• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP Hi Daddy!

Nyx soon learned that Mark would be coming by to watch things while they were out, “Mark will be first, then, since he’s going to be here to watch things,” she told Jack, then spoke again “I think... Grandmother would be the first if it’s possible, then if not Neera,” she told him again, feeling happy she got to spend this time. Taking Chlorate’s words and deciding to go see, her father was a good idea.

As if on cue, Mark came in as the door was sliding open, "Aye aye, I know, I'm here already. I figured you'd call for me. Lucky I'm out of my appointment for the hospital already, and that Koroleva is off in the woods, otherwise dragging my ass out of the house would have been impossible. I know we're the same person, but I do- oh hello....uh hi, I'm Mark Oaklen, so you must be Nyx." He had come in not expecting her to already be there, talking away as he strode in, only to change tracks as Jack cleared his throat.

He looked exactly like Jack, save for blue eyes, and black hair. He wore black jeans, a white tank top, with a deep blue button up dress shirt which hung open, and a custom katana of some sort hanging at his side from the utility belt he wore as well. The man quickly offered a hand in greeting, a nervous smile offered as he thought he must have come off as quite rude for missing the fact that she was already there. "It's uh nice to meet you Nyx, welcome to the family."

Nyx turned her head when her ears picked up the door sliding open, and her dad walked in? Nyx tilted her head in confusion since her dad was there and someone who looked like her dad just walked in. The Heck was going on, she wondered before she realized the situation. Jack must have been the original or something and Mark was some clone that had been created. She recalled Jack saying he was a mass-produced soldier so this must be another one then.

Her right hand lifted up, to shake if Mark desired to “greetings Uncle Mark, I am pleased to meet you, your daughter Chlorate mentioned you when I had spoken to her.’ she told him hoping she sounded pleased to meet him. “Thank you, Uncle, I appreciate that,” she told Mark pleased that she could cross someone off her list.

"Ah yes, Chlorate is a sweet girl, though still learning some concepts. I'm proud to call her my daughter.", Mark reaffirmed as he shook the hand, "This may seem confusing, but me and Jack are technically the same person, though I'm the original. But we're living as brothers, to reduce confusion, as it's a very long story." He chuckled before stepping around to his own desk which was a duplicate of Jack's, detaching the katana from his belt to rest it against the side of the desk. "Hopefully he isn't being too stiff or serious, sometimes I swear getting amnesia was a blessing, lead me to loosen up some. Otherwise I'd be grumps Mcgurt here still.", Mark added with a jesting grin towards his counterpart.

"Don't you think it's a bit soon, and much to drop that on her right out the gate? I swear it also loosened your mouth too brother, talking faster then those enhanced reflexes can catch your own mouth.", Jack said seriously before quipping with a chuckle, "Sorry Nyx, but as you can see, our family is far from normal, or simple."

As Mark complimented his daughter, she nodded, Chlorate was a sweet girl, she liked her cousin a great deal, of course learning concept may be true. What her uncle had to say next surprised and confused her. Just from looking at the two she thought her dad was the original. But it seemed that she was wrong, she wanted to ask but thought maybe it might be one of those dark parts to her dad’s history that she didn’t want to remind her father off. “No, Father is being the acceptable amount of serious and..stiff? I believe,” she told him.

She glanced to her father and nodded”yes, believe your right far from normal is correct.” she said to him, then turns to Mark “Even so, I am pleased to meet you. “ She told him as she processed what he had said about amnesia. She knew exactly what that was, but it was a serious topic, was it actually less so, for someone to joke about it? she wondered remaining silent, unaware whether or not she should be adding something to the conversation.

Mark nodded to her words, and to Jack's as well a tad bit. "Wellll, she would have heard eventually, besides, there are no secrets in this family. We all love and respect each other, as well as confide in one another when needed. If you have any questions about me Nyx, feel free to ask them, I'm an open book."

"Fair enough," Jack admitted with a small shake of the head before adding, "Everyone has a story here, and well we're willing to share. Can't say the same for everyone else, but most of the family is like that."

Nyx listened as Mark responded to her words, and of course, that of her father’s as well. It was fortunate that she understood the expression that he was an open book. She knew what the expression meant which was he was willing to answer any questions she had. She decided she would go for the obvious one. “You mention you had amnesia, but you joke about it, is Amnesia a not so serious condition?’ she asked the two of them.

Nyx looked to Jack, thinking back to what Mark had said. “Dad.. Is it ok to ask about the hair?’ she asked him, finding herself curious about the hair color. She realized she just called Jack dad, and she liked it.

