• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hello All

Chaos Havik

I'm a new member to what seems to be an awesome forum. I've had some PBP experience before mostly in RPG Crossing where i found the link to here and I look forward to RPing with everyone here.

Greetings and welcome!

To get you started, have a look at the New Player's Guide to get a brief overview of the major factions and how the site works. The SARPiverse is enormous, so spend some time browsing the wiki (which can be reached via a link in the bar on the top of this page). There is a lot of information on there, so don't feel like you have to know it all, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to! I don't think anyone here is an expert on everything, but between all of the active players, somebody is bound to have the answers you're looking for.

There is also a list of active plots that you can choose from to cut your teeth on. In order to get better acquainted with the setting, I would strongly reccommend that you look into joining one of the long-running, established plots. Unfortunately, it seems that Nepleslian plots are lacking currently, and the ones that are running are moving at a relatively slow pace, so while you do have that option if Nepleslia is more attractive to you, Yamataian plots are far more numerous.

There are also a number of independent plots running if you prefer to play a civilian, mercenary, corporate employee, or freelancer-type character that is not part of any major faction military.

Alternatively, you can go to the Open Roleplaying forum and get right to RPing, since getting prior approval for your character is not required there. It is, however, considered good ettiquette to talk to the original poster of a thread before jumping in. That is, of course, unless you prefer to start your own and try to attract other players to RP with you there.

Whatever your tastes, the best thing you can do right now is take your time absorbing as much information as you can until you're comfortable enough with a specific area of the universe you're most interested in to get started there, and never stop referring to the wiki. I should point out that there is currently a big push to get some less detailed areas of the universe better fleshed out, so if you see anything that looks out of date or isn't clear to you, speak up! We can get it fixed easily, given that the right people get involved, or at least help you better understand it.

Don't be shy with your questions, and happy RPing!

Greetings, @Chaos Havik, and welcome to the Star Army forum! Good to have you aboard. Let me know if you need anything or have questions.

Selamat Pagi/Malam @Chaos Havik and welcome to the grand epic known as Star Army. to answer your question its generally a good idea to find a plot you desire to join first, and converse with the GM, or take part in some Open RP to get used to the setting, before creating your official character. However, there's nobody that will stop you from making the character first and then discussing it with a GM. However, as stated its a good idea to get the ball moving before you start the character so you can know what skills would come in handy for your team and there for make your character the most useful to the certain plot you desire, there are other reasons as well but when I first joined that was a big issue in joining plots.

I hope that we can be great friends and hope at some point soon we'll be able to RP together! Salud on joining SARP!

Last edited:
So then is it I ask to join a Plot first? Or do I make a Character and then ask to get into the plot?
The usual method is to look at the plots, see what characters they're looking for, and make one that fits. Then post it in the Submit New Characters forum so that plot's GM will give it the thumbs up. If you have questions about a plot or whether a character concept would work, reaching out to the plot's GM beforehand and asking is a great idea.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back