• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hello there, I'm Talonis Wolf.

Talonis Wolf

Inactive Member
Hello there, I'm 'Talonis Wolf' and I was looking for an Internally-Consistent and Long-Lasting Sci-Fi RP
and decided this would be best.

I'm planning on making a character who is motivated by monetary gain, but not necessarily in the traditional 'loot everything sense'- to explain, I'll simply post my Short-Term and Long-Term goals.

My purpose in doing so is to see to gather advice, Intel, concerns, and get answers my questions in Italics. My goals are admirably grandiose, but setting the bar incredibly high means even failure could accomplish something great.

WARNING: MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT. THERE BE SPACE DRAGONS HERE.

SHORT TERM

-Find something people want and find a corner in that market

How viable is it to attempt to play this game via the Economic Side? I'll be a front-line leader of sorts, but I still wonder if this is even possible game-play wise.

-Make money, make investments towards earning more money

I'm not sure if there is anything like a Stock Market, but investment also applies to buying better equipment, access to new resources, funding research, or even simply buying a ship or home.

-Enhance own abilities (via Genetics or Cyberkinetics)

Where would I go to get informed on the advantages of either of these, or even both? Probably the Wiki, but it's better to ask to see if I can get more sources.

-Start gaining some influence

LONG TERM

-Extend reach so as to extend my ability to project my influence, most likely via creating a Merchantile Fleet

Ability to create a fleet outside of the Military legally: Yae or Nae?

-Create a Corporation or reach an Influential Position in another organization

-Control a planet, system or other resource-rich environment (Moons, Asteroids, Debris Field filled with abandoned space hulks, space colony, etc.) via colonization or conquest.

*Inquire on Drone technology and current exploration tech. Also, what types of resources are available in this setting?t

Edit: This appears to be it as far as Exploration Drones:

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=abwehran_star_empire:technology:spacecraft:asd3_explorer_probe

Are there any others?

-Create viable self-sufficient space-base or colony in an central or vital position

*I'll make it so, if it's not possible yet. Are the technologies there?

-Create a significant Technology (or fund creation of such)

-Maintain the ability to splinter off into own faction, but hold off on until absolutely necessary. I may be born (probably Nepleslian), but by no means will I get killed off with them if it comes to that.

*If you do split off, join another faction at the earliest survivable opportunity. I want to get some power to influence things my way, but being your own faction means you are a target by entire OTHER factions. Possibly more than one.

*Of course, becoming a NUETRAL faction or organization is well worth consideration, if the time comes.

-Consider the possibility of creating self-sufficient ships with capabilities to create more of themselves, it's remarkably hard to kill off a society if it's spread across the known universe and possibly far off into the unknown. The ability to create other ships is to avoid overcrowding and double as a mobile shipyard and factory.

*Do these already exist, do the technologies exist, etc. I'll make it so.

Last edited:
Hello Talonis Wolf,

Actually there are a variety of drones, used by each faction. I would suggest that before you dive into technology you get familiar with the site, and a particular faction.

Good point, I'm thinking Nepleslian so I'll commence the Wiki-Diving.

Hi, I'm the Faction Manager of Nepleslia.

There are a lot of exciting opportunities to add to the overall setting in the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, particularly to players who have had a large amount of experience in our plots.

Please contact me if you have any questions as to what sort of plot would be the most interesting to you.

For now, we have CadetNewb running the Marine plot in the NSS Sledge Mama. We also have Lamb in charge of Service to the Free State - a Freespacer and Nepleslian Crossover Plot, and Archander is involved with the Aquila Flight.

Hi, I'm the Faction Manager of Nepleslia.

There are a lot of exciting opportunities to add to the overall setting in the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, particularly to players who have had a large amount of experience in our plots.

Please contact me if you have any questions as to what sort of plot would be the most interesting to you.

For now, we have CadetNewb running the Marine plot in the NSS Sledge Mama. We also have Lamb in charge of Service to the Free State - a Freespacer and Nepleslian Crossover Plot, and Archander is involved with the Aquila Flight.

How'd I get in contact with CadetNewb? PM, post in thread, or through another method?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back