• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Here I Am

Epistellar

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?

Epistellar! I've had a few other handles, but I'm consolidating to this one. You can find me under this name on Discord and Deviantart

How'd you find Star Army?

I found Wes' DA account ages ago but favourited and forgot. Stumbled onto, or inexplicably recalled, the Wiki and the discord. After perusal I decided to hop aboard!

What interested you in joining?

A well organised and comprehensive setting that I can add to. Wikis and extreme detail FTW!

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?

Yes, on a wreck of a website called [website name redacted]. inhabited in my experience by thread-abandoners and contradictors and with each RP (in it's too-short lifespan) conducted in lamentable disorder. No standards of quality, of conduct, of planning. Not good! This looks quite a bit better.

Any previous experiences you want to share?

I also do a little bit of in person DnD. I love worldbuilding and have notebooks (and school note margins) filled with scribbles and sketches. I particularly enjoy uniform design. More generally I love science fiction, though as regards Star Army my voracious consumption of Horatio Hornblower novels might come in handy. (Still need to get started on O'Brian's Aubrey / Maturin series though. Someday soon.)

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? - Male
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? - Planned? I'm not averse to spontaneity and extemporisation tho. Bad decisions and miscalculations lead to the most fun in DnD haha.
  • Military or civilian characters? - Military, political.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? - Humans
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? - Planet
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? - Quick response time, short entry.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: If it adds to the RP swear the fuck away! But let's not get gratuitous, eh?
  • Violence: If it adds to the RP stab the fuck away! I'm not squeamish. But let's not get hedonistic, eh?
  • Sexuality: Eh, not so keen on ERP. But if it adds to the RP?

What's something cool you'd love to RP?

Morally iffy dilemmas, political gordian knots, callous Operatives. Ops gone badly sideways with PCs scrambling for contingencies, for survival. Maybe some infantry action and occupation.

Anything else?

Despite the avatar I am, in fact, a dude.

I have been summoned!

Hello, I'm Jack Pine, FM of the faction Section 6, or known in character as the New Dusk Conclave. We're a bit of a newer faction working on colonizing a new world and system. Always adding new tech and gear to the wiki as well. We currently have numerous threads running, always a JP or two running, and have two (soon to be three) plots. We do military, space combat, civilian stuff, and crazy science. Please contact me if you would like to know more and it sounds like something you might be interested in being part of.

I'm also a staff member in training her on the site, so let me know if I can help you settle in any way. Questions, or even help getting started, I'm only a tag/message away.

Hi, I'm Alex, and I do a lot of mech-related stuff on the site. I have a smaller chunk of the setting I'm planning to revive once a JP is finished, and you're welcome there, but S6 is a nice place to get your first taste of the site.

By the way, if you like Horatio Hornblower, you'd love Honor Harrington! It's similar, but in space and with more political intrigue.

Rock you like a hurricane~

Hiya, I'm IQ, most closely connected to S6 as a co-FM there, I also have my own custom race, the Tsumi, though they're in a weird spot right now, so I'll save you that :p

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Other than that, I look forward to seeing you write ^^

Welcome to SARP. If you haven't already come join us on the discord! Its a good place to meet and chat with the community, Pop into faction pages and ask around and totally not eavesdrop on their plot chatter, And get help making characters, Picking a faction and navigating our massive wiki. discord.png

Now onto my own selfless inserting of my own plots... I run a plot or two for one of the more grittier faction on the site; Nepleslia.
Where the largest faction on the site, Yamatai, Might be all about cute catgirls, Freehealthcare, And space japan and such. Nepleslia is a grittier and more violent driven faction where the daily life includes stealing, robbing, extorting, blackmail, not going to school, And all around being a contributing member of society.

If you like infantry, @Legix , the Faction manager for Nepleslia runs a ground based infantry plot, the 309th, To which i run a side plot on the same planet around fighter combat (Aquila Flight, On the same page as the 309th.).

If you like being a contributing member to society. @SirSPT runs the Crimefest plot where a bunch of criminals Law abiding citizens help banks and drug cartels and what not hold onto their money by... Holding onto it... Legally...

and if you like a little bit of moral delema with some things never quite going to plan, I, Personally, Run the 13th Precinct plot where a bunch of Nepleslias finest SWAT team members try to stem the tide in a faction where all out gang warfare on the street in just a common hazard in the day to day, And being a cop in a city 100x more violent than detroit during a riot isnt as easy as one might think...

Feel free to message anyone about a plot they advertise here, Or on the discord. Look under Game master in the discord or just search their names. its the same as on the site... The discord bot kind of makes it do that to us...

Again, Welcome to SARP. Stick around for a while!

Sorry if I'm a bit late you can blame college for that. I heard politics and military then boy do I have a company for you.
I'm the creator and man in charge of the resident evil corporation Psychopomp returning after a short break for college. If you feel interested hit me up in a DM ad give me a bit of time to get back to you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back