• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Galactic Horizon [HEF] Second Expedition - A Greener Future

club24

Everything Is Magical
RP Date
YE 41 (March)
RP Location
Jui'Varen II, Neshaten space
It had been several months since Galactic Horizon had moved to their new home on Jui'Varen II within the territory of The Kingdom of Neshaten, during those long cold days their new HQ building had been drawn up and constructed while the crew of the original facilities lived on-board the ships they borrowed from Section 6 now known as the New Dusk Enclave. With the Black family raring to go with new vigor the manufacturing and distributing of Horizon products had skyrocketed since the new HQ was completed, to go along with the increase of the business a special project was established on Riccard's order.

Upon its completion, Galactic Horizon came into possession of a large cruiser of their own. The Abyssal class cruiser, "Nomad". Since the addition of this cruiser the company had been sending shuttles to map and explore the surface of their new home.

Jui'Varen II
North Pole
Galactic Horizon New HQ
Underground Hangar

Riccard, Donvan and Kryss Black all stood atop a small stage in the hangar with several SkyHawks behind them. The Horizon Expeditionary Force had taken a back seat on the priority list since the end of their first trip, some of the members had moved on or gone back to old homes in the time since.

Stepping forward Riccard cleared his throat before addressing the new team which had been put together with the security force and a few offworld mercenaries who'd offered their services for a price. "Ladies and gentlemen, most of you know me already but for any who don't I am Riccard Black, the CEO and founder of Galactic Horizon and for all intents and purposes your new boss and source of income for the job you're about to undertake." The man gave a warm smile to the assembled crowd before continuing. "As you all know this is going to be the second expedition, a journey to the equator of this new planet to study the flora, fauna and climate of our new home. The ships you see behind us are the first three SkyHawk shuttles ever built and have been custom designed for the HEF with a slightly larger interior and cargo space as well as reinforced outer plating in the event of any weather anomalies. I'll now hand you over for a word from my two partners in crime, not that any of us are actually coming along but these are the people responsible for your paychecks at the end of the trip."

A younger man about half the age of Riccard and with a lot of shared features with the blonde older and similarly blonde man brought his hands together in a solitary clap before stepping forward, casting icy-blue eyes over all the assembled people before finally speaking.

"Fair tidings all, I am Donvan Black, Galactic Horizon's head of Public Relations and the son of our CEO here - while yes I will not be coming with you this time I just have a few guidelines to bring up that should be common sense but I'd just like to avoid any confusion further down the line," Donvan smiled as he brought one hand up to begin listing off points on his fingers.

"For starters... don't go putting anything where it doesn't belong, secondly remember that any mishappenings on the expedition can reflect poorly on us and well having the people paying you take a hit in their public facade only makes the competitiors happy, lastly just have fun with it if you can - within reason of course," the playboy-esque human continued, coming off as rather well-spoken and charismatic as the words flowed out his clean-shaven jaw.

"That's all from me for now, I'll pass you on to my other half," Donvan finished, a faint bow before taking steps back to his prior position.

Finally, the shorter but no less blonde sister stepped forward. "Morning everyone, I'm Kryss and usually I run errands for corporate dealings but for the time being I'll be working with the playboy you just witnessed as the HQ contact for the HEF. As it's already been said we don't want to hear about any user caused problems during the next few days, and that goes for useless info too, just because we're blonde doesn't mean we want to hear about how your latest attempt to pickup a chick in the bar went." Pausing for a moment she brought out a small device and held it up. "This is a basic level tracking device, everyone's helmets is equipped with one as well as all the vehicles and weapons being taken on the trip, they are for security as well as to help us map the area. Do not tamper with them. That's all from us, further instructions will be given when the expedition leader Brin arrives but until then you may discuss among yourselves."

Last edited:
Sitting at the back of audience, Andrew Wilson listened carefully. When the tracking device was mentioned, he took a look at his helmet. He found it quickly and noted the location of it, should it ever be needed. As the meeting cam to close, Andrew stood up and stretched, wandering over to the wall of the hanger and reading a few shipping labels on crates. He paced around, wondering if any of the old crew members from the first mission were even still around. He began scanning the crowd for any familier faces. As he did, his eyes wandered to the SkyHawks. He didn't know much, and would have to hope there was another engineer around to show him the ropes.

