• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hello to everyone!

Neferpitou

Inactive Member
So, as you might imagine from someone posting in here, I'm new! Its a pleasure to meet you all~! I heard about this place from a friend who has been playing here a while, and decided to check it out. Currently looking over the gratuitous amount of information, and also mildly planning out things as I go, changing, blah blah.

As for me, myself! I've been roleplaying for...probably going on 5 years now. Started on NWN, have since been jumping around between some chat RP's, MMO RP's, and the like. Interest wise...games (MMO's, RPG's, and more in-depth games usually...though I do get into shooter moods.), anime (More ones with sweeping stories, across multiple genre's from the 'dark' types to the 'hot blooded shounen' at times), and books generally take up my interests. Well, outside RP of course. :p

Anyhow! I look forward to RP'ing with you all. You can expect me Star Army of Yamatai side as a Nekovalkyrja once I'm comfortable enough with everything to make a character, in case my profile picture wasn't hint enough. ;)

Hey, I did a lot of RPing on NWN too. Glad to see another of the fold. :)

As I'm sure you've seen by now, there is a LOT of information on the wiki, but don't feel obligated to know it all by heart. There are a number of factions that you can join, or you can look at going independent (non-faction-aligned), which is a part of the SARP community that seems to be gaining momentum in recent months. There are also several races you can pick from; as a reference, Nepleslians are your "baseline" humans.

If you haven't already, check out the new player's guide to point you in the right directions. The character creation guide is here. Also, just in case you aren't familiar with the way that forum RP works, we do everything in terms of "plots" here, which equate in essence to game sessions run by a GM. It's possible for them to intermingle, although it's not common (in my experience, someone else may correct me). You can find a list of the active plots as well as their relevant information and links here. Even if a plot is closed, if it looks interesting to you, talk to the GM anyway. You never know, they may be able to work you in, or at least keep you on retainer if a slot opens up. :)

On the topic of characters, feel free to make as many as you like, provided that you can keep up with them all. There are players here who have ten or more PCs, and others (like myself) who only have one with a ridiculous amount of detail. So if you want to have one character in every single faction, or even every single plot, go right ahead, if you think you can manage it. :p

There is also the Open Roleplaying Forum, where you can jump right in without needing to go through the application and approval process for your character. It's considered good manners to ask the original poster of a thread before jumping in, or you can make your own and invite others to join in. The pacing in that area does vary a lot, however, depending on how many and which players are involved, and there are times when nothing happens there at all, so bear that in mind.

Feel free to ask any questions you have here or on the IRC channel (which you can reach via a link at the top of the page here, just below the Star Army logo). Lots of people here are more than willing to help out.

Again, welcome to SARP, and happy RPing! :)

Welcome Feferpitou, I am Nashoba one of the Site Admins and a Game Master. If there is anything I can do to help you get started feel free to to ask, or check out our IRC, plenty of folks there can answer most questions.

Hello @Neferpitou ! It's good to meet you! And Kudo to @Floodwaters for doing an amazing job of posting the important info.

I'm always happy to help or answer questions, too.

hello and Wellcome Neferpitou,

I am still one of the new guys here and i thought i would just welcome you to the family with the others.

Thank you for the warm welcomes, and offers everyone! I've been bouncing around the wiki for a while (I swear its like TV Tropes), but I made sure to read over the new player's guide, and even did a little looksie over the character creation guide and started a few things, though I like to take my time a bit more in really piecing things together before I really start in on things. I'm the type who gets a thousand and one ideas for characters, so I wanna make sure I narrow things down to make a really good one that I'll be happy with. Nevertheless, I'll probably start with something simple to work myself into things.

Anyhow, I look forward to RP'ing with you all (If we end up in the same plots), or at least getting to know each other as friends about~.

We have really detailed character creation paths for the "mainstream" types of characters but if you want something different, we can be flexible.

Welcome to the show.
Nekos are fun, a great way to get familiar with the setting. The wiki may be slightly enormous but don't worry, you'll be a black belt in search fu in no time!
Hope to see you IC. :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back