Mark nodded to Jack to go first, seeing as the answer for the first question was a bit more serious. "It's a genetic defect, how you see Mark, is how I would look if that was corrected. Blue eyes, and black hair, just like your grandmother's. I just never felt like changing it, because it's part of who and what I am. You'll find most of my batch siblings carry this defect.", Jack answered actually idly playing with one of the short spikes at the front of his hair a little. He had honestly gotten used to that question being asked.

Mark cleared his throat before he gave his answer, "In many cases it is, and I won't lie. Me and Jack have had our share of arguments over the matter, as well as have come to blows before. I thought I could come back and pickup my life, but there was Jack, living it and doing what I should have been there doing. That hurt to know, and that I couldn't have that life anymore, but I realized after a while. That I had gained so much from such a misfortune as well, friends, new family, and a new perspective on life as well as myself. So I agreed to move on, but to also stay so that I could help look after our family. So if anything ever bothers you, or you feel down, you can come to me as well." He finished with a nod, hoping he had made things clear and not in a way that would make her worry. The man even looked to his "brother" for a moment, just before adding, "So no, it is not a joke, but I've accepted that it happened, and that I can laugh because I know it's behind me."

Her ears picked up her father’s voice speaking to her, so she turned her head to look at him, and to place her full attention on her dad. She discovered that the reason his eyes, as well as his hair, was different than Mark’s was because of a genetic defect. She supposed this defect was caused when he was created since Mark was the original. She was also told that most of his siblings thus her aunts and uncles carried that defect. She glanced to her hand, the thought had previously occurred to her, about changing things about her body, but her father’s words made her think.

Mark soon had his turn to speak, and as before, she turned to put her attention on him. Amnesia indeed was a serious condition, and Mark promised not to lie, which she appreciated as she learned that he and her father had their share of arguments which she was displeased to hear they had come into blows. As she listened to her uncle Mark, she couldn’t help but feel bad for him. She couldn’t know how it must have felt for him to try coming back into his life, and see someone else there, doing it. She continued to listen to what he had to say he had also gained, and she knew she could go to him as well if something bothers her or if she feels down.

“I am glad that’s behind you too,” she found herself saying what was truly inside her. It indeed felt clear to her, and although she was worried about them coming to blows again, she hoped that wouldn’t be for a long time.

"Well we said our pieces on the matter back then, and our goals we sought to achieve never changed. I doubt we'll have a reason again to fight, or at least I hope not. Besides, we agreed I look better with black hair, was so hard to keep white hair clean without it showing all the dirt in it from battle.", Mark added to alleviate the gynoid girl's worry, ending with a small grin.

"Ugh, tell me about it. Spend two hours in a trench and everyone asks when I became a brunette. It's annoying as all get out......you're lucky you had the defect corrected, otherwise I might have done it.", Jack said returning a sideways glance with a chuckle. He looked thoughtful as he wondered if there was anything they actually could have an argument over, but came up blank.

As Jack thought, Mark took the chance to further the real topic at hand, "Was there anything else you wanted to know about us?"

Nyx nodded her head to her Uncle’s words while finding herself pleased that he doubted that they will have a reason to fight again, which was something he hoped and it was something she hoped for as well. Soon he mentioned he looked good in black hair, and she remembered what was hair for her was also black she wondered how they both felt about it.

“I have been hearing others complaint in the cleaners, where they say white is harder to clean, and they love the fact that the uniform is Black and red. I’m glad I chose to have black hair, but I’d like to ask, do I look good in that too?’ she asked them both before she turned her attention to Mark when he asked her a question “I do not think there is anything more I’d like to know about the two of you, specifically.” she said to them.

"Honey, everything about you looks good. You're perfectly beautiful with how you look, I'd say we made a good looking kid, but Izzy has full credit for that one. Your mother always did have a way with making everything she made art in its own way. You are no different in that regard, and I am grateful for such love in her work, especially when it comes in the form of a beloved daughter.", Jack said with another warm smile. He hoped he didn't sound cheesy, or cliche, but it was how he felt.

"Your father was the one behind the color concept, and a few things like the dress uniform. He's not as bad with a wrench himself, can usually repair and modify any gear he uses. He even built a fusion powered motorcycle in his garage once. Man worked hard to put everything into this group when he started. I say brother, a legendary tale indeed, from mercenary zero to lordly hero. Who would have thought we would make it this far.", Mark added with a scratch of the beard, knowing the answer he was going to get next. He still liked to poke the man on the topic, finding it interesting the amount of modesty given compared to the leaders of other nations.

"I'm no hero though, and yeah because gun smithing isn't the best hobby to have when raising a family. But I digress, the journey was hell getting here today, and not just this planet. We've fought wars, riots, economic collapses, numerous battles, and scientific set backs. Many have died along the way, and I always felt I could have done better, or saved more.....I'm just trying to make sure we see it through, and we may be through the hard part, but things are far from over.", Jack replied.

