• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hejsan!

Livgardist

Inactive Member
Hello, guys.

I've known about this place for a long time - we're talking years - but I haven't ever gotten around to joining. I think the Wiki and stuff scared me a bit. But now I have a sudden and violent urge to join and engage in some massive good ol' fashioned sci fi roleplaying.

Name's Henrik. I'm a Swedish citizen living in the United States with my wife and stepson. I've spent some time in the Swedish military (3+ years), and I'm deeply interested in real life security politics and military matters. This also bleeds into my roleplay genres of choice, which most of the time is military science fiction. Thus, here I am.

If I were to go into even more details, I would continue by saying that as a former infantryman (and royal guardsman), I favor my characters being infantrymen, possibly sometimes special forces. But the key element is that they are grunts - good at what they do, but in the end, just soldiers. Not officers, not technicians per se, not manning ships or giant cannons. In other words...cannon fodder. The rockstars of any country's army. :cool:

Oh, and I love vintage suits. 30's, 40's, 50's, with reluctance 60's (No pleats on the pants. What the heezy...?), and with a selective mindset, 80's suits as well.

Anyways, enough about me. I will try and get myself started with a character in the next few days - although I certainly hope I can get it done tonight by the latest if I end up having time.

Heyo Swedo =3=/ drop by the chat sometime or if you have any questions. We can be pretty solid on helping you out with any questions since the wiki can be most definitely intimidating for new blood.

There's also a few plots that need grunts >:3

Welcome, Henrik! It sounds like we have a lot in common and I think I like you already! I'm very happy to have you finally join.

I am going to take a guess that you are also a lover of uniform design.

Hey, thanks, guys!

I took an hour and whipped up a rough first of my character. I'll probably pour more work into him later on, but here is a link for now.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:nasif_jaron

Oh, and Wes, definitely. Unfortunately I'm terrible at drawing, but I love seeing different countries' and fictional RP uniforms. Though, while admittedly I might be biased, I'll always like the Swedish Army uniforms the best.

Like this one;
https://strikehold.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/sweden03.jpg

And the one I used to wear as a Royal Guard. :cool:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Utn9EIPgi7I/maxresdefault.jpg

(That's my old platoon, btw. I might be in there somewhere, but the picture is too grainy to tell....)

Heyo Swedo =3=/ drop by the chat sometime or if you have any questions. We can be pretty solid on helping you out with any questions since the wiki can be most definitely intimidating for new blood.

There's also a few plots that need grunts >:3

I just edited the profile and put the 309th as my preferred plot. I would love to join that if you guys would have me, maybe even as squad marksman? :D

Figured I'd put it here in-case you missed it, but in the meantime: https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/index.php?chat/

There's the chat. It works better for faster communications =3=b I will say, however, that the Interregnum isn't grunts. It's more in line with special forces/Black Ops, as the IPG are commandoes/terrorists/the CIA of Nepleslia.

Another big thing is that to join the 309th, one needs to contact Wes for access to the +18 boards =3=b plot has to be there due to some of its content.

Aah, gotcha. I'll do that then!

But yeah, I'm shooting for the 309th now. Maybe in the future I'll have him try some other plots, but I think the 309th seems like a good place to start him out.

A Swede! Unacceptable, unless you swear fealty to Norge. ^_^

It's a pleasure to have you here, Henrik. Welcome to the Star Army Role-Play.

Thanks, man! :D

I wil not swear fealty to anybody other than His Majesty Carl Gustav the 16th, the King of Sweden, Commander of the Royal Guards Company....but I am very happy to see a fellow Scandinavian here. :D:p

RPG-D RPGfix
Back