• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Heya

HandOfChaos

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself? HandOfChaos

How'd you find Star Army? I was invited by @HarperMadi

What interested you in joining? Personally, I'm a fan of sci-fi writing, and this site seems like a good place to indulge in that.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before? Yep.

Any previous experiences you want to share? Well, I've been doing RP for 7-8 years if you count D&D and the like. Text-based for 3-4.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I tend to start with male characters, but I can write other genders as well.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Loosely planned, but I'm fine with both freeform and thorough planning.
  • Military or civilian characters? It somewhat depends on the tone of the site. Generally, I do a 50/50 mix of each.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Aliens and androids are my preference, though I've generally seen anthros in sci-fi classed as aliens. Really, anything but bog-standard humans, as those are quite dull.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Whichever best suits the plot of the thread in question.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? My erratic work schedule means I can't guarantee that I can commit to real-time posting, so forum posts usually work better for me, though I'm fine with both if I've got the time.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: I usually keep it around a 2, but like having the option of 3 for emphasis
  • Violence: Again, I usually keep it around a 2, but like having the option of 3 for emphasis
  • Sexuality: 1 or 2 for general threading, but up to 3 is fine so long as it isn't entirely spontaneous.
What's something cool you'd love to RP? Pacific Rim style mecha vs monster combat.

Heyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa! I'm Arbitrated, the obligatory undersized person of the site who plays proportionally smol characters! It's cool to see new people joining in on this awesome community!

Well as Ame sort of implied, @Alex Hart is sort of the go-to dude for anything involving mecha. Most of the plots here ARE military-based but in fact several of them do have civilian characters! And of course, there are civilian plots as well, and independent plots of people who aren't quite either.

I love to answer questions, so if you have any that haven't been answered already feel free to ask me! ^^

I do the Mecha stuff around here. My plot, sector searchers, is an independent plot revolving around Alex (My character) searching the Kikyo sector for someone from his past. Hence the uncreative name of the plot.

While I don't have any Mecha vs monster combat planned, that isn't saying much since I don't plan a whole lot in advance and just let the plot roll where it shall. I can definitely work in some Mecha and monster combat in the future if you want to join.

I'm sure that everyone in the plot would love to have you, and I know that @Arbitrated thinks we need a male character aside from Alex. (This running joke wasn't my fault I assure you.)

Greetings traveller!
I'm Ethereal, the diversity quota for the site (I'm English :0) and a guy who has way too many characters and plots. If you need any recommendations for where to try your hand hit me up because the likelihood is that I'm in whatever plot you're thinking of joining ^^

On the concept of mecha vs monster, I do actually have a sort of eldritch monster NPC-race-thing in the works I could actually put into effect with the sub-faction I'm currently working on so I'll drop you a message if anything comes of it :p

I'm the guy who owns the company Psychopomp which is the big player run baddies right now if you're interested in stirring up some trouble.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back