"They're... smaller in person, huh," a voice came from behind and a little to the left of Andrew before its owner wandered into view, a mousey ginger humanoid in round-lensed glasses, the one exposed ear belonging to this slim figure with flawless skin (no doubt part of their elven heritage) that was all wrapped up in a sciences uniform that read the surname 'McGregor' over the left breast had a small point at the top - it was unclear what exactly they were but the hazel-speckled eyes of green offered the engineer a little smile and then a hand.

"Lexi McGregor, botanist," the fellow Galactic Horizon employee introduced themself, standing at a modest height of 5'8" it was quite the angle to look up into the towering engineer's eyes, warm smile prevailing even with the overstuffed Porter Pack and the rifle slung to it looking about ready to topple the half-elf.

Last edited:
Letting out a big sigh, Calanthe wrapped her tail around herself. Just as she was getting used to the cool climate of Osman, she gets taken to a place even colder! Good thing she invested in a bulk of lip balms. ‘Hmmm..’ Maybe she should get a new jacket as well..? Nevermind. She shook her head and tried focusing on the future ahead of her, and not whether her peachy lips will stand the unbearable cold or not. The Separa woman already felt all the pressure of her new responsibilities, especially now that she’ll have to take care of the expeditionary force. Nonetheless, she decided to slither behind the crowd, trying to find a face she recognizes.

Crowd

Argus was in a similar situation to Calanthe, going from an air-conditioned lab on a desert planet to an ice cap on a new world meant that his new labs were always heated for himself and his other scaly companion who he now spied looking lost in the crowd. Despite the fact that their expedition team was only about 50 strong there was a crowd of all sorts gathered in the hangar bay, waiting for the orders to mount up and roll out.

Argus slithered over and firmly placed a hand on her shoulder, "Well Miss Brongus, I wasn't expecting to see you on this trip. Have you gotten one of the CC Suits for yourself yet, we're going to need them out there for the first leg anyway." The green Venis said bluntly, looking over her shoulder and scanning the crowd. He had only known Calanthe for a few months, she'd joined up with them before they left Osman but in that time he'd seen her abilities as a medical professional grow and dared to say he trusted her skills in the field which is what he assumed she was doing on this mission.

"Have you ever carried a gun before, or killed something? We may be scientists and medical practitioners, but we're also pioneers for this planet and we don't know what's out there." Argus said coolly, one hand moving to sit casually on the Trike Shotgun he had slung over his torso, a tactical vest covering his scales with several pouches of ammunition as well as two sidearms. Before joining Horizon he had been a pirate of sorts after all, something he was yet to tell his red scaled lab partner.

SkyHawks

Before Andrew had a chance to answer Lexi, none other than Ivan appeared from within one of the shuttles and indiscreetly joined in their conversation.

"Mornin Andy, mornin Lexi, you twos ready to hit the skies in these bad boys?" The shorter engineer called out, sidling up to the pair with a large wrench almost comically resting over one shoulder as he looked back at the ship he'd just exited. "Dun worry about tryin ta figure these uns out Andy, we's only gonna be on em for a short time, no need for us grease monkeys in that trip eh?" The Nepleslian said noticing Andrew's worried look he was directing at the shuttles.

Podium

As the three members of the Black family stepped back Riccard pulled his children in for a quick word. "Alright you two, let's try to avoid what happened last time we tried this, no one was at fault for that but we have better intel this time, a solid team and you two at the helm from home with no god awful sandstorm in the way. I can't stick around I'm afraid, needed for a few meetings with the Kingdom once again, make sure to contact me when the team is setting up base camp and I'll send the Nomad back with the extra gear for them."

Kryss nodded at her father and flashed a cocky smile, putting one arm over Donvan's shoulder and making a thumbs up. "Don't worry dad, compared to trying to outplay the corporate drones out there this will be a piece of cake. I'll fetch Brin and let him know to get the teams assembled soon."