Nyx smiled with the pleasure that now flooded her very being as she listened to her father not only compliment her but also her mother. She saw the warm smile on her father’s face and she knew that he wasn’t lying about what he had said. “ Yeah, I had begun thinking that mom is a genius,” she told him before she turned to her uncle.

Mark told her that Jack was the one behind the color concept and the few things like the dress uniform. She heard he wasn’t bad with a wrench either and that he could repair and modify any gear he uses. She learned that he also built a fusion-powered motorcycle. When Mark mentioned the uniform, she had actually looked down at it, as she noted that the thing she was wearing now, the thing that helped her feel like a real member of S6, and the New Dusk conclave, came from her father.

Jack soon spoke, so she listened and watched him speak of the things they had to go through. It was what he had said first that momentarily distracted her. She had heard him say he wasn’t a hero, though she wasn’t sure if Gunsmithing was the best thing either she couldn’t comment on that. “Dad, you are a hero, I learned that the moment you welcomed me into the family and didn’t have a bad thing to say. you’re a hero, to me, and possibly a lot of others,” she told him. “I will do my best to help the two of you with this, I promise you both,” she told them.

"Well I appreciate those kind words honey, I just......maybe I need some time to see that myself. Hero's have always to me seemed more....morally correct, more "good" in how they approach things. I just don't have that, and I'm sorry to say this Nyx, but I've done my share of bad things. I'm not a morally good person, as I've always done what I felt had to be done, something being a soldier has always made sure I've hard learned.", Jack said, remembering his military career in the NSMC, those 6 long years of what had seemed like a nightmare. He knew the Fenrir project had been partly to blame for his actions back then, but he felt that didn't excuse them any less.

"I've always done what I saw needed for our people to survive, even fought dirty, or resorted to extreme measures. Hero's aren't leaders, they're the ones who come forward when leaders fail. At best, people like me can be considered morally grey.", he added, shaking his head.

Nyx felt pleased that he appreciated her words she told him what was from what would have been her heart. Though from what he was telling her, it seemed that he needs to believe that for himself and that he needed time to see that for himself too. She tried to think of what she should say or do at that moment. She knew he must have made difficult choices and she knew it would affect him, too. She remembered what he had said about wanting freedom.

She didn’t know what to say instead she did the only thing she could think to do, she moved to him and gave him a hug, not a bad one, fortunately. Once the hug was concluded she stepped back, and as she did so she released him so he wasn’t pulled along as she moved back. “I understand what you're saying,” she told him, thinking that it would be good to have her acknowledge what he had to go through. She knew he as a leader would need to make hard choices, and it probably wouldn’t be something He’d wish on anyone.

Jack was grateful for the hug, returning it as she gave it. It was amazing how much life this synthetic girl was showing him, and in that moment he had to agree in the opinion that Izzy was a genius. His wife was a life giver, a mother of creation, and one to make most of the dreams that came out of the R&D labs to reality. It was truly uncanny, and great relief to know she wouldn't think of him differently on his admission of having done wrong. "Well, hate to break up the moment, but you have more family to share such moments with. Now get along you two, go make some memories.", Mark said to remind the pair of their meetings with others of the Pine family.

"Right you are brother. Shall we my dear? There are many to share that abundance of love with, and you will find plenty in return.", Jack affirmed.

As she moved to release herself from her father, her ears picked up Mark’s words. He was kind enough to remind them that they had more of their family to meet and Jack mentioned that there were many to share the abundance of love with and that she will get plenty in return. She liked the sound of that, and she nodded her head. “Indeed, let us go, Father, I am excited to meet everyone,” she said, happily as she allowed her father to lead.

She did know of some places in their growing city, but she felt her father would know better where her individual family members were.

"Then off we go then. First stop is to see my mother.....well one of them.", Jack said as he pulled up a map of the building on his HUD, causing his eyes to glow red faintly. "Hmm, looks like....she's in the simulation chamber where we run wargames. Not surprising since she likes to run marksman courses when it's not reserved for an exercises. She should have a suppressor, but if not, I hope gun fire won't harm your hearing will it Nyx?", he asked after a moment once he had finished setting a waypoint. Waving her to follow, Jack lead the way out of the office after saying goodbye to Mark.

SIM ARENA
As the pair would arrive in the massive chamber, a renovation done given the once mighty ship's now indefinite grounded state of being, there were a chorus of sounds. Someone was pegging targets at the other end of the field in rapid succession. It was a 600 yard distance, and the rifle was suppressed, but clearly a powerful one. A group of troopers stood to the side, observing the spectacle.

