• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hey there

Samson Wild

🔰 New Member
Inactive Member
Hey all,

My name is Samson and this is my first time on a Role-play forum. I'm a big reader of Stephen King, Phillip K. Dick, Michael Moorcock and Ray Bradbury, so shouldn't be too much trouble to acclimatize.

What brought me here: is to find the missing creative bit from most RPG games, where statistics are everything. I'm not a mathematical person and enjoy creative arts more, like playing music, reading, writing and so on. Looking forwards to seeing how it all works.

See you soon!
From Samson Wild

That's awesome! Yeah, Star Army, with the exception of our very crude damage estimation system, is basically completely free of stat systems. It's less of a game and more of a group storywriting where people hook up with other members who want to share a plotline, and then play through that with their character. I'm Wes, Star Army's founder and admin and I'm around a lot to help and I'm eager to answer any questions you got about how it works and what the universe is like on Star Army.

Last edited:
Thannks for the quick response, looks like you guys have been going some time at this thing, so must be a successful formula...oops. Is this my character, or do I make an avatar within an avatar? And should I dive right in to one of the Open RP's?

Your forum account is your main account for everything. You can use it to play as many characters as you like. Characters have pages on the wiki (example). You don't have to make a wiki page, I will make it for you if you submit the forum version of it.

See Creating a Character for a comprehensive guide on how to make a character that will perfectly fit the universe.

Edit: The wiki has its own login system so you'll want to register there too if you want to use it.

Last edited:
Hiya! Nice to see a new face! I hope you have fun here and it's everything you want it to be and more!

If you're looking for a plot that will take you in, look no further than Setareh Wing! We have Iromakuanhe and lots of mech battles!

I'm an amateur writer, myself. Kinda became one via RPing. This site is mainly focused on sci fi. But, there's an open rp forum for non canon stuff (which you, obviously, already saw) if you want to try something else, too. I've got a lot of experience in several genres if you're looking for help.

Oh yeah...Welcome to SARP. :)

I'm an amateur writer, myself. Kinda became one via RPing. This site is mainly focused on sci fi. But, there's an open rp forum for non canon stuff (which you, obviously, already saw) if you want to try something else, too. I've got a lot of experience in several genres if you're looking for help.

Oh yeah...Welcome to SARP. :)

Thanks and I will, always glad for tips with a new thing. RP'ing is a great way to write and open-ended, too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back