• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hello

Acewing13

Paradox Addict
Inactive Member
Hi everyone,

I'm Acewing and I found this forum from a random business card I found at DragonCon. I spend most of my days watching Youtube videos and surfing the web, though I also write fiction and play video games.

I spent yesterday and today looking through the wiki and the active plots and I'm interested in getting into The Wayward plot. Sounds interesting and I'll have a character to look at tomorrow. Trying to figure personality and all of that out right now.

Any advice would be great and appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Acewing

Hello! I'm Wes, the guy that built this site back in the day and the dude who left that business card.

As you've probably observed, Star Army falls somewhere between group storywriting and tabletop RPGs like D&D. You should have gotten a conversation message in your inbox with all the most important tips I could think of. In addition, I recommend posting questions in the shoutbox, which is linked under the Star Army logo at the top of this page. There's usually people in there, and even if the chat is inactive, people who come through later will see your posts and answer you. I'm also happy to answer here or in any other thread or conversation.

I'm going to mention @Syaoran so this thread appears in his notifications. He's running The Wayward and should have more info for you.

Sweet. Thanks. I guess a question I have right now is how expensive are cybernetics in this universe? Can a starting character have them?

Hallos, and welcome to our little corner of insanity!

To answer your question,

Of course! Nepleslians, for instance, almost always have cybernetics of one kind or another. You might also want to look at the Freespacer's character guide and this - the former is another cyborg-heavy species, while the latter lists each (major) species and their receptivity to cybernetic enhancements.

(Updated! @Acewing13)

Last edited:
Also, if you jump into the IRC, we're on sorcery (#stararmy), and people can always help you there, too. Usually a fair number more of us on the chat than in the shoutbox at any given time.

looked here by chance, turns out I didn't get the notification XD. And if you have questions about the wayward throw 'em my way. You can also PM me here or on the IRC chat( I use the name Li).

As for Cybernetics, yeah you can start with them usually, but I would say use some restraint in picking what you start with. Don't turn your character into a walking hidden armory or anything, one or two hidden guns in their body or something is fine though.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back