At the back of another of the shuttles stood Anna and Bella, the resident adrenaline junky twins employed to test gear people were too scared of, presently arguing about who would ride their RedBack out of the cargo bay in mid flight first. Both dressed in their custom Armored Racing Suits with helmets held under one arm.

While observing the crowd, Calanthe suddenly felt a hand firmly placed on her shoulder, leading a chill down her spine. Her tail banged onto the floor out of surprise, as her gaze went to her green skinned colleague. ‘Gods, Argus!’ She placed her hands on her chest and let out a big sigh. ‘Nope, haven’t gotten one yet.’ Nonetheless, she rolled her eyes and let out a laugh as well. ‘It’s good to see you here too, guy.’

Calanthe’s blue eyes widened and looked at Argus’ shotgun when he asked her his question. ‘Well.. yes. I was taught to hunt for my own food back when I was still a snakelet. And about the gun thing...’ She couldn’t help but smile, and quickly continued her story. ‘My dad used to own one. I accidentally shot a hole in the wall and wasn’t allowed to use one ever since.’ She chuckled. Her tail slowly wrapped around her, as she cleared her throat. ‘But I guess I’ll have to make an exception now.’

"Everyone is tall from some perspectives." A soft, Cultured voice mused to himself upon hearing the blacks heights and statures brought to question. At barely three foot tall if standing on his toes and wearing his expedition cap, The large uplifted raccoon had recalled the first expedition and having to stand on a crate just to make eye level with some of the crew.

It had also been to stay out of reach of strange child of a spacer family, But that had been beside the point.

"Yes yes yes yes." He mused again, careful in his waddling gait to wander around while simultaneously stuffing his mouth full of salted crackers as crumbs spilled off his poncho. He could chew and speak, The cybernetic voice enhancer hidden under the fur on his throat made him a natural ventriloquist and some would say was the least weird thing about a twice normal size raccoon that could walk and sounded with more refinement than most elysians. "Rather nice to get out of this cold and closer to an equator i should think."

Trash Panda
had been part of the first expedition. Hired on as a cartographer the uplifted nepleslian raccoon had played a minor part in the first expedition. Opting to spend the entire trip hidden in wheel wells and behind whatever he could find as what he was promised as a peaceful venture turned into the closest thing he had ever know to a warzone. He was no pushover in a fight, Not that he was prone to violence like most nepleslians, But had none the less opted for personal survival over most of the others fighting in the first job.

Since then a small few ventures and jobs had kept him linked to the galactic horizon company. He didnt do it for the pay, In fact short of a stipend for equipment and food he committed most pay all together. No he was a true adventurer at heart and the company offered him all he could want and more in such trips. Not to say there weren't other opportunities. The spacer world of freehold was habitated once more after its death, And adventure called in its tunnels. And new worlds where discovered in the frontiers every day! But Trash was just one raccoon and could only travel so far...

"I should hope theres no sandstorms this time. I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere!"

Podium

"Lightning doesn't tend to strike the same place twice unless people erect a lightning rod or something similar, right? fret not father dearest, all should go smoothly," Donvan reassured his father with a perfectly saintly smile, blue eyes dipping shut for a moment as the male twin let his sister lean against him, looking down to her face before speaking, "Right then, you handle that and I shall rouse the twins before departure hm? agreed, good plan," Donvan didn't give his sister a chance to respond as he turned to approach the twins with decidedly purposeful steps.

"Anna, Bella, greetings! I trust you two lovely specimens are excited for this? though hopefully you'll be swerving to avoid more trees than gunfire this time," the blonde man chuckled, leaning one elbow against a nearby crate.

Skyhawks

"Ah, hello Ivan," Lexi turned around to offer the other engineer a smile, their rather average height feeling rather diminutive next to the two large men though a smile stayed on zer face regardless. "Well enough, I guess performance anxiety is kicking in a little now that I'll have a whole team watching my every move but nothing too serious, yourself?" the half-elf tucked their ginger hair over to one side as ze backed up a little to avoid getting a sore neck from all the looking up - adjusting their round-lensed glasses a little before both hands went to support the overpacked Porter Pack's shoulder straps.

