) so I don't know if that helps or not? I mean hell, Yamland bought a bunch of our cold weather suits to keep their soldiers warm.

Then it's probably okay if they have licenses. I still don't buy that every corporation should have to either submit their own generic spacesuit to the wiki or officially buy and re-sell them from another corporation though, lest we have an irrational amount of wiki bloat that rarely sees use or IC communications bloat that makes submissions more of a hassle. I might see it in specific cases (I've actually done it before for quantum computer systems and VCE access), but not for your generic, run-of-the-mill stuff that would be absolutely everywhere in the setting to begin with.

We'll see what Frost thinks when he responds, but I do appreciate the offer whatever happens.

It's totally acceptable in my book to just say space suits. However, I'm not the one reviewing this submission so take that how you will I guess.

For full disclosure, Frost messaged me on discord and asked if I had anything that might help - so no worries

I appreciate it, though really...buying 30 of these at full price would cost several times the actual module itself at these prices and numbers, for something more advanced than was required. My guys would lose money on something the margins are already fairly thin on.

As such, I'd like to stay generic.

Acknowledged, @Toshiro, and thanks for making the offer, @SirSkully. ^v^

The following review is for the SSCC-XL Living Module article and the SSCC-XL Passenger Module article.

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

The following review is for the SSCC-XL Engine Module article and the SSCC-XL Living Complex article.

[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

The following review is for the Hauler-class Logistics Ship article.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. @Wes (or @Nashoba), the Faction Manager of the Yamatai Star Empire, needs to post his approval of the submission in this thread.

This review includes the following sub-articles:

Thanks for being patient while I reviewed this submission, @Toshiro! ^v^

[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

This review includes the following sub-articles:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back