• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hello!

Sirene

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
Hello! I'm just going to use the template since I struggle at doing these kinds of things.

What do you call yourself?
Honestly I don't care what people call me as long as it's recognisable. I guess you could just call me 'Sirene' or whatever other nickname you could make out of it lol​
How'd you find Star Army?
I recently got back in the roleplay mood so I decided to google 'scifi roleplaying forum' and it looked like the best option ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​
What interested you in joining?
Again I recently got back in the roleplaying mood and I really wanted to try out a scifi setting as opposed to the ones I've tried before.​
Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yeah, once was on wikia which was good for a while but eventually a majority of the people I enjoyed rping with left so I went with them. I also tried a bit of tumblr roleplaying but honestly that's when I hit a kind of writers block and stopped rping for a year or so.​
Any previous experiences you want to share?
Oh lol I answered that above.​

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?
    I genuinely don't mind, I can roleplay whichever. I do have a tendency to make male characters though despite being female which weirds people out but whatever :D
  • Spontaneous or planned RP?
    Uhm does anyone know that quote by GRRM about how writers are either gardeners or architects well lets just say I like to build a greenhouse to grow my plants in V_V​
  • Military or civilian characters?
    Again I'm up for anything, saying I prefer either would just limit the possibilities.​
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?
    Ditto above.​
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet?
    I think a balance of both is needed as being constantly on a spaceship would get boring as would being constantly on planets.​
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?
    Via forum posts because it's reallty only way I've done it before lol, I don't think I've done much, if any, real-time roleplaying.​
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP: (I'm going to assume 1=none and 3=lots? I'm not sure)
  • Language: Any (I don't care about what language is used as long as it fits the character/situation)
  • Violence: Any (Same as above)
  • Sexuality: 1/2 (Preferably not that much, I'm not sure why it just sometimes makes me uncomfortable)
What's something cool you'd love to RP?
Oh wow I hate this question. Uhmmmmmmmm...well I like finding out things, like piecing together stories and lore, like a mystery or something. Maybe like an adventure to unknown planets or going on quests to find long lost relics/technology or whatever. Perhaps a bit of political intrigue?​

I think you're going to like it here because Star Army's lore is full of old loose ends to be solved, and new stuff to be discovered. Also your character definitely gets to leave their own tracks in the history.

I am so glad I made this template too because I have been in your shoes and a first intro post is always something that is a challenge.

Very pleased to meet you!

I too enjoy the political intrigue stuff. Sadly, it's usually not written very often, and most people like the smash-and-grab a whole lot more.

I also wouldn't feel too bad about the genderswapping - most of us on the website have, at one time or another, played a "nekovalkyrja" - an all female race of beautiful catgirls. It's kind of our shtick. ;)

Welcome to the website.

Hello Sirene, welcome to SARP. I've only been here for about two and a half weeks so I can't say much about what goes on past the chatboz itself.

As you can see though, everyone's a welcoming face. And Ame would most definitely pop in too if she weren't off somewhere causing mayhem and disarray amongst the general population.

Come say hi whenever you feel like it on the chatter box. Someone's almost always there. If you're interested in political intrigue, if things go well on my part I do plan on forcing my way into becoming a small plots Co-GM. 4right now it's focused on the more militant aspect but I'm hoping once it gets itself out of open roleplay I can persuade Mach 9000 Ace to let me do some of that corporate and political espionage.

Hey Sirene, Welcome to Star Army.

I'm the GM of the small plot mentioned by @Talarn. The name of the plot is Psychopomp and its a PMC plot. I'd be more than happy to let you get into the plot. The plot itself however is going kind of slow but I plan to speed it up a bit in the near future. Talarn's idea actually is going to be implemented in later regardless since I want to add in the Civilian portion of the company when the plot gets large enough. The plot is being run on a real time posting method atm and I don't plan to change it soon but with the way the others post it might as well be on the forums.

Hmm, that plot sounds pretty sweet actually! Do you need any specific types of characters? @Ace I'm also not that familiar with real time posting so it might take me a while to get used to it.

Atm I'm not in the need for anything. But the roles that are open are new recruits, preexisting members (these have some specifics depending on which team you want to join), and AI.

There's Team Locus who is more of an assassinations and espionage team and Team Phoenix is more of Space combat (I.e boarding, ship combat) and defense (I.e take and hold or just simple defense). There are other teams but I need those 2 filled first. Psychopomp also has some special products that only it's PMC members get to use such as the OGU and Hybrid programs.

The Ryujo is a Star Army light cruiser on a mission to recover a shuttle that was stolen. It's also been boarded by saboteurs. It's more of a mystery plot than anything else right now--the PCs don't know why the shuttle was stolen, and their unidentified attackers have been using only non-lethal weapons and self-destructing rather than be captured. So, piecing things together and going out into the unknown is just what the plot calls for.

There's some intrigue, too; communication between the ship's officers and enlisted crew has been very limited, and there's been a small bit of insubordination and trickery as a result.

YSS Imperator is a battleship plot that is going to be intense space combat, wartime Navy political maneuvering, and a little bit of slice of life all at the same time! We have yet to actually launch but we will soon! We'd be welcome to have you!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back