Crowd

"Likewise it pleases me to know that there is more than one medic on this trip, here I had a spare just in case." The green man spoke while taking a Rock Salt rifle from its position across his back and handing it to Calanthe, it would be effective against anything up to their size but any bigger and the heavy troops would have to step in. "Its only a light powered rifle should be a good start for you anyway. We should have medical packs already on these shuttles for us too so we don't need to worry about that yet, I'm going to head over and board. Want to come along?" Argus turned to face her as he began slithering away and flashed the briefest of smiles as he spoke.

SkyHawks

"Roger that boss man, long as no one shoots at us points are getting scored by near misses and backflips only." Anna chimed as Donvan approached them.
"So you're not coming along with us Donvan, er, sir?" Bella spoke, it was odd to think the most important people would be coming along without having to ask but everyone knew that Donvan especially was no normal boss' son when it came to projects of the company.

"Yeah Yeh, I knows what ya mean there Lexi it can be a lil strange goin out on mission for t'first time. Me m'self, em doin alright f'now but avn't had a chance to go up in these uns before now, fresh off th'line them SkyHawks." Ivan finished his somewhat coherent sentence and nodded to himself and cast his gaze over the three shuttles stood silently once more, however, their silence was soon broken by the humming as each ship in turn fired up their engines and began pre-flight checks.

Backstage

Kryss left her family members and headed back out to the prep rooms behind the stage to find their expedition leader. Knocking at his door briefly she let herself in and found the security head kitted up and ready to go already, nearly colliding in the doorway. "Ah Brin I was just coming to fetch you, it's about that time isn't it." The blonde woman said casually as the beefy nepleslian chuckled.
"Indeed it is Miss Black, so is everything sorted for me out there?"
"Ivan and Andrew are already waiting, Ivan has climbed around in the back of one of the SkyHawks already. Argus and Calanthe are accounted for so medical staff are present, and the rest of the science gang and your security force are ready to board." Kryss answered handing him another magazine from the table as the man searched his vest for the rogue item.

Podium

Brin took the ammunition with a nod of thanks before strolling out the door and onto the podium, Kryss in tow. Reaching the podium the security officer flicked on his earpiece and mic combo while holding his helmet under one arm. "Morning all, some of you will already know me but for those that dont, I am Brin Bluestone, Chief of Security here at Galactic Horizon and the expedition leader for this mission. As the slight briefings leading up to today would have explained, this is a recon operation with exploration and discovery at its heart, no more bandits and sandstorms ladies and gentlemen!" The man said with a huge smile, earning a few cheers from the members of the first expedition back on their old dustbowl of a planet. "We're going to leaving in 10 minutes so every do your final gear checks then pick a ship, these shuttles are just getting us beyond the border of the ice caps and snowfields then we'll be establishing a base camp and setting up ground operations. Vehicles will be dropped off tomorrow morning so, for now, it'll be the gear on your backs, three shuttles and a few redbacks and basic supplies." With that, he raised up his helmet and secured it atop his shoulders with a small click before jumping down and heading towards the shuttle on the left, adorned in the patented black and gold colours of Horizon.

"This ship is Hawk Leader, the other two are Hawk 1 and Hawk 2 and each has its assigned number painted on the hull, remember this whenever you need to refer to a ship during the expedition." He finished before walking over to speak with Trash Panda. "Glad to have you along once again, sorry the last one didn't quite end up being how it was advertised, but the Neshaten have assured us there is none of their people or outsiders on this planet. Which means the worst we will face is native creatures, and you'll get to properly help map this world now too."

Despite the cold, Calanthe wiped the sweat off her forehead and held the rifle in her arms. Is she really going to shoot something with this, or just other walls? ‘Uhh.. Right! But I kinda need.. one of those CC coats.’ The brunette said, realizing how cold the planet was, and shivering again. She wrapped her arms around herself and reached her tail towards Argus’, attempting to stop him. ‘Mind telling me where I could find one first? I mean, I’m mentally ready, but not physically ready to freeze to death!’

