• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC Hello fellow fighter enjoyer

Locked_0ut

Convention Veteran
RP Date
TO: Maya Rowe

Hi Maya,
I don’t know if you remember me, we met at that conference on Sirris last year. I was the little Rikugun officer with the antlers. We went out for drinks with that big group of D.O.M.A. guys. That’s beside the point. I just want to pick your brain. If you were asked to build a multi role fighter to compete with the NAM Sabre and the Super Kawarime, how would you go about it? For fun let’s just say it needs a beefy sensor suite and solid EM countermeasures. For weapons systems, let’s assume the customer wants precision and standoff capabilities instead of a high volume of fire. Finally, still spitballing here, rugged and maneuverable enough to deploy from remote bases and unprepared LZs.

Respectfully,

Pierre

P.S. I hope I get to check out one of those Tanyas one day.

@Alex Hart

TO: Pierre Ruike

Hi Pierre,

It's been a while since that conference, I'm surprised you remembered a simple aerospace engineer when there were bigger names around, like that big guy from Black Wing Enterprises. To move to your question, I'm afraid I can't talk too much about the specifics of how we'd handle this problem, but we do have a few things in the works to solve a few of your problems.

As to the platform in question, I'd personally adapt the Sparrowhawk, it already has the missile capacity to put nearly everything else on the market to shame. I'm still not sure how exactly the boys managed that one, to be honest, but a single airframe can put enough ordinance in the air to get through even the thickest point defenses and still have enough to spare to splash a wing of fighters.

The sensor suite we already were using was pretty great, as they go, but the boys have been cooking something new up to replace our supply now that Axis Mechworks has gone under. As far as rugged goes, I don't mean to brag but Osman products are as tough as they come. I'm sure you've seen the inner frame of some of our frames by this point, but I think that autonomous basic maintenance says enough. And when it comes to unprepared airbases and rugged terrain, well, a variable frame is the best thing in the world for that, since it doesn't need to use gravitics for vertical landing, to say nothing of the advantages of having the ability to shift forms between a frame and a fighter.

I'll admit, this is a little bit of an out of the blue question though Pierre, I don't recall you being attached to any corporation, so I don't imagine this is corporate espionage or anything, so what's the deal?

Best,

Maya

TO: Maya Rowe

Hey Maya,
Sounds like an impressive system. When I've got some free time, I'd love to take a look at one up close. This isn't a corporate thing exactly. Maybe when I get a break from my current assignment we can talk in more detail over drinks. 😜
For the time being, I'm just a guy reaching out to some colleagues across the sector.

Respectfully,

Pierre

RPG-D RPGfix
Back