The space was flat on all surfaces other then that where the observation deck a couple floors up protruded a bit from the wall, allowing full view of the field within it's protective geometric box of optical plates. The walls were otherwise smooth, the ceiling far above a curved dome like top, and the floor was of a hexagonal pattern. All of it was of a dark slate grey color. Around them, hexagon shaped pillars rose to various heights, clearly showing the space could be modulated and changed for different environments. Atop the tallest pillar, laid prone with a anti-material rifle, was the shooter. Their face could not be seen at this distance, but long flowing black hair, marked them as a familiar woman.

"And that would be my mother, your grandmother, Sarah Pine. She's our best marksman, and one of my best troops. Been serving since the beginning, when we started with a five man team only. Let's go say hi.", Jack said as he pointed her out as the sniper pegging targets. [Yo, come meet the new grand baby.]

Sarah: [you got another one.........and I thought I was adding too many. Where did you find this one?]
Jack: [Actually your daughter in law did this one, I can't claim any credit.]
Sarah: [You're shitting me right? Izzy...adopted...a kid.....Son I clearly have to keep an eye on you two more.]
Jack: [she actually....built..this one. She's a gynoid named Nyx.]
Sarah: [............]

He got a little nervous at the lack of response, the last message only being a string of periods to convey a lack of words. Jack chuckled quietly as the shooting stopped. The woman above stood, then walked to the edge of the pillar, before simply walking off the edge. She fell in a T pose, the floor quickly rising to meet her, but Sarah fired the thrusters of her Revenant Mk I armor she was wearing. It slowed her enough to take a manageable landing with a loud thud as her power armored form landed in a kneeling crouch. The 50 cal Black Rose AMR was slung to her back before rising and striding forward, "So you must be Nyx, my new granddaughter."

Now that she was before them, Nyx could see her clearly. Sarah was a very curvy, slender yet athletically built woman, who looked to be in her early 20's. However, her listed age revealed her real age of 43 if Nyx bothered to check. The reason why she was so youthful appearing, also revealed in her file, as she was a Gesherin. An evolved human, who tended to live for 200 years or more, and only really beginning to hit old aging in the last fourth of their life span. She was 6'2 with deep blue eyes, flowing butt length black hair as black as the void of space, and a long scar that ran along the curve of the right side of her face.

Nyx listened as Jack confirmed that their first stop was to see his mother, or rather one of them. She continued to listen when he mentioned she was in the simulation chamber, which was the place where they ran Wargames. It turns out her grandmother liked to run marksman courses when it wasn’t reserved for an exercise. Nyx found she’d like to see what she was able to do when Jack mentioned she’d have her suppressor, but she heard him state his concerns.

Nyx followed Jack, nodding a farewell to her Uncle. “The Gunfire shouldn’t bother me, I can adjust the sensitivity, or I can move my ears so that they aren’t taking it like this,” she said then showed off how she can turn her ears. Once the showing off was finished she turned her ears back to their original positions.

SIM ARENA
As they approached, she heard the sounds, Someone was hitting targets and not just one either, but in rapid succession. They made it to the observation windows and she took in the environment before her eyes saw the sniper, which her dad confirmed was Sarah. She watched as she took the shots getting her targets well. “Grandmother… is amazing!” she couldn’t help but say it as unaware to her, her father began communicating with Sarah.

Sarah soon stopped her shooting, and the Gynoid watched as she moved, and she gasped audibly when Sarah jumped before she noticed the armor she was wearing.

She watched her make her approach, then took in the sight before her fairly quickly before she was greeted. “Indeed, I am honored to meet you!” she told her as she lifted her hand to shake her other far older woman’s hand. Nyx would have been interested in hugging her, but since she wasn’t sure if Sarah was comfortable with that, she decided to go with the handshake instead.

“I would like to say you were shooting very well, “ She mentioned to her. She could see the family resemblance to Jack as she saw her, and she noted from the scars the other woman must have been in battle before, which was understandable, based on what Jack had told her about her family.

She also knew when one said Gynoid that it was a machine in the shape of a human, specifically a human woman. But it was possibly a surprise to most how she, in particular, behaved, so alive.

Last edited:
Sarah skipped the hand, passing it up to go straight to a hug, "We're family, we hug here. If my sons keep giving me grand babies like this, sending out cards for the holidays are gonna be a nightmare to keep up with. But that doesn't mean I'm complaining, especially when I get to love such a wonderful family."

Once Sarah finally gently pulled away after a long moment, she looked at Nyx with a warm smile as she regarded the synthetic girl with such deep blue eyes. "So, I guess me and you are going to have a girls night out with me, you, maybe your sisters. Were I get to love on ya and spoil you without mister grumpy here nagging me.", Sarah said excitedly before playfully sticking a tongue out at her son Jack. She then looked back at Nyx again with a giggle, "So how about you and I get to know each other better yeah?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back