SkyHawks

"Please, when have I ever asked you two to call me sir? I may look like him but I promise you I'm not my father... alas I wish I could be coming with you two but I need to go sit at the big kids' table today," Donvan offered with that same innocent smile, looking blissfully unaware of any double entendres that may be pulled from his words.
"Though is there anything I can help with before you depart? why it'd be my honour to assist the coveted duo of Anna and Bella," the blonde man finished with a curious tilt of his head before turning towards Brin's speech.

Lexi on the other hand was about to return Ivan's pleasantries when the roar of engines and then Brin's deep voice cut the half elf off, ze patiently waited with a kind smile before turning back to Ivan with a nod, "Well I'm glad to hear you are doing alright then, I'll keep your sagely advice in mind though I should probably stop stalling you..." Lexi offered with an awkward chuckle before refocusing on the man with an odd accent.

"A pleasure as always, Ivan, Andrew," the mousy half-elf excused themselves with before moving to hop up into one of the ships, finding the strange little raccoon creature odd enough to warrant a slight detour, "I... can't say I've ever met one of your people before, uh I'm Lexi and you are...?" the ginger asked with a head that cocked sideways curiously, their attention all but stolen away by Trashpanda's unique situation.

Crowd to SkyHawks

Time saw the young clone a little on the late side for the meet up with the others for the Horizon Expedition Force. She’d had a meeting with the Personnel Resources department, to make sure she was registered as an employee, and then it was off to accounting to make sure she is set up to getting paid, then she had to go and make sure her stuff, as well as additional gear, was prepared for her use.

She took time to getting dressed, in the CC specifically, and the uniform so that the cold wouldn’t affect her or distract her work and she was properly dressed as an employee. Now, as she slithered up to the crowd, she heard the announcement so she made sure her gear was properly stored before she made her way to the ship. Fortunately, that didn’t take too much time, despite the number of people and with that, she made her way to the shuttle. The shuttle so beautiful, so majestic looking she couldn’t help but admire it, but she remembered she had to go in, so she did so, glancing to the people around her thinking of the new friends and allies she’ll make here, and how her violence will be for defense rather than offense.

She didn’t know it, but ahead of her, were actually one-half of the genetic donors that had given her life.

Crowd

Argus felt the other tail and stopped, looking back to Calanthe he nodded thoughtfully. "Well we should have some in the gear rooms still. Much as I hate to admit it I could benefit with one also." The green serpent flicked his tongue several times in annoyance, showing weakness wasn't his style especially to a colleague like Calanthe, but he couldn't help the fact he was cold blooded and needed to keep warm. Argus slithered off towards the far wall of the hangar, motioning for the red pythus to follow him, they'd have to be quick or risk missing the boarding. Like his genetic clone of a daughter, he had no clue that she had arrived here at the same time as he happened to be working for Horizon.

In only a couple of minutes the pair reached a storage locker area and were able to retrieve a CCS for themselves. Argus wasted no time removing all his tactical equipment to then slip into the heated clothing and looked over to his assistant. "Need any assistance, assistant?" He said with an almost teasing tone.

Skyhawks

Anna and Bella looked at each other before giving a pair of wicked grins as they faced Donvan once more.
"You have to promise us."
"That if we come back alive, with a trophy."
"That you will grant us one wish."
The two girls ran up and each gave a friendly punch to one of his arms before rushing off waving behind them, laughing and giggling as they hopped aboard Hawk Leader beside Lexi and Trash Panda. It didn't take long for the twins to notice that there was a new Separa with them, and she looked just like their resident horror surgeon too. "Oh hey there, I'm Anna and this is my twin Bella. Are you related to Argus by any chance? Cause you look really similar to him."

Ivan waved to Lexi as they hurried off before climbing onto Hawk 1 with some other technical personnel and a few crates of supplies.

