• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hi Everyone! :)

Shenmue654

Inactive Member
Hey! :3

I decided I'd try my hand at this place, because if the world information is really as complex as the advertisements suggest....then I have found the song of my people. >3

I'm a 25-year old woman who has been Roleplaying for over a decade now. I have no plan other than to have fun in the midst of my miserably demanding law school experience. X3 I:

*Am a massive nerd who loves anime and video games. Favorite Game: FFIX. Still. Favorite Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Gankutsuou, Last Exile, Romeo X Juliet.

*Have a longstanding villain obsession that refuses to go away. This leads to a longstanding obsession with dystopias, dark unpleasant places of the universe, imaginary prejudice, tentacles, and creepy faerie logic. I can also play them very effectively and with relatively complex personalities and motivations.

*Enjoy world-building in every capacity conceivable and have been doing one form or another since before I can remember.

I hope to explore the wide space opera world of Star Army and look forward to playing with you all! :D

First off, welcome to the universe of star army! The staff and some of the other members will most likely make themselves known to you soon if they haven't already. They, myself, and the wiki can answer any question you may have. Mind my asking, what field of law do you plan to go into?

Welcome to Star Army! More women are always welcome in my book, there are far too few of us here! :D

Based on your given interests, I'm having a hard time deciding which of the main factions would interest you more. Yamatai is very heavily influenced by anime and Japanese pop culture, but Nepleslia is the grittier, more dystopian setting (depending on who you ask!). There are also a number of smaller factions that may be worth a look, as well as a budding community of independent characters and roleplay threads (called "plots" here) focused on the exploits of adventurers who pledge no allegiance to any one government.

You can find a wealth of information on the wiki, but don't let its size daunt you. It's enormous, but I don't believe any one player here knows it all. Feel free to ask questions, whether here on in the IRC, accessible via a link at the top of the page.

For more introductory information, I'm going to lazily copy and paste an earlier greeting with what you may need to get started here. :)

Greetings and welcome!

To get you started, have a look at the New Player's Guide to get a brief overview of the major factions and how the site works. The SARPiverse is enormous, so spend some time browsing the wiki (which can be reached via a link in the bar on the top of this page). There is a lot of information on there, so don't feel like you have to know it all, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to! I don't think anyone here is an expert on everything, but between all of the active players, somebody is bound to have the answers you're looking for.

There is also a list of active plots that you can choose from to cut your teeth on. In order to get better acquainted with the setting, I would strongly reccommend that you look into joining one of the long-running, established plots. Unfortunately, it seems that Nepleslian plots are lacking currently, and the ones that are running are moving at a relatively slow pace, so while you do have that option if Nepleslia is more attractive to you, Yamataian plots are far more numerous.

There are also a number of independent plots running if you prefer to play a civilian, mercenary, corporate employee, or freelancer-type character that is not part of any major faction military.

Alternatively, you can go to the Open Roleplaying forum and get right to RPing, since getting prior approval for your character is not required there. It is, however, considered good ettiquette to talk to the original poster of a thread before jumping in. That is, of course, unless you prefer to start your own and try to attract other players to RP with you there.

Whatever your tastes, the best thing you can do right now is take your time absorbing as much information as you can until you're comfortable enough with a specific area of the universe you're most interested in to get started there, and never stop referring to the wiki. I should point out that there is currently a big push to get some less detailed areas of the universe better fleshed out, so if you see anything that looks out of date or isn't clear to you, speak up! We can get it fixed easily, given that the right people get involved, or at least help you better understand it.

Don't be shy with your questions, and happy RPing!

First off, welcome to the universe of star army! The staff and some of the other members will most likely make themselves known to you soon if they haven't already. They, myself, and the wiki can answer any question you may have. Mind my asking, what field of law do you plan to go into?

Disability Rights Law, in an ideal situation. I am also interested in Employment Discrimination Law and Civil Rights Law as a result of their connections to the former. I want to work in the public service sector if possible, either as part of an advocacy organization or for the federal government. There are groups of people who repeatedly get screwed by the justice system as it is, and yet it is these people who most need the help of a lawyer.

Thanks for welcoming me in, by the way! :}

Wow! Reading your intro here so far, I'm really glad and honored to have a person like you joining the community. If there's anything at all I can do to help you, just give me the word.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back