• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hello.

Seehund

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Seehund. There is no real meaning behind my name - it's just a word I happen to like.
How'd you find Star Army?
TV Tropes, via the 'random media' button.
What interested you in joining?
The setting, I'd say. I've got a huge thing for sci-fi of all sorts, from the more niche genres (exempli gratia, Biopunk, Dreampunk), to Space Opera and beyond.
I especially love the harder science fiction, a la Heinlein.
Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Tons, though not much in recent times. From old forums the names of which I've all but forgotten, to live RP using dedicated chat platforms and even gaming clients, such as BYOND. Space Station 13 is, in particular, my guilty pleasure and oh-so-needed drug.
Any previous experiences you want to share?
None I can think of, to be honest.
Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    I mostly stick to females and, less frequently, neuter characters. I seldom play males.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Both are fine! Having to choose, though, spontaneous is probably what I'm after the most.
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Almost completely military, though I might rarely be in the mood to play a paper-pusher.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    The first two are equally fine with me.
    I definitely tolerate - and enjoy - playing with everything else though.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    Starship sounds the most fun, though I'll have to sit on the fence for this one. Fitfty-fifty?
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Once again, both are fine. I prefer play-by-post, as it gives me time to write a thought-out post and it's easier to keep track of, but I will not shy away from IM.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 1-3 (It really depends. I'd much prefer it having a purpose, rather than being thrown-in for the sake of it.)
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Any drawn-out combat scene using proper tactics will be an instant favourite from me, to be honest.
As for what I'd fancy the most, I've always found the concept of orbital operations lovely.

As a side note,
I greatly enjoy playing around with BBcode, you'll have to bear with me on this one.

Greetings from the owner and proprietor of the galaxy's murdorable species of space wasp! The I'ee send you hellos and bug hugs!

You seem pretty cool and you have a lot in common with the other folks here.

A good place for spontaneous military RPs is the open RP forum, which doesn't require the planning and approvals that some of the bigger plots with subforums do.

Let me know if I can answer some questions for you, I know the site has a scary-huge lore (it grew over the years) that can be intimidating to new folks sometimes.

The way this usually works is you find an existing RP and latch onto that, or you post an interest check for an RP thread idea and then see if other folks want to join your RP.

Strategy, Heinlein, and hard Sci-Fi? It's probably me you're looking for around here.

In fact, there are probably a few websites you'd really be interested in if you haven't seen them already like Atomic Rockets which covers just about everything you'd ever want to know about how spaceships would work.

You may also get a kick out of the site's wiki because nothing goes with a space opera as well as lots of different starships.

And the obligatory plug for my own plot: Mercenaries 'uplifting' a primitive world for fun and profit. Of course if you're interested in the tactics of the setting I'm a pretty good resource, but the best way to start is to have a look at the wiki and see if anything strikes your intrest.

Of course, I'm usually lurking in site chat if you want to talk too!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back