Skyhawks

Iriss blinked when she was set upon by the twins, who appeared to know Argus. She honestly thought of asking them about him, but she was unsure if it would be weird. “It’ss, uh, complicated,” She said on the topic of Argus, in the end, she decided she should get to talking to him before she said anything. “I am honored to meet you both, Anna and Bella, I am new to the company, just joined today, and just finished dealing with the registration sstuff. “ She said to the two.

"Im genuinly looking towards the experience, Mr.Bluestone" The fat raccoon tilted his head, bemused. "Though in my experience the native fauna can sometimes prove more adversarial than armed men."

With a curt nod Trash excused himself towards one of the ships before he was approached, An animalistic instinct warning him of someone in his blindspot before he picked out which of the many scents it belonged to.

"You've never met a nepleslian?" He chuckled, his teeth gnashing slightly to try to simulate a smile with some effort before offering up his gnarled and strange clawed hand in greeting, The tips filed neatly to avoid harming others and to make grasping and working with intricate equipment necessary to do his job easier. "Well you've met one now i dare say! I look forward to working with you Ms.Lexi ..." He paused. Trash had met a small spattering of elves both half and full. And could never quite guess their gender the same way you could say, a nepleslian, And wasnt sure if he was right in his guess.

"Trash Panda is my name. But many of my associates and close friends call me Racc." He gave up considering how irrelevant it was to know the answer to that question and gestured towards one of the ships as he started a slow waddle towards its open hatch. "We should depart, I'm the cartographer for this expedition after all, Might as i inquire as to your role on our little adventure if you could forgive my curiosity you dont see many of the fair folk in this part of the sector and your expertise has me genuinely curious!"

Calanthe softly bumped her fist against Argus’ arm, laughing at his tongue. ‘Glad I’m not the only one, then! Let’s go.’ Calanthe followed Argus, clumsily holding the gun against her chest. She slithered at an easy pace, but after realizing what time it was her eyes widened and she rushed towards Argus, almost hitting others with her tail.

Arriving at the lockers, Calanthe buried her face in her hands. ‘Well.. There are no changing rooms here, are there?’ She put her gun on the floor and grabbed a suit from the locker. She averted her gaze and turned her back towards Argus, taking off her apron, and figuring out how to put the suit on. ‘Wait a minute, these are bodysuits? I thought they were coats! ..Ugh, nevermind.’ Calanthe turned red and quickly tried stuffing her tail into the suit. ‘Well, I could use some assistance here,’ she groaned while turning her head towards her colleague. ‘make it quick please, we don’t have much time left, Doc.’

Lockers

"Well, there is some just down the hall but you grabbed the wrong suit." Argus pulled out Calanthe's specially designed suit with an extended section for the tail that ended in a sort of skirt instead of a full body suit. "Don't you read the company noticeboard every day?" He said with a disappointed expression, before moving over to help her switch to the proper suit instead. "These things were made for us since we're the only Separa'Shan here, you truly are a weird one."

Skyhawks

"Well you joined at the right time then, we get to go exploring!" Anna said cheerily before grabbing one of Iris' hands while Bella grabbed the other.
"Let's go!" Together the twins dragged the poor girl onto the ship laughing and cheering.

"Hahah, you do have a point there Rac, luckily we have plenty of gear to defend against fauna or even flora. After all its not like animals wear body armour." Brin said before he climbed into the Hawk Leader and took a seat beside the pilot, picking up a handset he gave his next announcement. "All hands prepare for takeoff, clear the floor." Within moments several of the other GH technicians had moved the fuel lines and empty supply crates off the hangar floor. Yellow lights began flashing along the walls of the hangar as the ceiling opened up to reveal the snowy gale outside. When the doors had finally opened the elevator mechanism beneath the floor kicked in and all three ships began rising upwards.

Argus meanwhile had gotten onboard Hawk Leader after finally helping Calanthe with her suit, despite the fact he'd gotten on the ship with the rest of the hired helpers and new employees he hadn't caught sight of Iris. The snake surgeon's mind was elsewhere, going back into the unknown with nothing but the gear on his back and a group of comrades. It reminded him of his pirate days when they used to go after hidden facilities and other gangs.

