• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission Hessarians

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wes is the one who said to resubmit it. I simply did so as suggested.
I'm not going to claim to know what Wes wants, but he approved it with a long timer after making that suggestion. The first submission is still valid, and thus isn't even eligible to be re-submitted.

Whatever the case may end up being with regard to that, I have left my substantive suggestions on how the article can be improved in my last post here and that's all I have to say about the Hessarians.

The timer was due to the 3 month wait rule for any new players making a species, however @Jack Pine i think locking this thread for now until we can get wes to say something might be the best course of action. To community has raised concerns and the submitter is refusing to listen, thats the hard truth of the situation so keeping it open will just escalate things here the more people post.

Jack, you're the submitter. Can you make these changes I have requested?

@Ametheliana as another member of staff may I suggest again, locking the thread for now. And while jack may be the submitter its on behalf of another so you may want to request Rascal makes the changes.

Fair enough then, I simply suggested such action to minimise the back and forth hostility in the thread.

The end result is that unless an NTSE staff member tells me to change things I will not be doing so. I'm tired of modifying everything so much that it isn't even barely recognizable as the original concept. Slight modifications? Maybe. Depends on what they are. But from now on? It's as minimal changes as humanly possible and only when told directly by staff. I'm not catering to a single person that isn't staff any longer.

Thats fine, however i hope that means if staff asks for similar to what the community has suggested you’ll perform it regardless. I know this is your long term personal project but some things are inherently going to need modification beyond a slight tweak as this is a different universe, a different site with different rules and standards.

I doubt this. And the changes that have been so far are ludicrous. This setting lobs several megaton yield weapons at each other regularly. We have the legendary unobtanium. We have super soldiers that are common here. Yet the moment I make a species that threatens the power of anything it's all hands on deck? Does that mean I should change everything in the faction as well? Perhaps the UCS should use muskets and cannons and cavalry charges?

After discussing with other ntse members, it makes sense to lock and reject this species because the species is not ready for approval and the creator is not cooperative.

Wes' approval in August still stands. You may appeal this rejection, but it may not be resubmitted without an appeal.

Moving this submission to the rejected subforum, as it has been rejected by Ametheliana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back