• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Heya

Cordinarr

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?

Cordinarr, or Cord is fine.

How'd you find Star Army?

Google

What interested you in joining?

I like role-playing, I like sci-fi, and I like the Internet. Also, I've been lurking, exploring in my free time and I like what you people have here.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?

About 8 or 9 years ago, probably closer to 9.

Any previous experiences you want to share?

So I was about 15 or 14 when I got into a Kingdom Hearts role-play on 1up.com. Unfortunately, life got pretty heavy a year or so after I started so I had to quit. After that I mostly played video games until two years into college, I found a role-playing group that was doing D&D 3.5e homebrew and that reignited my passion for roleplaying. Since then I've played all sorts of role-playing games ranging from Call of Cthulhu, to Deathwatch, to Only War. Right now, I have an average 8 to 4:30 job that I'm kind of looking to fill in free time with something. Video games are fun, but they aren't quite hitting the spot. The online role-playing games (on Roll20) I'm a part of are really fun, but the weekend is so far away!

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters?

Male characters.

• Spontaneous or planned RP?

Planned preferably. That way I know I can be available to enjoy it with everyone.

• Military or civilian characters?

Civilian

• Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens?

Humans/cyborgs/androids

• Being on a starship or being on a planet?

Doesn't matter to me, whatever will fit the story best.

• Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time?

I can do both. My experience with posts is above, but I do have experience with real-time role-playing.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2 or 3
  • Violence: 2 or 3
  • Sexuality: 2 or 3

If someone has a preference for toned down violence/language/sex then I will respect that hence the two (2), however I love reality and that comes hand-in-hand with violence/language/sex so I don't want to feel too heavily restricted thereby (3).

What's something cool you'd love to RP?

Those of you familiar with Warhammer 40k might recognize my profile picture, and/or Deathwatch/Only War. I'm in love with the setting and the world. It's tongue-in-cheek humor, the grimderp, as well as the gritty-ness of the universe. While I have an idea for the role-play that is to be conducted here in this setting I think I might have an idea that would be fun to play if it could be adapted. I really like the Adeptus Mechanicus from W40k. They are essentially people that worship technology and modify themselves to become more machine than man (in the cyberpunk way).

The idea that I had for a character in this world was a man that had eventually achieved this idea. All that was really left of him was a brain, set of lungs, and a heart, but the rest was all robust machinery with the gears/hydrolics and the like. This mechano-man has lost most of his memory of his past, where he grew up, his family, any first loves that he might of had or his nationality, all because it was "unnecessary information". He has become a recluse in his pursuit of knowledge, scientific exploration, engineering tinkering, and biological experimentation. I was thinking about having his primary power supply be a miniature nuclear reactor that he has to replace the power source. Something crude because he made it himself, and he is actually very proud of it. However I'm probably getting ahead of myself there.

He'd be independent, I saw there was an abandoned Starport on UX-1 that he may coax back to life and use. Once I iron out this character and submit it for approval, I was thinking he'd hang out there and perform research jobs on the side until he got enough money to buy his own ship. But again, getting ahead of myself.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to SARP, I'm Nashoba, FM for the Hidden Sun Clan, and Co FM to Yamatia and Neshaten. It is always good to see a new player. Hopefully you will settle in and hang around for a while. There is a lot of opportunity here, and new folks mean new ideas; and new friends.

You have any questions, feel free to ask, there are folks always around who can help

Hey mango. You seem like a pretty interestin' chap.

Yeah, there are a couple of us here into 40k. Born On Board is just one I know of, he has a full thread of glorious tank army photos.

Cool to have you around. ;I

Hello and welcome to Star Army!

Let me answer some questions for you. What are some things you want to know? :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back