Hawk Leader INT

"Welcome aboard employees, please take your seats and prepare for takeoff. Once airborne the journey to base camp will be approximately 20 minutes, during this time it is recommended to study local satellite images and prepare all personal equipment." The calm voice of the AI played throughout the shuttle as its engines fired up, a low humming increasing in volume as the ship warmed up.

Skyhawks

The young Separa’shan found their energy, unbelievable, and almost comforting to witness that is before her new friends were grabbing her hands and she was pulled along with them. Her ears picking up their laughter and cheers.

Yes, Iris had to admit these two girls were very energetic, and she honestly preferred their company to her past ones, specifically the pirates she grew up with rather than the Separa’shan she had met who were kind to her. If she did meet Argus and things weren’t so good there, she knew at least she’ll have friends. She followed along while allowing the girls to lead her, making sure to pay attention to where they were going rather than at people, because if she had she’d have noticed Argus.

As she followed the girls to what she hoped would be the seats, she heard the AI speaking, welcoming them aboard the ship, and she heard what was recommended. She thought that seemed like a good idea. So she hoped to study things before they arrived since she hoped that it would help her.

‘Wait.. Really?’ The brunette took a look at the former bodysuit and realized that there were two leg spaces, for bipedal people. Calanthe quickly shifted glances around the room and threw the bodysuit back into the locker where it came from. ‘Man, I nearly forgot about that thing.. Oh well.’ She wrapped her red tail around herself, sinking herself into it. The discomfort and embarrassment could nearly make her cry. Nonetheless, she got up, flicked her tongue and let Argus help her get into her suit. ‘Says you.’ Calanthe said, preening her shoulders, before grabbing her gun and slithering back to the Skyhawks.

After some bickering with her green colleague, Calanthe too, got on board of the ship. In the meantime she managed to get her medical gear (just on time!), which she held onto tightly. Just the thought of unknown grounds was nerve-wrecking, especially since she never left the labs in the old facility. She tapped her tail onto the ground and fidgeted with her hands, not sure what to expect from this journey.

Skyhawk Leader INT

Inside the ship Anna and Bella finished dragging the poor Separa to a few spare seats where one sat either side of her. "So how many of you people turn out green like you anyway? We thought Argus musta been the only one since Calanthe showed up and she's red and brown. And the others who have come on trade business before were red as well." They chimed together. Anna also took out a small tablet and brought up the images mentioned by the AI of their base camp location, "Hey look there's a river nearby we can swim in if we're lucky!"

Argus himself found a spot near the back, close to the loading ramp if anything was to go wrong and so he could disembark before anyone else when they arrived, he didn't feel like getting stuck amongst all these warm bodies who would no doubt 'ooh' and 'aahh' at the sudden change from icy peaks to lush jungles and forests which were sure to populate the equator. "Stay close to me if you don't want to get swept away when we land, being the first off has its benefits after all." The ex-pirate looked over the fear he'd brought with him, several different grenades along with the shotgun and extra ammunition. "And be sure to study those images, we need to get the optimal location near that river for a medical tent, fresh water like that is invaluable for field medics on an expedition like this."

The voice of the AI chimed in once again as the doors to each craft were sealed and the noise of the engines increased, sending a deep rumbling through the ships as they shuddered in place. The powerful thrusters fired a few times during the last minute checks while each shuttle was still clamped to the floor before said clamps were disengaged and the trio jerked into the air, hovering in place and sending whirling storms of ice and snow flying all around them.

"The shuttles are now taking off, please remain seated for the duration of the flight to avoid endangering yourself and others."

Almost as soon as the message ended each ship lifted higher into the air and moved into a V formation with the leader at the back point, with a roar the Skyhawks shot moved onwards and upwards, the speed gradually increasing until they were cruising comfortably above the surface, scenes of ice and snow soon giving way to ocean with distant landmasses of greens and oranges.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back