• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hello, Xove here!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5983
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5983

What do you call yourself?
I mainly go by Xove or RealXove in all my online interactions!

How'd you find Star Army?
I was browsing through the RPG Directory, needing to satiate my deep-seated love for Science Fiction writing, and I saw you guys!

What interested you in joining?
For me, the most important thing in writing is the community surrounding it and the content it strives to produce. There have been very few sites that automatically kept my interest upon reading the lore, understanding the guidelines, etc. I take my free time seriously, which might be ironic, but it makes me really look into what catches my interest. So far you guys have done an excellent job at captivating my attention.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?

I have. I’ve been role-playing off and on for roughly 12 years. I absolutely adore the craft and what it offers, even though it can be a love-hate relationship at times.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I have been on several kinds of sites, both good and bad. I have been a Moderator and a Player and everything in between. I have been on sites that have run a long time and I’ve been on sites that have shut down after months/years of being online. I’ve seen a lot of toxicity and I’ve seen a lot of fluff, and the spectrum between.
After doing it this long, I know exactly what I don’t like to see and what I’m willing to work with. I’m not opposed to trying new things, but I have lines I will not cross for my sake and for the sake of my preferred role-playing experiences.

Now for the questionnaire! Do you prefer:
Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
- I prefer playing male characters. There’s nothing against female characters, but for some odd reason I click better with my baby boys compared to my baby girls.
Spontaneous or planned RP?
- Both, but in different perspectives. I prefer planned RP so that I have an understanding of where my character has been and keeping track of their development. I enjoy the spontaneity of characters shaping their own future and unexpected events occurring in their threads as well!
Military or civilian characters?
- I have played far more militant characters compared to civilian over the years, but I’m unopposed to playing either type. Especially if the muse flows a certain way!
Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
- YES. I’m a HUUUUUGE fan of creature creation (I have my own alien race I made special for me lol) but anything Sci-Fi based is my cup of tea. I love it all!
Being on a starship or being on a planet?
- Can I answer yes more than once? XD
Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
- I prefer forum posts. I have a real time job and I don’t like being on my phone while at work (I’m kinda the first face people meet when they walk through the door!!!).

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
Language: 3- Language is whatever, as long as it’s not taken beyond the IC interactions. My beans, however, won’t be big on the name calling.
Violence: 2- I’m ok on the blood and guts and stuff, but overly visceral things irk me really bad.
Sexuality: 1- I’m not big on the stuff and don’t really enjoy reading it unless it’s implied sex. Otherwise plz keep away thx <3.

What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I got a shaggy boi who’s been needing some love. I tend to take my favorite male OC and make various versions of him for video-games, role-play sites, etc, just because I love his theme and personality. I got special plans for his new version this go around!

I have 3 main things I want to explore with this version of my OC:
- He’s a reporter who has enough relevance/seniority to go to various planets and report on various events.
- Have a military family/background that creates a unique and strained atmosphere for character development.
- Be deeply involved in his home community to create a pool of diverse interactions and build relational history!

Welcome to Star Army! We're glad to have you with us. I've enjoyed talking to you on the discord. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back